• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X and Y Leaks, Releases Early

Status
Not open for further replies.

clemenx

Banned
Welp, can finally reveal it guys. I have been playing Pokemon Y all along!

*dramatic squirrel moment*

The thing I wanted to share earlier: there is a random person from Hoenn talking about his region. He said it's a nice region etc etc, but the final thing he said was very interesting:

"You will see it in due time"

Don't do this to us :(

Fey

Banned

The thing I wanted to share earlier: there is a random person from Hoenn talking about his region. He said it's a nice region etc etc, but the final thing he said was very interesting:

hyperventilates

Didn't you say there was still some significant features yet to be revealed? Also, where is your review?

ivysaur12

Banned

OH MY GOOOOOOD

Forkball

Oh boy. Water. IN 3D.

We already got all the legendaries in that game thanks to HGSS, though the Regi trio is hard to come by. Let's see how many Pokemon are missing from XY and that will pretty much confirm whether or not we are getting Hoenn remakes.

By any chance, do you know how many new Pokemon there are?

Clearly this is the start of a new Fire Emblem-esque Pokemon strategy game.

Hoenn is invading.

That NPC is probably talking about Gen III remakes due for next year guys.

I won't get hyped.
Yeah, that's what I gathered from it all as well.

I'm hyped. I'm ready to get into a helicopter and parachute into the ghetto. I am ready.

Hoenn was the worst region tho.
jay-z-pushes_south_african_girl.gif

A nice little snippet from the Kotaku semi-review/impressions article:

I've found myself having to consider the make-up of my team more than in previous Pokemon games, partially because of the balance, and partially because there are a lot of curious new type combinations. Ground-ghost Pokemon? Ground-Fairy Pokemon? Sure! There are many weird combinations to choose from, now, and some Pokemon can not only change type, some of their moves even have double typing. Neat.

We haven't seen those yet. Maybe they''ll be in that big empty bit in the Mountain Dex.

link.

Dawge pls

By my count, of confirmed types only (making an assumption on Orotto's type being the same as it's predecessor, no change for Diggersby/Floette as not confirmed):

1. Fairy: 11
  2. Normal: 8
  3. Grass: 8
  4. Water: 7
  5. Fire: 7
  6. Flying: 7
  7. Rock: 7
  8. Dark: 5
  9. Psychic: 5
  10. Dragon: 5
  11. Ghost: 5
  12. Fighting: 4
  13. Electric: 3
  14. Bug: 3
  15. Steel: 3
  16. Ice: 3
  17. Poison: 1
  18. Ground: 0

-30 Pokemon are pure types, 33 are dual-types

Your posts over the past few days made it pretty obvious you had the game.

God I hope we get Hoen remakes/sequels in the next year or two!

I know you are still on embargo for full information until the 12th, but is there anyway you could comment on the "only about 70 new Pokemon" thing?
By my count, of confirmed types only (making an assumption on Orotto's type being the same as it's predecessor, no change for Diggersby/Floette as not confirmed):

1. Fairy: 11
  2. Normal: 8
  3. Grass: 8
  4. Water: 7
  5. Fire: 7
  6. Flying: 7
  7. Rock: 7
  8. Dark: 5
  9. Psychic: 5
  10. Dragon: 5
  11. Ghost: 5
  12. Fighting: 4
  13. Electric: 3
  14. Bug: 3
  15. Steel: 3
  16. Ice: 3
  17. Poison: 1
  18. Ground: 0

-30 Pokemon are pure types, 33 are dual-types

Diggersby is Normal/Ground.

a RS remake will be weird, since RS Pokemon are transferable right up to X/Y

these will be the first remakes of games that can have Pokemon caught in the original version.

Ice type in general just sucks. And it doesn't look like they even tried to help it this gen.
But it kills Drago...*looks at Fairy type*. But anyway, Ice types have always been uncommon with the introduced 'mons so seeing it take so long to find one is not a surprise.

Then again what can be done to help the type, bring back 95% accuracy 30% freeze blizzard *shudders*, maybe table tweaks of adding super effective vs. water or something.

Way to use unlicensed fan art to shill the game, Polygon!
When that was the only thing you were told not to do.
Reminds me of when IGN did the same for a guide or something similar. It even had missingno in the art...

Your posts over the past few days made it pretty obvious you had the game.

God I hope we get Hoen remakes/sequels in the next year or two!

I know you are still on embargo for full information until the 12th, but is there anyway you could comment on the "only about 70 new Pokemon" thing?

Diggersby is Normal/Ground.

Is there an image of that?

Forkball

Have we even seen many Gen 3 pokemon in the dex so far?

There was Zigzagoon and I think a Lotad. They aren't totally nonexistent it seems. Not to mention DPP and HGSS had a ton of them, including the legendaries minus the Regis who were wifi events. I don't really see the demand for an RSE remake unlike in HGSS where we were missing a ton of legendary Pokemon and other Johto ones. But I suppose it's an easy cash in. I just hope they really revamp it by maybe changing the landscape, balancing the Pokemon types (water and grass Pokemon were EVERYWHERE) and getting rid of all that damn WATER WATER WATER

Kyzer

Banned
Hoenns music shits on Unovas.

Also you gotta remember back in the day it was a huge deal that the game became not NES level graphics. Its like people trying to go back and play FF7. Its just not the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom