• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Sun & Moon |OT2| Calling for help! · · · – – – · · ·

jelmerjt

Now that Pokemon Bank is out, does anyone have a Heavy Metal Bronzor or Bronzong with Skill Swap?

I want to test out if giving a Beldum Heavy Metal will finally allow a player to catch Beldum in a Heavy Ball.

I will give you a perfect Hidden Power Fire Alolan Vulpix in return.

Pokeball: Moon Ball
Ability: Snow Warning
Nature: Timid
Egg moves: Freeze-Dry, Moonblast, Encore, Disable
IVs: 31/0/31/30/31/30

What happens if you breed a Ha prev gen Pokemon with an alolan form with a Ditto (without Everstone obviously) ? Can you get a HA alolan form Pokemon ?

Yagami_Sama

This game motivated me to start breeding and build a completive team, but now with pokebank compatibly, I lost the interest in doing so.

So I will quit.

Ugh...grabbed my Pokemon X case to transfer some Pokemon and Bravely Default was in there. I never do that kind of thing. Now I can't find the Bravely Default case, which I assume has Pokemon X. I don't even remember playing Bravely Default in the past year, but I played X during the VGAs. :(

Marz

Ugh...grabbed my Pokemon X case to transfer some Pokemon and Bravely Default was in there. I never do that kind of thing. Now I can't find the Bravely Default case, which I assume has Pokemon X. I don't even remember playing Bravely Default in the past year, but I played X during the VGAs. :(

Damn. U played yourself.

alvmew

C3At8RQW8AAI0aa.jpg

Shaymin, Hoopa and Furfrou don't revert forms when boxed anymore. Huzzah!

Is this the case in Bank too, or just Sun/Moon?

Zautruche

Banned
They revert when put into Bank

Also revert when you remove them from the box. They've altered it so you can assign them to Battle Teams

I just tested with Shaymin, Furfrou and Hoopa.
Shaymin loses the form as soon as you switch boxes within Pokémon Bank.
Furfrou loses the forms as soon as you switch boxes within Pokémon Bank.
Hoopa keeps the form until you put him in your team within Pokemon Sun/Moon. (He might lose it after the 3 days)

alvmew

They revert when put into Bank

Also revert when you remove them from the box. They've altered it so you can assign them to Battle Teams

I just tested with Shaymin, Furfrou and Hoopa.
Shaymin loses the form as soon as you switch boxes within Pokémon Bank.
Furfrou loses the forms as soon as you switch boxes within Pokémon Bank.
Hoopa keeps the form until you put him in your team within Pokemon Sun/Moon. (He might lose it after the 3 days)

Awesome, thanks. I keep my living Dex in Bank, so now it bothers me a little less that I don't have a spare Shaymin and Hoopa to have one of those forms in there too.

(...and yeah I still want one if anyone has spares they are interested in trading. Lol.)

Demoli

Please please PLEASE check this video

E66W-WWWW-WWW4-R59N

And tell me I wouldn't be completely justified if i threw my 3ds at a wall.

It's crazy how many different combos I can run on battle spot today. I have so many extra legends but they're from older Gens so the IVs are a little disappointing. I'm gonna have to start doing some give always with some of my extra pokes. If anyone wants to battle or needs an obscure pokemon PM me, I'm gonna be consumed with this game again today.

Please please PLEASE check this video

E66W-WWWW-WWW4-R59N

And tell me I wouldn't be completely justified if i threw my 3ds at a wall.

I'm watching now, seems to be a decent match so far crappy miss with that will o wisp and the flinch sucked but it seems to be going your way.

EDIT: oh man that second flinch. Holy shit that third flinch!!

EDIT EDIT : was that a fourth flinch? Haha haha woooow but hey you still pulled it off

Anyone want to battle 6v6? I'm itching to break in some old favourites.

