• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X & Y Overworld will not have 3D Effect

Isomac

This sucks. I always play with the 3D on. Eh, doesn't seem like I want to support this with full price. I'll wait when I find it cheaper. Also the 1 save slot per game is so stupid. I always fear that the save file is going to get corrupted. Let me save my files to the SD card!

Symphonic

This sucks. I always play with the 3D on. Eh, doesn't seem like I want to support this with full price. I'll wait when I find it cheaper. Also the 1 save slot per game is so stupid. I always fear that the save file is going to get corrupted. Let me save my files to the SD card!

That's what Pokemon Bank is for.

Wonder if they're saving the 3D overworked for Z, wouldn't surprise me.

ramyeon

3DS has save backup built into the OS anyway. Assuming it works with this, that is. Don't see why it wouldn't.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
They probably only played the Gameboy games :p

Hell, you know they only played those when they assume it's "the same game".

The reason it has one save file to begin with is to prevent corruption. They have "multiple" saves that prevents corruption, so to say.

Symphonic

Hmm but it's only storing Pokemons and not the save file itself? Looks like it costs something too.

Edit: Oh, I have never heard of this save back up thingy. I can sleep better now. Thanks for the info.

Yeah it's just to save your Pokemon. That would be the most important thing to me anyways.

It's 5 bucks a year. Not getting into that discussion again though.

What a shame, I love the 3D effect. Is there a developer as technically incompetent as Game Freak with a similarly popular franchise? Pokemon games never looked particularly impressive and the overworld in XY looks like absolute ass, even for 3DS. If you showed me the overworld and told me it was a PSX or DS game I would believe you instantly. And they couldn't get this running in 3D? I'm amazed Nintendo allowed this, it's their most important franchise after Mario after all.

The reason is financial over all other reasons.
Really? When did they confirm this?
What a shame, I love the 3D effect. Is there a developer as technically incompetent as Game Freak with a similarly popular franchise? Pokemon games never looked particularly impressive and the overworld in XY looks like absolute ass, even for 3DS. If you showed me the overworld and told me it was a PSX or DS game I would believe you instantly. And they couldn't get this running in 3D? I'm amazed Nintendo allowed this, it's their most important franchise after Mario after all.
Pokemon games were never about the graphics.

Mr-Joker

Banned

image.php

You clearly haven't see the graphical level of a PSX or DS games. Game Freak did the right by disabling the 3D effect, it was a gimmick that wasn't needed.

So stop acting like a big baby just because one feature is missing.

TheGrue

Don't these games usually hold their price pretty much forever (or at least until the next one comes out)? I think you'll be waiting a long time.

zroid

Banned
The one positive to come from this incident is I've learned there are apparently a lot of fans of 3D on GAF and the Internet. The feature gets so much hate/apathy around these parts, it's pretty easy to think otherwise. It's nice to know there are still plenty of folks who keep the 3D slider maxed at all-times.

I s'pose I'm just a lot mellower about it than the rest of you. As much as I enjoy 3D, not playing a game because of its absence seems pretty silly to me.

And I would have then told you that you've probably never played a PSX or a DS game if you think this looks anything like that.

image.php

You clearly haven't see the graphical level of a PSX or DS games. Game Freak did the right by disabling the 3D effect, it was a gimmick that wasn't needed.

So stop acting like a big baby just because one feature is missing.

I wish I had your DS. Mine never did anything like this.

Maybe it's not on DS level but it looks like s*** for a 3DS game (the battles look nice though). And 3D is a default feature of the system, not a random gimmick, to release a game with such bottom tier graphics and not even support the feature the console is named after is either lazy or incompetent.

Takuan

I don't know why anyone expects technical wizardry from a company not known for it, ever.

X and Y will be the best-looking mainline Pokemon games available upon their release... which is admittedly pathetic, but par for the course.

ramyeon

Maybe it's not on DS level but it looks like s*** for a 3DS game (the battles look nice though). And 3D is a default feature of the system, not a random gimmick, to release a game with such bottom tier graphics and not even support the feature the console is named after is either lazy or incompetent.
I would reserve your judgement until playing it hands on. Most of the people who have seem to report that it looks fantastic.

Top Bottom