• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Sun & Moon |OT2| Calling for help! · · · – – – · · ·

So now that I have some time to do so, I will be breeding 4-5 IV Pokemon and give them away to you lovely lot. They will not be in a special type of ball, but all will have some egg moves. I'll be working on:

Litten, Adamant, Blaze (of course)
-Fake Out
-Crunch

Cutiefly, Modest, Shield Dust
-Moonblast
-Speed Swap

Fomantis, Rash, Contrary
-Leaf Storm
Giga Drain

Bounsweet, Adamant and Jolly, Oblivious
-Synthesis
-Play Rough

I'll be getting the breeding done today, but probably won't be able to give them away till tomorrow since I still have to work later tonight. Let me know if you're interested in any of these and I'll put some aside for you!!

Rafavert

So now that I have some time to do so, I will be breeding 4-5 IV Pokemon and give them away to you lovely lot. They will not be in a special type of ball, but all will have some egg moves. I'll be working on:

Litten, Adamant, Blaze (of course)
-Fake Out
-Crunch

Cutiefly, Modest, Shield Dust
-Moonblast
-Speed Swap

Fomantis, Rash, Contrary
-Leaf Storm
Giga Drain

Bounsweet, Adamant and Jolly, Oblivious
-Synthesis
-Play Rough

I'll be getting the breeding done today, but probably won't be able to give them away till tomorrow since I still have to work later tonight. Let me know if you're interested in any of these and I'll put some aside for you!!

I got rejects from breeding Cutieflies with Moonblast and Baton pass in Moon Balls. Want one?

EDIT: Not Moon Balls, Love Balls. Got a bunch of 5 IV females (No males)

Type2

Thanks again for the help GAF. Cant wait to finally hatch this shiny sandyghast and move on to breeding a team together.

Izayoi

Banned
What are you using?
I've tried tons of teams. Most recently (and successfully) I was using Porygon-Z, Dragonite, and Metagross. Metagross ended up fucking me completely, by missing Zen Headbutt THREE TURNS IN A ROW. I didn't have any problems with him until then but I never want to use him again. :lol

I've tried various other combinations, incorporating Mimikyu, Toxapex, Garchomp, and Minior (among others) but it always ends in defeat by RNG.

I have the worst fucking luck and it is making me never want to touch this game again. (All of the 'mons I use are perfect in that they are bred, trained, and properly equipped.)

I was not expecting catching a Beldum to be so difficult. I probably went through 40 balls in total. Having a Ghost type is the only thing that makes it possible.

Wiseblade

I've tried tons of teams. Most recently (and successfully) I was using Porygon-Z, Dragonite, and Metagross. Metagross ended up fucking me completely, by missing Zen Headbutt THREE TURNS IN A ROW. I didn't have any problems with him until then but I never want to use him again. :lol

I've tried various other combinations, incorporating Mimikyu, Toxapex, Garchomp, and Minior (among others) but it always ends in defeat by RNG.

I have the worst fucking luck and it is making me never want to touch this game again. (All of the 'mons I use are perfect in that they are bred, trained, and properly equipped.)
All I can suggest is maybe Kartana. I use an Adamant Focus Sash Kartana as my lead now and have had a lot of success with it. It doesn't require a setup turn, gets more powerful as it sweeps and can largely shake off status effects. This frees Mimikyu up to serve as an anchor. Mimikyu also covers Kartana's Fighting weakness. I use Ash-Greninja in the third slot, but Starmie is probably a better pick to avoid the shared Fighting weakness.

Ultimately, it's impossible to cover everything the game will throw at you with just 3 Pokémon, especially long term as the chance of eventually getting haxed out approaches 1 as the streak continues. I've had a team get an easy 50 wins before only to fail to get even 20 the very next run.

I was not expecting catching a Beldum to be so difficult. I probably went through 40 balls in total. Having a Ghost type is the only thing that makes it possible.
Beldum have been notorious for that since Gen 3. They have the lowest catch rate possible and the only move they have is one that deals recoil damage to themselves. Not a great combination at all.

Demoli

I've actually got everything on your list, sorry.

Alright, no worries. Wish I had a bunch to do a giveaway but don't just yet.

I got some decent Roggenrolas with gravity, wide guard and heavy slam with adamant nature and in a beast ball if you want.

Regiruler

The Battle Tree is such bullshit, I'm about ready to call it quits. So much of it comes down to pure luck, and I have absolutely none. What a fucking atrocity. I think I'm done with this game.
You have to play to survive, not play to win. You can't use a sweeper that would kill 90% easily if you can't 100% of the time address even the most obscure of weaknesses.
Example: Minior loses outright to steelix. It's an impossible battle even if it comes in to you with a shell smash and full health. Even though nobody uses steelix, you have to have an answer for it.

I've found using Golisopod reduces the luck factor going against you by quite a bit. But maybe that's just me.

casiopao

You know Godceus is really blessing u there when in 5 hours, you got bounsweet 6IV with correct nature and egg moves+ shinotic 6iv also with correct nature and egg moves+ shiny drampa lol.

I wish this luck streak wont stop forever.^~^

Now huge question lol. Does breeding using Shiny Drampa will increase the chance for me getting more Shiny Drampa?

You know Godceus is really blessing u there when in 5 hours, you got bounsweet 6IV with correct nature and egg moves+ shinotic 6iv also with correct nature and egg moves+ shiny drampa lol.

