• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X and Y Leaks, Releases Early

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caladrius

There was Zigzagoon and I think a Lotad. They aren't totally nonexistent it seems. Not to mention DPP and HGSS had a ton of them, including the legendaries minus the Regis who were wifi events. I don't really see the demand for an RSE remake unlike in HGSS where we were missing a ton of legendary Pokemon and other Johto ones. But I suppose it's an easy cash in. I just hope they really revamp it by maybe changing the landscape, balancing the Pokemon types (water and grass Pokemon were EVERYWHERE) and getting rid of all that damn WATER WATER WATER

I'm hoping it isn't a straight up remake like HGSS, just to mess with people. It'd be fun for it to be pretty straightforward up until the 3rd gym where it goes completely off the rails.

reviews kinda confirm the no post game thing, i'm not doubting the other guy anymore. he maybe counted a bit wrong or a few pokemon are hard to get if you don't know where to look / traded / will get added later.

not that bummed about no post game since i'm mostly burned out after beating top 4, collecting everything and catch a lot of mons.

Zelias

Banned
4RGVRv4.jpg
That pic makes me laugh every time I see it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
reviews kinda confirm the no post game thing, i'm not doubting the other guy anymore. he maybe counted a bit wrong or a few pokemon are hard to get if you don't know where to look / traded / will get added later.

not that bummed about no post game since i'm mostly burned out after beating top 4, collecting everything and catch a lot of mons.

Isn't it only one review?

Not that the other reviews have been that informative.

Forkball

Just think, we are like three or four years off from a possible Diamond/Pearl remake.

... DAY ONE

The lack of a post game is pretty worrying. When I beat BW I thought, "uh... where's the stuff to do?" HGSS had a metric ton of post game content that to completely ditch that is jarring. Looks like XY will be the same, with maybe a new route or two and a super cave with the Z legendary.

There could be some positives though. For one, if super training is all its cracked up to be, it will make training competitively a lot easier, so people who have never been into that aspect of the game can easily jump in. Also, the 3DS has much better online presence than the DS, so I could see a lot of Wifi events in the future to keep people coming back. Since the Pokebox is coming in December, I could see them releasing some occasional additional content to get people reinterested.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
might be the only one familiar with the franchises and i guess most reviewers are happy that they are done with the game once they beat top 4.

Kind of how I looked at it too, but it's hard to read too much into it seeing that I can't read italian. Does he mean small compared to the massive one in BW2? Or just almost none?

We already had one

Eh, there could be another one. We got two grass/ghost in one go in this gen alone.

Dr. Buni

Every first games in a generation have poor post-games, so I am not sure why people were expecting different this time around.

Berordn

W T F

You are on so many wrong teams that it hurts me deeply

He's right. Chespin's been nothing but a disappointment and while gen 3 added a ton of stuff, Hoenn was pretty boring. Emerald tried to fix it by just throwing double battles everywhere but it couldn't save it.

Sami+

Hoenn sucked ass, but hearing a remastered soundtrack would be neat I guess. If anything, it's the most in need of improving.

Dryk

*does not like Salamence* (along with a lot of other popular Gen III)

Hey so why does Charizard have
2 different mega evolutions
but the others don't?
Don't bother with the spoilers tags, this is thread where giant images of unrevealed Pokemon show up ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom