• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X and Y Leaks, Releases Early

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takuan

Really diggin the Froakie line, so I did up a little painting of Greninja.

Ninja frog!!!

oul7.jpg

...I need this game NOW!
Deserves another quote. Great job, Pokebro.

k91191

His math was wrong. If we're following that guy, then we've already exhausted all but 2 non-legendary Pokemon. Not happening.

Plus there's bound to be some more new Pokemon in the Mountain dex. So far the only new ones are

Goomy
Sliggoo
Sliggoo evolution
Klefki
Phantump
Orotto
Pumpkaboo
Gorgeist

Obviously a lot of the designs this gen are really silly, but I just can't help but love the ridiculousness. Everything is so off-the-wall that you can't even argue about what "makes sense as a Pokemon" or anything like that. I'm just enjoying the insanity.

In other news, Raichu confirmed to not gain Fairy typing.

Redid the math. If we go by non-Gen IV gens then yes, 70 is an excellent guess, *including* legendaries, if Xerneas is 715/716. Excluding the event legendaries the best we could hope for, even with Gen IV taken into account, is like 73, 74.

...Doubt it.

Ultimadrago

It's not mean-hearted. It's self-centered and idiotic.

I like something that you don't so I must be lying to myself and forcing myself to like it? Seriously?

Well, going straight for the defensive doesn't help that argument. "Some" doesn't mean everyone. If you would stop to think for a second, it doesn't boil down to the simplistically self-centered (ironically) argument you laid out. It's how certain responses come off. The knee-jerk defense will get you nowhere.

so we only have one new Eevee evo?

It seems so. I don't mind too much though.

Regiruler

1. Chespin
2. Quilladin
3. Chesnaught
4. Fennekin
5. Braixen
6. Delphox
7. Froakie
8. Frogadier
9. Greninja
10. Bunnelby
11. Diggersby
12. Fletchling
13. Fletchinder
14. Talonflame
15. Scatterbug
16. Spewpa
17. Vivillon
18. Litleo
19. Pyroar
20. Flabébé
21. Floette
22. Third Evo
23. Skiddo
24. Gogoat
25. Pancham
26. Pangoro
27. Furfrou
28. Espurr
29. Meowstic
30. Honedge
31. Doublade
32. third evo
33. Spritzee
34. Aromatisse
35. Swirlix
36. Slurpuff
37. Inkay
38. Malimar
39. Binacle
40. Barbaracle
41. Skrelp
42. Skrelp evo
43. Clauncher
44. Clauncher evo
45. Helioptile
46. Heliolisk
47. Tyrunt
48. Tyrantrum
49. Amaura
50. Aurorus
51. Sylveon
52. Hawlucha
53. Dedenne
54. Carbink
55. Goomy
56. Sliggoo
57. Third evo
58. Klefki
59. Noivern
60. Xerneas
61. Yveltal
62. Orotto
63. Pumpkaboo
Carbink is a single stage?

UberTag

1. Chespin
2. Quilladin
3. Chesnaught
4. Fennekin
5. Braixen
6. Delphox
7. Froakie
8. Frogadier
9. Greninja
10. Bunnelby
11. Diggersby
12. Fletchling
13. Fletchinder
14. Talonflame
15. Scatterbug
16. Spewpa
17. Vivillon
18. Litleo
19. Pyroar
20. Flabébé
21. Floette
22. Third Evo
23. Skiddo
24. Gogoat
25. Pancham
26. Pangoro
27. Furfrou
28. Espurr
29. Meowstic
30. Honedge
31. Doublade
32. third evo
33. Spritzee
34. Aromatisse
35. Swirlix
36. Slurpuff
37. Inkay
38. Malimar
39. Binacle
40. Barbaracle
41. Skrelp
42. Skrelp evo
43. Clauncher
44. Clauncher evo
45. Helioptile
46. Heliolisk
47. Tyrunt
48. Tyrantrum
49. Amaura
50. Aurorus
51. Sylveon
52. Hawlucha
53. Dedenne
54. Carbink
55. Goomy
56. Sliggoo
57. Third evo
58. Klefki
59. Noivern
60. Xerneas
61. Yveltal
62. Phantump
63. Orotto
64. Pumpkaboo
65. Second evo
Reformatting to organize all of the new guys by evolutionary line. Yay at hopefully getting more than 70 unless this game recycles old legendaries!

New Pokemon Roundup...

CENTRAL DEX

001. Chespin / 002. Quilladin / 003. Chesnaught
004. Fennekin / 005. Braizen / 006. Delphox
007. Froakie / 008. Frogadier / 009. Greninja
010. Bunnelby / 011. Diggersby
014. Fletchling / 015. Fletchinder / 016: Talonflame
020: Scatterbug / 021: Spewpa / 022: Vivillon
057: Litleo / 058: Pyroar
068: Flabébé / 069: Floette / 070: {Floette Evo}
089: Skiddo / 090: Gogoat
091: Pancham / 092: Pangoro
093: Furfrou
114: Espurr / 115: Meowstic
117: Honedge / 118: Doublade / 119: {Doublade Evo}
129: Spritzee / 130: Aromatisse (Y exclusive)
131: Swirlix / 132: Slurpuff (X exclusive)

TOTAL = 36 or 37 (15 or 16 evolutionary lines)

COASTAL DEX

010: Inkay / 011: Malamar
021: Binacle / 022: Barbaracle
030: Skrelp / 031: {Skrelp Evo} (Y exclusive)
032: Clauncher / 033: {Clauncher Evo} (X exclusive)
046: Helioptile / 047: Heliolisk
064: Tyrunt / 065: Tyrantrum
066: Amaura / 067: Aurorus
085: Sylveon
089: Hawlucha
110: Dedenne
124: Carbink

