• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon XY |OT3| How's That? Owned, Suckah!

Neiteio

Kangaskhan is so cheap
It's kind of funny how as XY were coming out, everyone was talking about how Mega Gengar would be some unstoppable monster, but it's never given me any trouble whatsoever. The one and only Mega that has consistently stopped me and steamrolled me is Mega Kangaskhan.

Perhaps... perhaps it's time I embrace the beast.

Neiteio

Once when I was using Sableye a Suicune hit me with Toxic. I used Trick to steal its Lum Berry and heal myself. I'm also using Trick right now on my Wash Rotom with Choice Specs. It can be a lot of fun.
That sounds amazing, Backlot. :O The next Pokémon I plan to raise is Wash Rotom, actually. I think I'll try the Chesto-Rest combination first, just because with Trick you never know what item to expect from your opponent and I want to wait out Will-O-Wisp.

Hey guys,
I wanted to put Carbink in my Exploders team and was wondering if there was an easy way of breeding them.
Because they are genderless they can only breed with themselves and dittos right?
If so I'm going to need to do a lot more catching.
Yeah, they have to breed with Ditto. Don't use one with Clear Body, though. You want Sturdy. Shoot me a PM sometime tomorrow, I'll hook you up with a Sturdy Carbink to get you started. You're not likely to run into one in the wild. They're quite rare, but very worthwhile!

Can pokemon trace stance change?
I don't see why not, but what good is Trace Stance Change without King's Shield?

ramyeon

It's kind of funny how as XY were coming out, everyone was talking about how Mega Gengar would be some unstoppable monster, but it's never given me any trouble whatsoever. The one and only Mega that has consistently stopped me and steamrolled me is Mega Kangaskhan.

Perhaps... perhaps it's time I embrace the beast.
Like I said a few posts back, Ferrothorn is a really good counter. Iron Barsb + Rocky Helmet means Kanga will be getting massive amounts of damage if she attacks you. One of the few cases where Parental Bond is detrimental. Similar story with Garchomp, one switched in on me and it took off around 50% of my health. Would have used Earthquake if I knew it was coming though. That double Earthquake hit... damn.

Atlantis

I guess I can see the merit in having more speed to go before other Talonflames and priority moves, could be useful I guess.

Man, Ferrothorn with Rocky Helmet totally trolls Mega Kangaskhan. Since Parental Bond hits twice you get damaged twice as well, pretty bad.

Since you're saving one EV on HP, you can easily put that into Speed to out speed any Talonflame with no invested Speed.

You can also put both extra EVs into Speed and outspeed the above Talonflame. That Speed creep.

Neiteio

Like I said a few posts back, Ferrothorn is a really good counter. Iron Barsb + Rocky Helmet means Kanga will be getting massive amounts of damage if she attacks you. One of the few cases where Parental Bond is detrimental. Similar story with Garchomp, one switched in on me and it took off around 50% of my health. Would have used Earthquake if I knew it was coming though. That double Earthquake hit... damn.
Wait, the way you worded this is confusing. Are you using Ferrothorn in these scenarios you described, or Mega Kangaskhan?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I'm pretty sure anything can be traced; the matter is if it actually does anything.
The best is Ditto transforming into Aegislash though.

ramyeon

Wait, the way you worded this is confusing. Are you using Ferrothorn in these scenarios you described, or Mega Kangaskhan?
I mean as a counter to Mega Kangaskhan. I was using Kangaskhan in the Garchomp example.

Ferrothorn has Iron Barbs and if it equips a Rocky Helmet then Kangaskhan will get damaged every time it hits, hitting twice means getting damaged twice.

Same with Garchomp with Rough Skin + Rocky Helmet.

FSLink

Banned
I'm pretty sure anything can be traced; the matter is if it actually does anything.
The best is Ditto transforming into Aegislash though.

Well "Trace cannot copy Flower Gift, Forecast, Illusion, Imposter, Multitype, Trace, and Zen Mode." And add Stance Change to that.

backlot

Oh, so Stance Change can't be traced? I figured it could, but just wouldn't do anything notable without King's Shield.

That's neat Parental Bond can bet traced, though.

It's not really an issue of not having King's Shield. Even Aegislash can make use of the ability without King's Shield. The problem is that it causes Aegislash to change forms and other Pokemon don't have forms to change into.

ramyeon

Since you're saving one EV on HP, you can easily put that into Speed to out speed any Talonflame with no invested Speed.

You can also put both extra EVs into Speed and outspeed the above Talonflame. That Speed creep.
Ah okay nice, I suppose I can play around with it a bit anyway with reset bags and all until I find something that works best.

Kokonoe

Banned
...are you kidding me.

Pokemon X and Y: Fully Automatic Shiny Pokemon Finder!

A hands-free shiny finder I built using a microcontroller, it chain fishes at full speed and without fail at a touch of a button. The fishing keeps going without human input until a shiny shows up, at which point it stops and sound a buzzer to notify the user.

It took 81 chains to catch a shiny in this case, but during my other tests it's usually around 50, and sometimes even less than 20 chains get you one.

This video was originally named "Pokemon X and Y: Fully Automatic shiny Pokemon catcher!", but I now think finder is more appropriate since it alerts you instead of actually catching it.

Okay, why the HELL is there no match making for 6v6? Friends and passerby's constantly reject battles. Either that or they don't respond at all, which is twice as annoying.

Edit: Why are people even online if they don't want to battle? :/

CrimsonN0

My Shuckle had a Dig/Fly war with a Charizard X.
I somehow still took out his Charizard X with Shuckle, though.(He was paralyzed from Galvantula so I couldn't Toxic him, he got killed purely with Infestation)

Can Magician be used to collect items from wild Pokemon?

I noticed that my Shiny Braixan ( named Kreayshawn!) has it. Been meaning to get some lucky eggs.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Holy crud, you can search within parameters in your boxes!?
This was probably in other gens, but it's useful to me now since my boxes are a mess.

NEO0MJ

Maybe there's hope they won't take years to release the last 3.

Or more likely, just a debug save for screenshots or something.

I just hope that they don't restrict access to the event pokemon to the updated games, like they did with BW2.

FSLink

Banned
Catched Xerneas with my first ultra ball...

X/Y truly is ezmode pokemon.

More like every cover legendary in recent times are easy to catch (have a higher catch rate) because they're mandatory.

Though X/Y are the easiest Pokemon games thanks to EXP Share and a huge collection of good Pokemon, but the real meat of the games are post-game trading/battling anyway.

Can Magician be used to collect items from wild Pokemon?

I noticed that my Shiny Braixan ( named Kreayshawn!) has it. Been meaning to get some lucky eggs.

You could, but why would you when you can use Compound Eyes Pokemon fainted in front, and a Pokemon with Thief and the ability Frisk second? I mean sure, you'd be doing it in style, but have fun stealing a bunch of Lucky Punches from Chansey. :p

Holy crud, you can search within parameters in your boxes!?
This was probably in other gens, but it's useful to me now since my boxes are a mess.

Fairly certain it was in previous gens but more limited, it's crazy how much better the search is.

zoukka

More like every cover legendary in recent times are easy to catch (have a higher catch rate) because they're mandatory.

Makes sense.

Where do I find the TM's Subsitute and Swagger btw? I remember an NPC that hands out them in some town, I've done the TM quiz'es.

Inotti

Does anyone want perfect larvesta (male, lvl 1, timid, flame body, 31,x,31,31,31,31)? I bred two of these and only need one. :)
I would like to have a sturdy carbink if that's possible. If you don't have carbink I would also be willing to trade for other breeding rejects with 3-5 perfect IV's. Basically I would trade this for anything since I just don't need it and don't want to release it. :p

MegaMelon

Does anyone want perfect larvesta (male, lvl 1, timid, flame body, 31,x,31,31,31,31)? I bred two of these and only need one. :)
I would like to have a sturdy carbink if that's possible. If you don't have carbink I would also be willing to trade for other breeding rejects with 3-5 perfect IV's. Basically I would trade this for anything since I just don't need it and don't want to release it. :p

Yes please! :)

Firestorm

Okay, why the HELL is there no match making for 6v6? Friends and passerby's constantly reject battles. Either that or they don't respond at all, which is twice as annoying.

Edit: Why are people even online if they don't want to battle? :/
To use O-Powers / Trade with friends or battles? Honestly I reject all battles now because they're usually 6v6 that may or may not have shit like Yveltal and Mewtwo. I'd rather just finish training my team and hit up the ladder.

Inotti

I'm kinda afraid to ask but when you breed genderless pokemon like carbink are the pokeballs inherited or is it going to be in regular ball by default?

NEO0MJ

I'm kinda afraid to ask but when you breed genderless pokemon like carbink are the pokeballs inherited or is it going to be in regular ball by default?

Based on what I know I think they go in regular pokeballs, though I never tried it yet.

Speaking of, I was Hunting Metang in the safari and it just occurred to me how it got a huge nerf this gen with Steel types losing their resistance to ghost and dark type moves.

ZenaxPure

To use O-Powers / Trade with friends or battles? Honestly I reject all battles now because they're usually 6v6 that may or may not have shit like Yveltal and Mewtwo. I'd rather just finish training my team and hit up the ladder.

Aside from trading with friends there is also wonder trading and the GTS as well. Plenty of reasons to go online other than to fight random passerbys. I reject pretty much all of them as well, not interested in fighting singles, especially when 90% of the time their team will be legendaries and starters, borrrrringgggg.

NEO0MJ

What are some good spacial walls? My team has Noivern, Mega Pinsir and Avalugg right now. I know there's Blissey, Vaporeon and Tentacruel but any other options? There's Dragalge but I'm afraid of putting two dragons on my team.

Is there a way to check ability on the GTS?

Nope, you're pretty much gambling on what the trader says they're offering.

Top Bottom