• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

SalvaPot

This game is too much fun to be free, and I like you can just keep playing every few hours without having to spend money, this is a fun little diversion, I feel it won´t be as fun If I had paid for it and play it all in one sitting, as I usually do, makes you value the few trys you have.

BooJoh

Play Coins could have done something, but no limit on what that is would be dangerous. There's a browser exploit floating around that allows you to get as many Play Coins as you want.

They still use them in Steel Diver, and even loosened the restrictions on free players after tightening them in a previous patch. Different devs though. I wish they would use a more friendly and honest f2p model though, which gives you some fun for free but actual value in paying for something. This model essentially limits what you can do artificially so that you're paying for the game as a service basically and have nothing to really show for the money you spend. I really do think it all comes down to them needing to give people who will never spend a dime on this game the option of paying $10 for infinite hearts and then watch the money pour in from those of us who like the game but hate the f2p model it uses, meanwhile whales can still pay real money to increase their coins.

Yeah, like I've said before: this game has no production value. I get that it's a free to play game, but man the presentation is lazy. The top screen battle monsters are just flat 2D head shot images of monsters that get bouncy stretched to signify movement heh.

Having the battles at least resemble a traditional Pokemon battle on the top screen, even if not as advanced as the mainline 3DS Pokemon titles, would have at least been fun to watch unfold. If that's too much then at least give the top screen Pokemon have some more movement to them, anything to get rid of how static everything is.

It's weird because Denpa Men, which is also developed by Genius Sonority, is pretty lively if a bit on the simple side. But Shuffle and Trozei both feel like they just threw some Pokemon paint on something else.

Anywho, game is still fun and addictive! I'll be playing this for a while if they keep adding content to it. But did this make anyone else just want Puzzle and Dragons Z and Super Mario Edition that much more?

I was and still am on the fence for P&D. The Mario version looks very tempting though. I've played a bit of P&D on iOS and it got kind of confusing fast. Hopefully the console versions don't have that issue. Shuffle definitely makes me want to give it another chance though.

Depending on the game we're probably talking more about a few minutes then seconds (Have you tried switching games from SSB4? It's a good minute or so). At the risk of sounding impatient, this isn't the best environment for these quick burst F2P games. That's saying nothing of the difference between having a 3DSXL somewhere on my person versus just having a phone in my pocket. I'm not saying the game is unplayable by any stretch. I'm not saying the 3DS is bad for playing a game on the go, or that the load times are too long in other situations. I was just agreeing with Ally of Justice that F2P games like this are much more convenient on a smartphone.

If they released this particular game on smartphones, which probably won't happen, I'd choose that version over the 3DS version any day of the week.

First, I'm guessing you're using a regular 3DS and not a n3DS. SSB closes like any other game on n3DS, but I've been juggling this with MH4U and that's not exactly the type of game you can just mash B til you're at the title screen and then hit the home button. It's easy enough to save in MH4U but you really don't want to quit mid-session, compared to if the system had multitasking and you could just switch over.

However, I don't think I'd want to play Shuffle with my finger, particularly on the EX stages. I like using a stylus for these type of games.

Macka

Are Pokemon with type advantages on the stage always better than higher leveled Pokemon? Just reached Mega Slowbro and 'optimize' wants me to use my level 1 dark/bug types, as opposed to my level 3-4 mons.

bjork

I've been fiddling with this, I'm not very far in. I think I caught Sableye last. But I had a question: aside from a damage increase, is there any incentive to leveling specific characters? I have a couple of dudes that hit for 53, but then I caught Klefki and he does 60 right off the bat. Should I be grinding out levels I already beat so I can have stronger characters for specific types, or is is better to just keep plugging away at new stages and picking the characters with type advantages?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Are Pokemon with type advantages on the stage always better than higher leveled Pokemon? Just reached Mega Slowbro and 'optimize' wants me to use my level 1 dark/bug types, as opposed to my level 3-4 mons.
Yes, levels don't give a big enough boost to offset type advantages.

Kouriozan

Had to use disrupt delay and moves +5 again to beat Mega Gengar again.
But I'm glad I found that you can beat Mew once per day to get 1000 coins, it helps a lot.

Still stuck at mega mawile ;_;
Even went through the trouble of getting Charizard, and with a team of Lucario/Combusken/Charizard/Charmeleon, yet still nothing.

Macka

Up to stage 50. I'm annoyed that you no longer get a jewel every ten stages, seems to have changed to every fifteen now. I'll never get to 12. ;-;

I'm up to stage 59 with everything caught and S ranked but this fucking Ivysaur is killing me.
To S rank it I have to beat the stage in a single move and I just can't see how it's possible, even with a team full of Level 5 'mons.

EDIT: Damn so we could've farmed Mew for 21,000 coins if we'd known from the start? Annoying, but I'll start now :D

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh god, FINALLY completed Stage 90 last night, gave in & used a jewel, which allowed me to clear it on the next move.

Now to wait & see when I'll hit the next wall.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I have officially joined the "Stuck at Mega Mawile" club.
Seriously. I had a Lv. 6 mega Pokemon + Lv. 4 Lucario, Charizard, & Combusken, and it was still a damn challenge. So glad to no longer deal with that stage again.

daydream

Banned
So, I just got to the point where I unlocked the option to "Check In" which gave me access to the Mew and Daily Pokemon stages. The latter event ends tomorrow which means I probably missed a bunch of exclusives? Hm, it says 'The Daily Pokemon #1' so maybe I can still get them. This timer, though..

Draxal

So, I just got to the point where I unlocked the option to "Check In" which gave me access to the Mew and Daily Pokemon stages. The latter event ends tomorrow which means I probably missed a bunch of exclusives? Hm, it says 'The Daily Pokemon #1' so maybe I can still get them. This timer, though..

You only missed the one rotom, who'm I'm pretty sure is going to be available next monday.

edit. from the first post.

A Rotom a Day! - February 23 - March 21, Weekdays
Challenge Rotom in the Daily Pokémon (#1) daily challenge, available between 06:00 UTC on Mondays and 05:59 UTC on Saturdays, from February 23 until March 21, 2015. In this stage, Frost Rotom, Heat Rotom, Wash Rotom, Mow Rotom, and Fan Rotom each appear on different days. If you are victorious in your battles against them, you will have a chance to catch these Pokémon. There is no limit to how many times you can attempt this stage.

-Monday, starting at 06:00 UTC: Frost Rotom
-Tuesday, starting at 06:00 UTC: Heat Rotom
-Wednesday, starting at 06:00 UTC: Wash Rotom
-Thursday, starting at 06:00 UTC: Mow Rotom
-Friday, starting at 06:00 UTC: Fan Rotom

OmegaX

This note on the official site makes me nervous

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/important-issue-in-pokemon-shuffle/

Hoping they mean patch
I'm pretty sure they are referring to the 1.0.2 patch that we already got because they mention we'll get a free jewel with it. I guess the only way to update the game is using the check-in button so the eShop version is still at 1.0.0.
I wonder why they haven't been uploading patches to the eShop until now. It can't be because the game is F2P because Steel diver is F2P too, and it has received many updates on the eShop.

JoeM86

I'm pretty sure they are referring to the 1.0.2 patch that we already got because they mention we'll get a free jewel with it. I guess the only way to update the game is using the check-in button so the eShop version is still at 1.0.0.

Hope so. Just fear it'll be an update to the game in general to add more Pokémon.

Dreavus

First, I'm guessing you're using a regular 3DS and not a n3DS. SSB closes like any other game on n3DS, but I've been juggling this with MH4U and that's not exactly the type of game you can just mash B til you're at the title screen and then hit the home button. It's easy enough to save in MH4U but you really don't want to quit mid-session, compared to if the system had multitasking and you could just switch over.

However, I don't think I'd want to play Shuffle with my finger, particularly on the EX stages. I like using a stylus for these type of games.

Yes, I'm using the regular one. Yet another point in favour of upgrading to a n3DS...

To be clear I am still playing this game when I can, my arguments notwithstanding! Although I just reached Mega Mawile and got destroyed so I think I'm going to be backing it up to catch the ones I missed.

Loptous

Reached Mega Glalie.
Will try once I get my 5 moves back and see if it's as hard as people say.

Also, I'm 7 hours in so far with nothing bought / no gem used, and have cleared 120 stages with 105 mons captured.

I feel like the catch rate and catchability are actually pretty reasonable, but it just might be dumb luck.

Top Bottom