• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Sun & Moon First Japanese Ad

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
E88XvQX.jpg

The sign in the background says "Unattended children will be sold as slaves".

This game just got dark.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Generic ad with lame cinematography. It's also 1min too long, lots of useless shots.

Heartwarming, what have I read on this thread

The advert showed gameplay footage, the product itself and highlights how Pokémon can bring people together even if they don't speak the same language.

The advert did a great job.

Eradicate

Is it bad that I find the boy's mother to be hot? :|

9Pv3Ess.gif

(Enjoy!)

I just realized, they got rid of those stupid circles. Thank goodness.

It looks like it, so hopefully!

Oh cool, we can see the trainers in battle. Didn't notice that until now.

Hopefully this too!

E88XvQX.jpg

This game just got dark.

LOL!!! They will be raised as trainers!

MajorMane

E88XvQX.jpg

This game just got dark.

Before anyone goes and starts speculating based off of this, it's a joke. Lots of stores have signs like this.

More on topic, loved this trailer a lot. Seems to be a direction they're trying to head in with marketing. Remind the old people of the nostalgia of playing with their friends. Show the new kids how much fun it can be to play with your friends.

Eradicate

Ha ha awesome.

Glad you like it! May it come in handy in the future!

More on topic, loved this trailer a lot. Seems to be a direction they're trying to head in with marketing. Remind the old people of the nostalgia of playing with their friends. Show the new kids how much fun it can be to play with your friends.

I'm liking their new ads a lot, especially since the Super Bowl. (I'm not sure if they were in this sort of style before that point.) It's a great way to show that this is a legacy brand that is important. Nintendo ought to do this with exposing their IPs! (I don't know if they use the same marketing/PR groups or anything like that with TPC, but I have my doubts!)

QImtEMU.gif

SalvaPot

This ad pretty much captured my experience with pokémon, so many friends I made thanks to our shared passion to it.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I love this ad.

I didn't know DS resolution was that bad but the ad is sweet

3DS top screen is 240x400 in 2D mode. I think one of the biggest tech hopes and expectations for the next Nintendo handheld is a better screen. If you check out the 3DS emulation thread, it shows how much increased resolution benefits its games.

Meesh

Now that's a great Pokémon ad, scratch that, a great game add period!

Kid moves abroad bringing his love of Pokémon with him, not sure if he has much in common with his new classmates... until the launch of a new Pokémon! Let new friendships begin...

The basic theme's really one most of us can identify with in our early years. Heart warming and yeah, mushy. Lol

Made me miss living in Hawaii more than anything. Also the dichotomy between Japan getting this heartfelt spot with a chunk of extra footage while America gets "Here are the new starters. Go away."

Really did make me feel warm and fuzzy inside. Reminded me of when I went to go and pick up Pokemon Sapphire with my mum almost 14 years ago

javac

I didn't expect to get teary over this but I did. 20 years of bring people together.

This is why Pokemon is on portables!

I didn't expect to get teary over this but I did. 20 years of bring people together.

This is why Pokemon is on portables!

Lol I agree, but funnily enough this looks like the most portable game yet. The whole aesthetic could easily translate to a console, complete with a decent resolution

Good to see Nintendo fighting the good fight though. Online gaming is one of the things I've hated the most about the last two generations

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Before anyone goes and starts speculating based off of this, it's a joke. Lots of stores have signs like this.

Oh, I legitimately thought this ad depicted a dystopian future where companies are legally permitted to enslave the populace.

That said...I saw a freaking red arrow on one of those text boxes! Does that mean I'm going to have to keep pressing buttons needlessly just to scroll text again? Bloody hell.

What a weird complaint.

Anyway, this ad legitimately made me tear up. I know how it feels to connect to people through Pokémon.

hirokazu

you can put the the jp pokemon game on US system and it will show up
but it wont launch because they included a JP update files that's prevent them to check up for the system.

so technically,Pokemon games are the only free region games on the 3DS, they have the save file size.
also you can chose JP language in the US game.
And...? A game that can't be played on a different region system despite being identical apart from a region flag in the code is still region locked.

That's on Nintendo, not the TPC.

Pokemon games have been region free up until Gen V.
I never stated it was TPC's fault, but how is that relevant?

I gotta laugh because all I can think about is how Nintendo had to get a bunch of kids to act like they were buying pokemon that they can't get for half a year still...

tauroxd

Considering they are the overworld models (I think?) all trainers should show up in battle, shouldn't they?

Well yes, but in XY and ORAS you get to see the model of your rival before sending the pokéballs out, but it I remember that right it only happens with the rivals and nobody else.

Top Bottom