• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Police respond to shooting reports at Washington high school

Tovarisc

Add 3:
The Spokane County sheriff confirmed one student was killed, and the shooter was taken into custody, according to the Spokesman Review. At least three other students were shot and taken to the hospital where they were reportedly in satisfactory condition.
http://mynorthwest.com/751387/sheriff-confirms-shooting-at-spokane-high-school/
Thanks Walter White Walker for link

Add 2:
Six shot at Freeman High School; suspect in custody

ix people were shot, one fatally, and a suspect was taken into custody Wednesday morning at Freeman High School south of Spokane.

”The shooter is in the back seat of a patrol car right now," Sheriff Ozzie Knezovich said at the scene, where students, parents and teachers had been corralled into school buildings after the shots rang out at about 10:30 a.m.

All of the victims had been transported to Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center within about an hour of the shooting.

Michael Moore, the hospital's chief of surgery, said eight surgery sites were open for the victims. Hospital security and local law enforcement were directing traffic in the area.

”We're all hands on deck," said Dr. Jeff Collins, the hospital's chief physician. ”We train for this regularly."
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2017/sep/13/shooting-reported-at-freeman-high-school/#/0

Original OP:
Authorities are responding to reports of a shooting at a high school south of Spokane, Washington.

The Spokesman-Review reports that first responders were at Freeman High School in Rockford Wednesday morning.

Spokane Public Schools said on Twitter that all schools in the district are ”being placed into modified lockdown as a precautionary measure."

No other information was immediately available.
https://apnews.com/26808e246e54496c...n=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP

Add 1:
Multiple injuries have been reported and a suspect is in custody after a shooting at Freeman High School in Rockford, south of Spokane.

Dozens of vehicles including ambulances and a LifeFlight helicopter responded to the scene.

First responders were urging motorists not to use Highway 27 so that ambulances and other vehicles could get through, KHQ reported.

A Twitter user named Christina posted a photo of children sitting on the floor of a classroom at about 10:30 a.m. with the caption: ”At Freeman elementary currently. I am a junior, evacuated from the high school. At least 4 shots."

An automated warning that was repeated on law enforcement radio channels said, ”Freeman High School. Gunshots or stabbing. Stand back."

Spokane Public Schools said on Twitter that all schools in the district are ”being placed into modified lockdown as a precautionary measure."
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2017/sep/13/shooting-reported-at-freeman-high-school/#/0
Thanks adj_noun: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=248857220&postcount=6

adj_noun

Multiple injuries have been reported and a suspect is in custody after a shooting at Freeman High School in Rockford, south of Spokane.

Dozens of vehicles including ambulances and a LifeFlight helicopter responded to the scene.

First responders were urging motorists not to use Highway 27 so that ambulances and other vehicles could get through, KHQ reported.

A Twitter user named Christina posted a photo of children sitting on the floor of a classroom at about 10:30 a.m. with the caption: “At Freeman elementary currently. I am a junior, evacuated from the high school. At least 4 shots.”

An automated warning that was repeated on law enforcement radio channels said, “Freeman High School. Gunshots or stabbing. Stand back.”

Spokane Public Schools said on Twitter that all schools in the district are “being placed into modified lockdown as a precautionary measure.”

Story still developing, so grains of salt apply.

JeTmAn81

My thoughts reading the title..."Washington D.C.? Probably." Then "Western Washington? Probably". But it's here...we finally have one :(

Atenhaus

Gonna be honest - thought this would be in Puget Sound/Western WA. Thoughts go out to all of those affected in Spokane.

RIP to the victim. Hope the remaining pull through and glad the shooter got caught before it got worse.

Still sad to see this happening regularly though.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
This is pretty terrible. I hope the survivors are okay.

Are we allowed to discuss gun control in this thread, or is that disallowed now?

Shit's in the 2nd Amendment. It's embedded into the soul of the country.

No joke, I was talking to someone complaining that Oregon(?) passed a law saying that if you feel that your domestic partner may become violent, you can report them and they would have their firearms taken into custody temporarily until shit's sorted out.

And he had a problem with that. "It's in the constitution".

sqwarlock

Those poor kids, their fellow students, and especially the family of the deceased victim. Thoughts are with them.

Will be curious to see the shooter's motivation for this attack since they are alive and in custody.

First that awful shooting in Plano and now this. Just another day in the USA.

I found this quote from the article especially sad:

Rockford Mayor Carrie Roecks said the community is devastated by the shooting and that she had never imagined something like it happening at a small school like Freeman, where practically everyone knows one another.

“Not knowing who is affected is hard,” Roecks said. “It doesn’t matter who it is because it’s going to be someone we know.”

R.I.P. to the victim.

No joke, I was talking to someone complaining that Oregon(?) passed a law saying that if you feel that your domestic partner may become violent, you can report them and they would have their firearms taken into custody temporarily until shit's sorted out.

And he had a problem with that. "It's in the constitution".

i never understood the "constitution" argument, like nothing ever got amended or whatever

Those poor kids, their fellow students, and especially the family of the deceased victim. Thoughts are with them.

Will be curious to see the shooter's motivation for this attack since they are alive and in custody.
Any attacks like this not been carried out by a bullied student?

Top Bottom