• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X and Y Leaks, Releases Early

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ghost/Psychic?

x4 weaknesses to both Dark and Ghost.
I don't think Gengar needs that. Lol.

EDIT: Abomasnow huh? Any stats or properties shown?

Wilsongt

YIKj0OC.jpg

Bitch betta werk that leg.

Toxi

Banned
PLEASE YES. His 4x weakness to BOTH fighting and ground sucks.
...Wait, what? What type is Mega Abomasnow?

Also, Abomasnow will probably be the worst Mega. No way a Hail team is going to sacrifice Hail support.

EDIT: HOLY SHIT IT STILL HAS SNOW WARNING YES YES YES HAIL BUFF INCOMING

clemenx

Banned
I really like the Mega-Evo concept but I thought it was not going to be this prominent :/ Now that it has come to my realization that the design of new Pokemon took the back seat in favor of designing Mega forms I'm a bit angry. I was hoping this game to be closer to Gen V in terms of new Pokemon. Don't get why they're targeting so heavily the nostalgia crowd.

Oh well. Still guaranteed to play at least 500 hours of this game, lol.

I really like the Mega-Evo concept but I thought it was not going to be this prominent :/ Now that it has come to my realization that the design of new Pokemon took the back seat in favor of designing Mega forms I'm a bit angry. I was hoping this game to be closer to Gen V in terms of new Pokemon. Don't get why they're targeting so heavily the nostalgia crowd.

It seems like GF is trying to rebalance everything first and foremost, and have decided to do so in the form of Mega Evolutions. So naturally the "other" new Pokemon are probably taking a back seat in priority due to all the tweaks being implemented. It's not the ideal situation for a new gen of Pokemon, but I'm still glad to see such an apparently big commitment to balancing the games out some more.

Mr-Joker

Banned

Agreed, I am not a huge fan of Mega Evolution and can't see myself using them at all.

Would rather have new evolution.

Same here.

Did a few calcs on what Mega Abomasnow's base Speed could be at 0 EV:

Lowest Possible [+nature, 31 IV, 0 EV] = 20
Highest Possible [-nature, 0 IV, 0 EV] = 45

Looks like it's set for Trick Room teams.

ALM5252

The next best thing I can think of is if they do a Z version, or an X2 Y2 version (like math :p) and more Kalos Pokemon while making a big free update to the older X and Y games to make them all compatible.

As a work around, with the newer Z, X2 or Y2, they can make the new Kalos Pokemon that appear in those games not possible to be caught in the older ones unless it is through a new evolution or trading between them. That would be cool and a great idea on making newer Pokemon without making a new "generation".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom