• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Snap Releases 4/30 for Nintendo Switch

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Looked for a "dusty Nintendo Switch" image and couldn't find one. Almost as if people are playing them. Weird.

Anyway, it's time to dust off the Switch.

Akuji

Mines dusty, very actually.
Should start playing Luigis mansion 3 ... after breath of the wild nothing came for me that had me really exited.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Perhaps the Animal Crossing hit of 2021. Can't take pictures of real locations outside so pls snap these cute critters. I hope the game is crammed with detail, to encourage multiple playthroughs of each stage (just like in the original). It was kinda like babby's first rail shooter.

Hudo

Perhaps the Animal Crossing hit of 2021. Can't take pictures of real locations outside so pls snap these cute critters. I hope the game is crammed with detail, to encourage multiple playthroughs of each stage (just like in the original). It was kinda like babby's first rail shooter.
For real, without Pokemon Snap, I would've never considered to try Sin & Punishment. And I am glad I did.

engstra

Really hoping this turns out good, absolutely love the N64 game. Only actually enjoy the original 151 creatures, here's to getting to know the others I guess.

drotahorror

Guess I'm in the minority but I'd love a new Mario, Metroid, F Zero, Donkey Kong, anything really other than Animal Crossing and Pokemon.

Fbh

Looks fun. But I'm not really interested enough to spend $60 so I'll probably never play it.

Why can’t they bring that sort of atmosphere and look to a real
Pokémon base line game???

Come on, can't expect that much from a poor indie dev working on a small niche franchise like Pokemon

Woman7

Banned
So the gameplay is just snapping pictures while on rails?

Am I missing something?

Yara Shahidi What GIF by grown-ish

Kataploom

Gold Member
This looks very good, tho not my type of game probably. This, SM3DW and MHR alone already setted a strong year for Nintendo IMO

peronmls

Definitely better with the shading but if they pushed it just a little bit more. Also missing God Rays and Lens Flare.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
i keep throwing my cash at the switch screen this game won't install what the fuck is wrong with my switch?

Ezquimacore

Banned
I don't get it either. I was in my early teens I think when the first one came out. I didn't play it. I feel like I must be missing something.
The first one had different paths and different puzzles to obtain every photo. Sometimes you have to force evolutions and there are hidden pokemons like mew. Not an action adventure game but the game had a bit more going on than just "on rail" hopefully this one expands and has more stuff. Not for everyone but it's one of the best pokemon side games.

Cutty Flam

Banned
I sort of miss being a part of these Pokémon games, the community

Been looking for a way to get back into it. Haven’t played a game since the last Pokémon Snap or Pokémon Stadium 2 for N64 so this could be a great way to learn all the new Pokémon and jump back in since it’ll be like a tour

I’m hoping they have an extensive museum in this game where you can read a lot about Pokémon, Pokémon history, sort of like the files in Resident Evil 5 where most of the entire series up that point is detailed in the files you’ll find throughout the game

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
This looks really cute. If you like it you may wanna check out this little indie thing with potentially creepy things to photograph. Sucks for the devs Nintendo revived Snap as they were releasing their twist on it...

Last edited:

OneMoreDay

Neo Member
I've been hoping and wishing for a Pokémon Snap sequel for years and years, and now it's finally here! I don't know with you guys, but I think 2021 will be an excellent gaming year. At least if you're on the Nintendo bandwagon. :messenger_relieved:

Sejan

I really hope this game is good, but I have a fear that it will either be really short or really repetitive. I'm scared that the content will be little more than the 6 short stages that the original offered. Hopefully, they will have a free roam option, multiple paths through each route or anything to extend the game to a good 20 (nonrepetative) hours or so.

Top Bottom