I'm down if you're cool with doubles

Lukemon

Anyone noticed any weird IV stuff when transferring? Just brought across all of my competitive trained mons (no room for the living dex in SuMo boxes right now, and no National Dex to warrant the effort of moving it all right now anyway) and some that I distinctly remember breeding for ages to get as good as possible are coming up WAY short according to the Judge option. Trying to work out if shenanigans are afoot, if I've been lied to by IV calcs for years, or if Past Me just wasn't as thorough as he thought. Fairly sure it's not the latter as I've known about IVs since Gen3 and wouldn't EV train things that apparently don't even have one perfect stat...

Wiseblade

I'm watching now, seems to be a decent match so far crappy miss with that will o wisp and the flinch sucked but it seems to be going your way.

EDIT: oh man that second flinch. Holy shit that third flinch!!

EDIT EDIT : was that a fourth flinch? Haha haha woooow but hey you still pulled it off

I'm down if you're cool with doubles
Sorry, I don't know the first thing about doubles.

The Kalos pentagon?

I didn't notice any differences between my Hoenn Pokemon other than the really old ones had ALL CAPS nicknames. I looked for the mark, couldn't find it on the ORAS Pokemon.

For Kanto, it says "Kanto, from the good old days" for RBY, and just "Kanto" for FRLG. No such distinction is made for RSE versus ORAS as far as I can tell.

CazTGG

Since the Bank now allows for all pre-Bank Pokémon to be used, i'm looking for the following:

HA Totodile
HA Cyndaquil
Mareep
Houndour

Let me know what you want in return and i'll try to accommodate.

Since the Bank now allows for all pre-Bank Pokémon to be used, i'm looking for the following:

HA Totodile
HA Cyndaquil
Houndour

Let me know what you want in return and i'll try to accomadate.

Ditto on the Totodile I've wanted a Sheer force Feraligatr for so long.

I swear I thought I had a Houndour I could offer you but some how I never got one in the new versions.

AssassiN

got the wrong hit
So i transferred my Charizard from X with it's mega stone attached, now i'm assuming that items can't be transferred but is there a way to mega evolve it in Sun/Moon?

Also transferred my Groudon from OR can you use it's Primal Rage in Sun/Moon?

Anyone noticed any weird IV stuff when transferring? Just brought across all of my competitive trained mons (no room for the living dex in SuMo boxes right now, and no National Dex to warrant the effort of moving it all right now anyway) and some that I distinctly remember breeding for ages to get as good as possible are coming up WAY short according to the Judge option. Trying to work out if shenanigans are afoot, if I've been lied to by IV calcs for years, or if Past Me just wasn't as thorough as he thought. Fairly sure it's not the latter as I've known about IVs since Gen3 and wouldn't EV train things that apparently don't even have one perfect stat...

If they're from Gen 3, it's entirely possible you were tricked by the badge boosts.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Does this really have no national dex? I haven't finished it yet so I wasn't aware.

Yep there's no national dex in Sun and Moon what so ever and has been poorly shoved to Pokémon Bank and I say poorly as any Pokémon are are not in the Alolan dex don't have Pokédex entry and unlike the game there's no 3D viewer so you don't get to see them in 3D and cycle through their animation.

It frustrate me as it feel like that these Pokémon don't exist at all within the game and that Game Freak got lazy and couldn't be bothered to give the rest of the Pokémon Pokédex entries which begs the question why even bother doing it for Form and Megas?

Lukemon

If they're from Gen 3, it's entirely possible you were tricked by the badge boosts.

Holy shit, I like to think I know my stuff when it comes to Pokemon but this is new to me. Thanks for the heads-up. Would certainly seem to explain the most egregious wrong'uns I've been carrying around for years. Most of the rest are only a Bottle Cap away from being fine. How did I not know this was a thing?

Rafavert

So i transferred my Charizard from X with it's mega stone attached, now i'm assuming that items can't be transferred but is there a way to mega evolve it in Sun/Moon?

Also transferred my Groudon from OR can you use it's Primal Rage in Sun/Moon?

You get its megastones from Red/Blue when you beat them at the entrance of the Battle Tree.

Superpower can't be bred on Eevee, right?

Nope...!

Top Bottom