I wish this luck streak wont stop forever.^~^

Now huge question lol. Does breeding using Shiny Drampa will increase the chance for me getting more Shiny Drampa?

Dang that is some good luck! And no, breeding using a shiny does not increase your chances.

casiopao

Dang that is some good luck! And no, breeding using a shiny does not increase your chances.

Aww sadness. Guess i wont ever used that Drampa for my team then hiks.

At least all that 6IV poke is wonderful.

Now after,this Drampa, i wonder what poke i am going to 6IV again lol.

Jims

Tried out the Island Scan for the first time this week and got a Chikorita right off the bat. Started breeding a bunch of them and was able to get almost all of the Gen2 and Gen5 starters via GTS in about a day. People like trading starter for starter.

Gotta ask the PokeExperts here. Do people who put up ridiculous trades on GTS asks actually plan on ever getting these, or is it just trolling, or some other reason? I filter out the legendaries, but there are still a lot of asks for Level 90+ stuff. Is there some huge hacking meta-game that is going on in GTS?

Took a while, but I finally got my female Salandit with proper IVs. I actually got two 6 IV male Salandits in the meantime lol.

Anyways, I need this question answered ASAP: do male Swimmers show up on the Battle Tree?

Please say yes.

Got to battle 18 in regular singles in the Battle Tree. Lost because of a few back-to-back minor misplays. Arcanine didn't do too well against whatever was first (I forgot now). I let Mimikyu get rocked by an Emboar after its yawn (should have used play rough instead of shadow claw), then my Porygon-Z revenge killed into a Gliscor. I was too worried about the ground move to use Z-Conversion, but it turns out it was an acrobatics Gliscor.

Anyway, the 3 I used were as follows. Feedback is always appreciated:

Arcanine @ Shell Bell, Adamant
Flare Blitz
Wild Charge
Close Combat
Morning Sun

Mimikyu @ Life Orb, Jolly
Swords Dance
Shadow Sneak
Play Rough
Shadow Claw

Porygon-Z @ Normalium Z, Timid
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
Conversion
Recover

I'm done. Fucking done.

Thought the series absolutely hit bottom of the barrel with the shit that was X and Y's awful campaign, but this game doesn't let me fucking play it with all the cutscenes. Now I finally get to play it and I'm forced to do Trainer School battles. Remember when you didn't have to step into the Trainer Schools if you already knew how to play the games in the past? Seventh generation and the game assumes everyone is new. Fuck this game man. What a load of shit. This year I'm dropping bad games - this is my first one.

Ri'Orius

I'm done. Fucking done.

Thought the series absolutely hit bottom of the barrel with the shit that was X and Y's awful campaign, but this game doesn't let me fucking play it with all the cutscenes. Now I finally get to play it and I'm forced to do Trainer School battles. Remember when you didn't have to step into the Trainer Schools if you already knew how to play the games in the past? Seventh generation and the game assumes everyone is new. Fuck this game man. What a load of shit. This year I'm dropping bad games - this is my first one.

Sun and Moon doesn't have the traditional gym structure. Trainer School is kind of the equivalent of the first gym.

I agree that there's a lot of cutscenes and it can get annoying, and I could see how the various Trials and whatnots that take the place of gyms could be boring to someone who just wants to go in and fight trainers, but I thought it was a refreshing change to the formula.

RRockman

Banned
I'm done. Fucking done.

OK_thumb.png

I guess if that's your choice that's fine. I mean these games take the traditional pokemon formula and burn it and then proceed to toss the ashes out the window. I dont really think you should drop it so early until you see just how different it is but I guess that's just me.

I'm done. Fucking done.

:lol 🙄

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I love how Pokemon has been becoming more of an RPG since Black and White story wise. It's not like they dialed it up to 11 either, just gave it a proper direction beyond "shorts are comfy and easy to wear" and "catch all the mons."

I can see why this would upset people, but I like it a lot. Zinnia in ORAS is an example of this gone wrong though.

LotusHD

Banned
I'm done. Fucking done.

I want even more cutscenes for the next game.
Let them be skippable though.

I love how Pokemon has been becoming more of an RPG since Black and White story wise. It's not like they dialed it up to 11 either, just gave it a proper direction beyond "shorts are comfy and easy to wear" and "catch all the mons."

I can see why this would upset people, but I like it a lot. Zinnia in ORAS is an example of this gone wrong though.

This is pretty how I feel. A Pokemon game that's actually trying to doing with its story? More please. Lillie, and many of the other characters were just a delight.

casiopao

Guyssss help. Anyone have a poliwag with Swift Swim? I want to make a Politoad with Drizzle here.

I will exchange with a bewear with both thunder and ice punch.^~^

Koren

Finally got a regenerator Mareanie, and yes, it's an annoying one to SOS chain... My chain was broken twice because the Mareanie used poison on the Corsola, and even at full health, it died before calling another Corsola :/

I used to spore the Mareanie when they were arriving to check their ability and kill them before they can even attack, but spore duration is a random, and when a Mareanie managed to set toxic spikes, since I needed to switch pokémons to do this, it became a knightmare.

I wish you could use items on wild pokemons...

MoeDabs

The story is pure shit. I feel like everyone is brain dead in Pokemon Sun/Moon.

Top Bottom