• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X and Y Leaks, Releases Early

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espada

We shouldn't be making assumptions on legendary inclusion based on last gen rules.
They can make movies out of Mega Evolutions. New legendary critters aren't required for that.

I'm making an assumption based on a precedent that goes all the way back to gen 1. For GameFreak legendaries are the preferred choice for pokemon movies, and I'm sure marketing has a hand in it as well. It's a great way to keep the community invested in the games and franchise.

ramyeon said:
The Mewtwo Y movie came out months ago.

I'd be shocked if they didn't have some legendaries to promote movies, or at leash new/event exclusive mega evolution stones.

Yup, drop a mega-evo in a Gen VI legendary movie and distribute the required stone with the movie's legendary. Two birds, one stone.

ivysaur12

Banned
"Doesn"t make any sense" is Gamefreak's middlename.

We only have 8 new Pokemon discovered in the Mountain Dex. Less than half of that Dex hasn't been found. Even if, what, 10 more of those Pokemon were new (unlikely based off of the Central and Coastal dexes)... It's not going to happen.

UberTag

UNVEILED KALOS POKEMON STILL AWAITING DEX INCLUSION

* OLD *

Druddigon
Joltik / Galvantula
Mewtwo
Snover / Abomasnow
Torchic / Combusken / Blaziken
Any additional past-gen Pokemon that have been confirmed for a Kalos regional dex that I've not counted above? (I'm not going to assume Mew is there just because Mewtwo is.)

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
I just realised that Goomy looks like Baron Von Blubba from the Bubble Bobble series. Immediate "Like" points for that.

EDIT: Also that chart above states that Mega Gengar is pure Ghost. Didn't people earlier say it was Ghost/Psychic?

Any additional past-gen Pokemon that have been confirmed for a Kalos regional dex that I've not counted above? (I'm not going to assume Mew is there just because Mewtwo is.)

surely if the Torchic line is in, the Mudkip and Treecko line must also be in? That's just an assumption on my part though.

New mon.

VedV1VR.jpg

hepBB7e.jpg

Room for one evolution.

Dr. Buni

Fennekin
Inkay
Pumpkaboo
Pancham
Froakie
Flabébé
Spritzee
Helioptile
Hawlucha
Goomy

Well I am quite satisfied with the Pokémon so far and I can build almost two teams with only Gen VI Pokémon. I'd like to have at least 90 new Pokémon in this new gen, but I would be fine with "about 70".

UberTag

surely if the Torchic line is in, the Mudkip and Treecko line must also be in? That's just an assumption on my part though.
I didn't make that assumption due to the leaked list of only one starter from Gens 2-5 getting a Mega Evolution.
It would stand to reason that if that list is correct we'll lose another 9 slots to Meganium, Empoleon and Emboar.

UberTag

MOUNTAIN DEX (in early progress)

019: Goomy / 020: Sliggoo / 021: {Sliggoo Evo}
050: Klefki
061: Phantump / 062: {Orotto - Untranslated Name}
063: Pumpkaboo / 064: Gourgeist?
079: Bergmite / 080: {Bergmite Evo}

NEW POKEMON THUS FAR = 68
Counting the Z Legendary which even "Mr. 70" was happening, we now stand at 68.

Unicorn

Fennekin
Inkay
Pumpkaboo
Pancham
Froakie
Flabébé
Spritzee
Helioptile
Hawlucha
Goomy

Well I am quite satisfied with the Pokémon so far and I can build almost two teams with only Gen VI Pokémon. I'd like to have at least 90 new Pokémon in this new gen, but I would be fine with "about 70".
These 70-odd new pokemon are a magnitude more appeal to me than all of gen5. I struggled to Maka to 6 in b/w. Here I the enough for 2 or 3 teams. Especially when adding in old pokemon to make so many teams.

Dr. Buni

These 70-odd new pokemon are a magnitude more appeal to me than all of gen5. I struggled to Maka to 6 in b/w. Here I the enough for 2 or 3 teams. Especially when adding in old pokemon to make so many teams.

Agreed. I loved the Gen V games, but it was so hard to build a team, because I didn't like most Pokémon (not even the starters). The last time I got so excited with Pokémon designs was in Gen III, ten years ago and I really missed that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom