• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Zero173

20th StreetPass, 1 heart.

So that's:
1 - 1 Jewel
5 - 1 Heart
10 - 1 Heart
20 - 1 Heart

In addition to this, there's actually different prizes for passing the same person multiple times in a row. For example my friend and I received 3 hearts after the 3rd time in a row.

Edit: 5 times in a row, not 3

daydream

Banned
So, this is the trainwreck we all expected it to be, is it?

I haven't had the chance to try, yet, but will do so tomorrow.

Chastten

Banned
So... tried it out today. The game itself is quite fun but has exactly the kind of microtransactions I really don't want in my games. Probably won't play it for a very long time because of this, but hey, it was free, so no harm done.

Ok seriously fuck Mega Mawile

They should just throw the game on iOS and be done with it. It's about the money, not adding desirable content to a console's game library.

I'm pretty sure it's to entice devs to port over their own F2P games on the 3DS in some way. PADZ was a great seller, and if this is also a success, that could happen. Didn't Iwata talk about this in the recent meeting?

RiggyRob

Do the Delay Disruptions last for the whole stage? I used one on Mega Altaria and it didn't disrupt anything for the entire battle, but the item's description isn't exactly clear.

One of the things that is slightly annoying me about this game is that it doesn't seem like our "heart cap" will ever go up. That, coupled with no "account level" that many other games of this type employ (often giving you full "energy" or hearts when you level up) means that you really can't play for any extended period of time without having to wait after roughly the same amount of plays.

Back when I played Brave frontier I could get in there for a little longer than usual thanks to leveling up at the right time and refilling my energy. Nothing of that sort is present here. :|

Is this what Candy crush is like? I have never played that one, so maybe they're adhering to that school of design instead.

Candy Crush has a cap on lives yeah. I mean, it's possible to have more than 5 lives if people give you lives over FB and stuff (just like how it's possible in this game, too), but at 5 or more lives, the countdown is inactivated.

But in Candy Crush you only lose lives if you fail to complete a stage. Which means you can keep advancing for as long as you want, without paying, as long as you don't die. Whereas here, that's not possible. u__u

Robin64

It is fun. I'm actually sad when I run out of hearts, but happy I can play again soon. And all without spending a dime!

aka_bueno

It is fun. I'm actually sad when I run out of hearts, but happy I can play again soon. And all without spending a dime!

Not at all. It's perfectly playable for 10-20 minutes at a time without spending a penny. Perfect to have on a handheld, IMO.

I get the 5 heart limit backlash for the game, but I think that also speaks to the game's addicting nature that people want more of it. The game is actually pretty generous with the gems, you get a gem like what every 10 battles (against the Megas) or something right? I've probably received like 10+ gems already for free.

Anywho, I was kinda embarrassed to see that I have about 10 hours logged into this game already, and I haven't spent a single penny on it. I'm sure enjoying it in smaller bites. Keeps me coming back for more!

Also, there's some nice challenge to this game, some Megas are pretty tricky and the Expert stages are hard as hell. Gonna need the right (and leveled up) team for those time based EX stages.

Korosenai

I've been playing and enjoying this game a lot, and I know nothing about battle trozei. Would I like trozei if I like this game?

I've been playing and enjoying this game a lot, and I know nothing about battle trozei. Would I like trozei if I like this game?
It is a bit more like the extra timed stages in this game and more of an action puzzle game overall. That is one thing this series is good at is while everyone looks at the surface and goes they're the same all three entries play very differently (the first entry on DS is more like Yoshi's Cookie in that you move entire rows/columns).

It suffers a bit from weird unlock conditions not told to use and kind of repetitive (the skill ceiling is pretty low so you can keep chains going for way too long and it is easy to get burned out by going for 50-60 chain when you only really need 20 chains)

Spades

My stats so far:

jrkpvlH.jpg

Also haven't spent any real money on the game yet.

Mr-Joker

Banned

This how it goes for me

5 hearts, "I love this game it's not so ba-" *Pokémon breaks out of the ball at a high chance*
4 hearts, "let try this a little differently" *Pokémon breaks out of the ball at a high chance*
3 Hearts "Stop being stupid and get in the damn Pokéball *Pokémon breaks out of the ball at a high chance*
2 Hearts "Holy hell I am gonna burn up my hearts over this critter. *Pokémon breaks out of the ball at a high chance* "Fuuuuuuuu!"
1 Hearts "Just watch it go in" *Pokémon get captured*

"Whoo finally! But at what cost?" ;_;

Then I go in a corner and cry. ;_;

I'm in the rock and hard place of getting wrecked by Mega Lopunny & thinking that wasting hearts going after Lucario is going to somehow ultimately going to solve the problem.

On the upside I caught Mew 1st try earlier on 26% so there's that RNJesus for you!

This how it goes for me

5 hearts, "I love this game it's not so ba-" *Pokémon breaks out of the ball at a high chance*
4 hearts, "let try this a little differently" *Pokémon breaks out of the ball at a high chance*
3 Hearts "Stop being stupid and get in the damn Pokéball *Pokémon breaks out of the ball at a high chance*
2 Hearts "Holy hell I am gonna burn up my hearts over this critter. *Pokémon breaks out of the ball at a high chance* "Fuuuuuuuu!"
1 Hearts "Just watch it go in" *Pokémon get captured*

"Whoo finally! But at what cost?" ;_;

Then I go in a corner and cry. ;_;

So far I'm not going back to catch Pokemon unless I'm severely lacking its type. I'll just come back when my team is stronger and hopefully wreck it. :p

I think Joe's gonna be the only one who ends up spending anything on this!

Something I might've paid a (very) small amount for would've been a Time Attack mode.
Continuous 3/5/10 minute high score modes would've been nice as I find this really relaxing to play.
The very short 'win in 5 turns' levels are the worst.

aka_bueno

It's way closer to Candy Crush than to PazuDora.

What the, unless it fundamentally changed since I played Candy Crush that first year it released, it's not much at all like Candy Crush other than the fact that you match 3. I could very well be wrong, but I don't remember Candy Crush having a battle mechanic where you collect and level up monsters and pit a team of them with type/elemental advantages/disadvantages against a foe.

This is much, much more basically a PAD clone, it's like Puzzle & Dragons Lite basically. All the same gameplay mechanics, only toned down a bit (combat isn't as involved without "pushing" other unites around like in PAD and you can't combine monsters to evolve them like in PAD.) What I do like about this compared to PAD though, are the different battle modes (regular stages and EX stages.)

zroid

Banned
Just rekt Axew. Its disruption in the beginning set it up so I could line up 4 Axew panels on my first turn, which is itself super effective thanks to dragon-dragon weakness, and then that triggered a nice long chain of other super effective matches. >:D

I got its base catch rate of 30% to go up to 87% hehe

Just rekt Axew. Its disruption in the beginning set it up so I could line up 4 Axew panels on my first turn, which is itself super effective thanks to dragon-dragon weakness, and then that triggered a nice long chain of other super effective matches. >:D

I got its base catch rate of 30% to go up to 87% hehe

The same thing happened with Dratini for me.

adroit

I'm impressively bad at stage 62 (Gastly). And I don't mean "bad" in a good way. I mean awful. I'm going to need a lucky chain reaction and that hasn't happened yet.

Edit: I can clear the stage. But not with enough leftover moves to capture the gas bag. One of these days.

Edit: Finally got the little 'monster.

BooJoh

Is there a formula for how much base power increases with respect to level?

Here are my observations so far. I don't have a 40 or 60 at level 6 to confirm that value but my Audino is at 62 at level 6. The pattern seems to be along these lines:

Base Attack Power 40/50/60

Level 2: +3
Level 3: +3
Level 4: +2
Level 5: +2
Level 6: +2

Result is a net gain of 10 Attack Power by level 5.

The exception to this comes with base Attack Power 30, which gains 5 AP from hitting level 2. I don't have any of these higher than level 2.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well I'll be damned. Captured Charizard with a 1% chance.

Edit: Stuck on Mega Mawile. Any stages that'd be good for leveling up Lucario, Charizard, & Combusken? Perhaps just play on stages involving Ice, Grass, & Steel Pokemon?

zroid

Banned
Ice Rotom's ability boosts same type mega meter. Guessing all the Rotoms do that for their respective types.

random25

After 108 stages cleared I only have 63 pokemons captured lol. Only used Great Ball twice, gem once in a tutorial and has yet to use a power up. Haven't spend real-life money, fortunately.

Loptous

Had a 64-long combo yesterday.
It was amazing. \o/
Now I'm sad this doesn't add up to the catchability.

Mega Mawile took me two tries and I had 0 moves left on the second try. It's the only mon I lost again in normal mode so far.

Kouriozan

Rotom was surprisingly easy, caught it first try at about 50% too.
Slowly reaching stage 120 too, once I'm done, I'll catch all missing Pokémon then move on to EX stages.

I have come to terms with needing to spend coins on the bosses after 20 matches on Mega Mawile (half spent on catching different Pokemon to fight it) trying.

I wonder at what point will I need to use the Jem for five extra turns at the end on top of the ones from the beginning?

enoki

I caught Mew on the first try with 0 moves remaining (10%). RNG seems a bit varied against
what's displayed so far.

Super fun, aside from pay to wait.

So is there anyway to cash in coins for gems? I've let my stack of coins pile up to about 12k and thought I read somewhere that you could cash these in for gems.

Top Bottom