• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Sun & Moon First Japanese Ad

Beautiful, heartwarming ad. As a father of 2 young kids, and as someone who moved a lot as a kid (21 times by the time I left for college), this ad touched me in a meaningful way. I understand being the new kid in a wholely unfamiliar place with no friends, and as a dad, I know how touching it can be to see my kids make new friends through common bonds.

A+ ad, Nintendo and Pokémon Company. You win the internet today.

So I'm curious, does anyone know the translation for the text that the camera focused on?

But yes, this ad is brilliant. Its good for appealing to nostalgia for those who've had the experience shown, but also to parents who are the ones going to buy the game for their kids.

L.O.R.D

No they're not. Even though they're almost identical in content and released simultaneously worldwide they're still region locked, which makes it all the more mind boggling.

you can put the the jp pokemon game on US system and it will show up
but it wont launch because they included a JP update files that's prevent them to check up for the system.

so technically,Pokemon games are the only free region games on the 3DS, they have the save file size.
also you can chose JP language in the US game.

Kouriozan

It was amazing, hope to see more of this.
I remember the teaser about Sun and Moon saying connect in different languages too, I wonder if this'll be the theme of the game.

This is how I envision my own move to the US to be next year!

That said...I saw a freaking red arrow on one of those text boxes! Does that mean I'm going to have to keep pressing buttons needlessly just to scroll text again? Bloody hell.

Coffinhal

Generic ad with lame cinematography. It's also 1min too long, lots of useless shots.

Heartwarming, what have I read on this thread

dude

dude
Awesome Ad.
I don't play Pokemon games today, but I was a HUGE fan as a kid. I remember I was rather socially awkward as a kid, but I made like 5 random friends the day I went to see the Pokemon movie. Pokemon was so big it was something I could use to connect to other people. That ad hit really close to home.

Eradicate

Generic ad with lame cinematography. It's also 1min too long, lots of useless shots.

Oh yeah? Take that!

qS6ebLo.gif

(Nice ad! Like thestopsign, I don't have audio available either and it did a good job! Thanks for sharing!

entremet

No they're not. Even though they're almost identical in content and released simultaneously worldwide they're still region locked, which makes it all the more mind boggling.

That's on Nintendo, not the TPC.

Pokemon games have been region free up until Gen V.

zeioIIDX

Definitely a sweet ad. Like tons of people, I made friends by playing Pokemon Red/Blue back in the day as a 5th grader during summer camp before the start of 6th grade. It's the reason I got a Game Boy Color. It was like...once I had the game, I was "in" and part of something fun and big, no matter how corny that sounds. I remember going to the Pokemon League at Toys R Us to play the card game and meeting people there too. Can't believe I'm 29 years old now with a 7 year old daughter and still excited for a new Pokemon game lol.

Mr-Joker

Banned
I like that trailer more that one we god, which makes me wonder why they didn't use that worldwide?

That's on Nintendo, not the TPC.

Pokemon games have been region free up until Gen V.

Technically Gen 5 was only region free just as long you played it on a DS/lite, it was region locked on the DSi

RomanceDawn

Not going to lie, that actually made me tear up a little.

Spongebob just made a commercial with all the points that you told him not to. You, Squidward, have an educated approach to the art that is film making yet when your commercial airs its slammed by all who witness it.

Either you are relatively new in film school and know how a commercial like this should be done down to a science or you are jaded because your commercials haven't been picked up by a production house yet.

If you've got a commercial in your portfolio that could give me feels like this I want to see it!

Top Bottom