TOTAL = 18 minimum, 30 maximum (11 minimum evolutionary lines, 19 maximum evolutionary lines)

MOUNTAIN DEX (in early progress)

019: Goomy / 020: Sliggoo / 021: {Sliggoo Evo}
050: Klefki
061: Phantump / 062: {Orotto - Untranslated Name}
063: Pumpkaboo / 064: Gourgeist?
079: Bergmite / 080: {Bergmite Evo}

TOTAL = 10 minimum, ?? maximum (5 evolutionary lines thus far)

UNVEILED KALOS POKEMON STILL AWAITING DEX INCLUSION

* NEW *

Noivern
Xerneas (X exclusive)
Yveltal (Y exclusive)
Z Legendary

* OLD *

Druddigon
Joltik / Galvantula
Mewtwo
Snover / Abomasnow
Torchic / Combusken / Blaziken

NEW POKEMON THUS FAR = 68

Caladrius

I always thought 1st gen designs were the best overall. Maybe I'm just old school.

Every generation has a different design philosophy that distinguishes them from the others (except possibly Gen II due to how many pokemon were recycled from the development of red/blue). People are going to like some generations more than others.

I personally favor Gen IV, but this one is likely to be a close second.

ramyeon

Well, going straight for the defensive doesn't help that argument. "Some" doesn't mean everyone. If you would stop to think for a second, it doesn't boil down to the simplistically self-centered (ironically) argument you laid out. It's how certain responses come off. The knee-jerk defense will get you nowhere.
It's not about me. The "I" wasn't referring to myself necessarily, but anyone that likes a design that you don't. There's no knee jerk here. I don't like quite a few of the pokemon that others do, but I don't doubt that they genuinely like it.

k91191

MOUNTAIN DEX (in early progress)

019: Goomy / 020: Sliggoo / 021: {Sliggoo Evo}
050: Klefki
061: Phantump / 062: {Orotto - Untranslated Name}
063: Pumpkaboo / 064: Gourgeist

TOTAL = 8 minimum, ?? maximum (4 evolutionary lines thus far)

A NPC revealed the name.

Espada

Redid the math. If we go by non-Gen IV gens then yes, 70 is an excellent guess, *including* legendaries, if Xerneas is 715/716. Excluding the event legendaries the best we could hope for, even with Gen IV taken into account, is like 73, 74.

...Doubt it.

What's this bizarre math? Gen IV added 107 pokemon. 13 of those were legendaries (with 5 heavily involved in the story).
We're not going back to small number of legendaries. Those things are movie and event fodder for the coming years.

Dryk

Okay assuming I haven't messed it up, here's an up-to-date type combination chart

EDIT: Forgot to include the new typings from Mega Evolutions derp

Dr. Buni

Every generation has a different design philosophy that distinguishes them from the others (except possibly Gen II due to how many pokemon were recycled from the development of red/blue). People are going to like some generations more than others.

This pretty much. I personally love Gen III and VI designs because of tons of exotic Pokémon, with Gen II being my least favorite because the designs are too common/simple.

Those things are movie and event fodder for the coming years.

Mega Evolutions

What's this bizarre math? Gen IV added 107 pokemon. 13 of those were legendaries.
We're not going back to small number of legendaries. Those things are movie and event fodder for the coming years.
Go look at past Pokedex orderings. In the National Dex the cover legendaries are traditionally near the end. Gen IV had the highest number of non-event Pokemon after the cover legendaries, which is why I mentioned it.

So I'm skeptical because we'd have, like, no non-legendaries left.

LX_Theo

Banned
What's this bizarre math? Gen IV added 107 pokemon. 13 of those were legendaries (with 5 heavily involved in the story).
Not needed with mega evolutions on old legendaries

Espada

Mega Evolutions

Are not replacing legendaries as movie fodder. Please be realistic. We're getting at least 10 legendaries this generation, for sure. The mascot trio, a secondary trio, and a mew-like creature is already 7. It's really silly to expect them to make a Mega-starter movie when you have Xerneas and Yveltal (along with their unrevealed trio bro) sitting right there. At best they'll be cameos in movies about the Gen VI legendaries.

Dr. Buni

Are not replacing legendaries as movie fodder. Please be realistic. We're getting at least 10 legendaries this generation, for sure. The mascot trio, a secondary trio, and a mew-like creature is already 7.

The only realistic thing, to me, is to not be sure about anything before it is actually revealed or leaked.

What if this Gen is going to be really short? For all we know Gen VI could just be X and Y and then the next Pokemon games could be Gen VII in two years.

Fey

Banned
What we need is more Poison type Pokemon, especially pure poison types. And ESPECIALLY now that they can be useful against Fairy types.

Besides Skrelp, have any new Poison Pokemon been revealed?

LX_Theo

Banned
Are not replacing legendaries as movie fodder. Please be realistic. We're getting at least 10 legendaries this generation, for sure. The mascot trio, a secondary trio, and a mew-like creature is already 7.
They're already doing it with MewTwo, no?

UberTag

Are not replacing legendaries as movie fodder. Please be realistic. We're getting at least 10 legendaries this generation, for sure. The mascot trio, a secondary trio, and a mew-like creature is already 7. It's really silly to expect them to make a Mega-starter movie when you have Xerneas and Yveltal (along with their unrevealed trio bro) sitting right there. At best they'll be cameos in movies about the Gen VI legendaries.
We shouldn't be making assumptions on legendary inclusion based on last gen rules.
They can make movies out of Mega Evolutions. New legendary critters aren't required for that.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Revising my guess for ghost/grass evo to Spectroot.

Macka

We might get less legends this game because of Mega Evolutions. Instead of the legends being the stars of movies, now Mega Evolutions will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom