• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 Community Thread |OT2| This thread title is now under military control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kosmo

Banned
That's because Al Sharpton fucking sucks Kosmo. You'd find that most people think that here.

Sharpton is endearing in that you can see even he doesn't believe half the shit that comes out of his mouth and he's just in it for the hustle as long as the money keeps rolling in.

1. I am not trying to get you banned. That's ridiculous. I bet one of your officemates typed that.
2. When did I say every republican individual was racist? As a matter of fact I very clearly delineated the difference between people and parties and positions and platforms. At this point in time, the GOP is running on and benefitting from thinly veiled racist energy, policies, platform and election strategy. If you are refuting that, then please go into more detail instead of erecting a straw man about "people." And you're completely ignoring those points and starting a victimhood complex.

I'm not denying that the Romney campaign is basically running a Southern Strategy right now, in fact I've spoken about it here before. My point is simple: GAF has been constantly insinuating that the republican party is racist for weeks now, and those that speak against it are belittled or attacked.

With respect to black republicans, there's no question that the left reacts quite bitterly to them. Al Sharpton is especially guilty of hurling ignorant charges at them, and I'd argue that he represents the views of many older black people on the topic. Rice is quite moderate on social issues, is a hawk on foreign policy, and is conservative on economic issues. I disagree with her on most things, but to label her a house negro is insulting. And of course, you don't have to go far on GAF or liberal blogs to see multiple people making belittling comments about black republicans; even the dumbest ones like Cain don't deserve that shit. And it's very hard to defend Cain actually, given his almost blatant distaste for black people (based on the ridiculous comments he has made about them over the last two years)

Don't agree with almost any part of the Lib/Ron Paul platform, but what happened to these guys was bullshit. Rules are rules. If this was a Green delegation at the Democratic convention, it would be just as atrocious.
For all the crap and fake tears cries of being cheated (ie America does give a fuck about Ron Paul) and there losers crapping up NASA Facebook pages with chem trail stuff, vandalizing a bridge with Ron Paul 2012 and like to Alex Jones, near where I live, and having to listen to this ignorant schmucks act like they know about the Constituion....I think they're getting their justly earned desserts right about now.

Hear it now! Devo unleashes song about Mitt Romney's dog
http://entertainment.nbcnews.com/_n...vo-unleashes-song-about-mitt-romneys-dog?lite
DEVO - Don't Roof Rack Me, Bro! (Seamus Unleashed)

Love Devo :)

Fun fact: The song "Whip It" was about the Carter administration.

There is meaning behind the song “Whip It,” one of Devo’s most memorable songs, said Mark Mothersbaugh, the group’s lead singer and former Kent State student.

“The song was written after we’d done two world tours,” Mothersbaugh said.

And “Whip It” reflects then President Carter’s policy — Devo felt the policy was stupid and should be changed.

“We thought that Carter needed a pep talk,” Mothersbaugh said. “We saw it as being a song of empowerment.”

I'm not denying that the Romney campaign is basically running a Southern Strategy right now, in fact I've spoken about it here before. My point is simple: GAF has been constantly insinuating that the republican party is racist for weeks now, and those that speak against it are belittled or attacked.

With respect to black republicans, there's no question that the left reacts quite bitterly to them. Al Sharpton is especially guilty of hurling ignorant charges at them, and I'd argue that he represents the views of many older black people on the topic. Rice is quite moderate on social issues, is a hawk on foreign policy, and is conservative on economic issues. I disagree with her on most things, but to label her a house negro is insulting. And of course, you don't have to go far on GAF or liberal blogs to see multiple people making belittling comments about black republicans; even the dumbest ones like Cain don't deserve that shit. And it's very hard to defend Cain actually, given his almost blatant distaste for black people (based on the ridiculous comments he has made about them over the last two years)
The point isn't that racism is nonexistent in the Democratic Party, the point is that it's put on full display in the GOP and none of the party leaders, who might be a bit more reasonable, really care about addressing it. Especially when they advocate causes like voter ID that disproportionately affect minorities.

This is kind of like when someone insinuates that the GOP is anti-woman based on the comments of... well, everyone, and a conservative will appear in the thread and say "These wackjobs don't represent the GOP!" when they clearly do.

You're right, no one on the left should be calling anyone house negroes, and no one on the right should be throwing food at black people telling them "This is how animals are fed."

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
For all the crap and fake tears cries of being cheated (ie America does give a fuck about Ron Paul) and there losers crapping up NASA Facebook pages with chem trail stuff, vandalizing a bridge with Ron Paul 2012 and like to Alex Jones, near where I live, and having to listen to this ignorant schmucks act like they know about the Constituion....I think they're getting their justly earned desserts right about now.

I only have a shred of empathy for them because the convention itself is supposed to be about rules of order etc. Don't get me wrong, they themselves tried to game the system, but they did it in the open and got defeated by the process - what happened right AT the confernce was literally sleazy and an astoundingly bad idea by the powers that be. This will come back to haunt them.

They should have let the delegates swing and miss.

Ann Romney Woos Hispanic Voters, Urging They Get Past 'Their Biases'
"It really is a message that would resonate well if they could just get past some of their biases that have been there from the Democratic machines that have made us look like we don't care about this community," Romney said. "And that is not true. We very much care about you and your families and the opportunities that are there for you and your families."
She stressed her immigrant roots, mentioning her grandfather who was a Welsh coalminer, aiming to connect with the Latino audience.
"I know what it's like to be the daughter of immigrants," she said.
http://news.yahoo.com/ann-romney-woos-hispanic-voters-luncheon-181637003--abc-news-politics.html
Anntoinette Romney . . . did you happen to watch any of the GOP primary debates? Your husband was in them . . . or were you too busy with the Rafalca the horse?

Funny you should mention it, two people gave me shit in this thread last night for saying he's a scumbag.

You said he was a piece of shit, and you deserve shit for it.

Yeah he gets some things wrong.

Being a civil rights activist at the center of some of the most heated racially tense cases isn't a neat and clean job. But the fact is he gives himself for a cause to help the less fortunate- some with no means at all to defend themselves against injustice- and he's done that for a long time.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
The problem with continuously mentioning Al Sharpton when discussing racist democrats is the same problem one finds when pointing to Bill Maher when it comes to misognyist democrats: You find yourself coming back to the same examples time and time again, which sorta proves the point...

Kosmo

Banned
Pawlenty with the zing: "Barack Obama has failed us, but it's understandable. A lot of people fail at their first job."

Hey-ooooooooo

giga

Nate's latest article on convention bounces is up. He's expecting Romney to get a 4 point bounce for the next polls that should gradually diminish and overlap with Obama's next week.

29fivethirtyeight-bounce-custom2.gif

29fivethirtyeight-bounce-custom1.gif

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/08/29/measuring-a-convention-bounce/

We’d expect the polls to initially move by about four points toward Mr. Romney this weekend, reflecting the effects of the Republican convention. However, the bounce would be short-lived, since the Democrats will begin their convention on Tuesday.

Then Mr. Obama gets his convention bounce. However, it would be smaller than Mr. Romney’s since not all that much time will have passed since the Republican convention, canceling it out in part.

As I mentioned, the FiveThirtyEight forecast will adjust for the convention bounces.

Mathematically, this adjustment is not complicated: we’ll just subtract out the projected effects of the convention from the polls.

So, for example, if Mr. Romney holds a five-point lead in a poll conducted this weekend, the model will instead treat that as a one-point lead. This is because this should be right in the midst of his convention bounce and because our benchmark for his convention bounce is four points this year.

This also implies that if Mr. Romney does not gain any ground in the polls after this convention, the model will treat that as a significantly negative factor for him. Then Mr. Romney will have to hope that Mr. Obama does not get any convention bounce either.

I know that some readers will not like the convention bounce adjustment. But it’s critical to remember that a convention bounce is almost always temporary. Sometimes, the bounce will be large enough that a candidate will go from a losing position to a winning one even after it fades, as Mr. Clinton did in 1992. But the polls almost always overrate a candidate’s standing in the interim.

Still, the forecast is our signature product. We expect the convention bounces to be small this year. But if Mr. Romney gets no convention bounce at all, or a bounce of only one or two percentage points, it will be appropriate to take a more pessimistic view of his chances of winning in November.

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/08/29/measuring-a-convention-bounce/

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Wow, when Tim Pawlenty is receiving the the best applause lines of the night, you know your convention's fucked.

Stinkles

Nate's latest article on convention bounces is up. He's expecting Romney to get a 4 point bounce for the next polls that should gradually diminish and overlap with Obama's next week.

In some ways this will be the test of a couple of things - how much the focus on preaching to the choir can be amplified to broader audiences, how much it will energize folks who don't like Mitt but hate Obama, and how much they've solved for women. I think theygave up on minorities.

In some ways this will be the test of a couple of things - how much the focus on preaching to the choir can be amplified to broader audiences, how much it will energize folks who don't like Mitt but hate Obama, and how much they've solved for women. I think they gave up on minorities.

Bullshit, Ann Romney still has a few more months to tell Hispanics how biased they are.

codhand

Huckster def on the Christie meal plan.

Yes, now this is the social conservatism I signed up for! RED MEAT! RED MEAT!

Anyone see Matthews, Brewer exchange, or attempted exchange?

Oh where's Toxic? Biden Charity diss.

You said he was a piece of shit, and you deserve shit for it.

Yeah he gets some things wrong.

Being a civil rights activist at the center of some of the most heated racially tense cases isn't a neat and clean job. But the fact is he gives himself for a cause to help the less fortunate- some with no means at all to defend themselves against injustice- and he's done that for a long time.
The only cause Al Sharpton has ever given himself to is himself. He is a worthless piece of garbage.

Should have been more clear. Not concerning you, concerning the, "You're calling the party racist!!!"
Ah okay.

I only have a shred of empathy for them because the convention itself is supposed to be about rules of order etc. Don't get me wrong, they themselves tried to game the system, but they did it in the open and got defeated by the process - what happened right AT the confernce was literally sleazy and an astoundingly bad idea by the powers that be. This will come back to haunt them.

They should have let the delegates swing and miss.
What can I say payback is a bitch, and well deserved.

Plus I can't imagine a group of "allies" that would be viewed as more distrustful and unreliable as the Paul people, they'd sell their own mothers for a gold coin. They're going to write his name in so they can "lecture" us about how he was robbed and blah blah blah.

Stinkles

Ah okay.

What can I say payback is a bitch, and well deserved.

Plus I can't imagine a group of "allies" that would be viewed as more distrustful and unreliable as the Paul people, they'd sell their own mothers for a gold coin. They're going to write his name in so they can "lecture" us about how he was robbed and blah blah blah.

BUT BUT BUT meh I emotionally and tactically agree with you.

XenodudeX

Yeah thats what I was expecting. Mitt Romney's come back won't be at the conventions, it will be a the debates. That where he can score some points on the economy.

pigeon

Banned
Yeah thats what I was expecting. Mitt Romney's come back won't be at the conventions, it will be a the debates. That where he can score some points on the economy.

I dunno, I think Romney is poorly positioned for the debates. He's moved his strategy over to lying and race-baiting, two approaches that work markedly less well when your opponent is right there and can talk right after you. Romney's gonna say "welfare reform gutted," Obama's gonna say "you wrote a letter to me asking for this specific change." Romney's going to need something better in response to that than "Nuh-uh."

Stinkles

I dunno, I think Romney is poorly positioned for the debates. He's moved his strategy over to lying and race-baiting, two approaches that work markedly less well when your opponent is right there and can talk right after you. Romney's gonna say "welfare reform gutted," Obama's gonna say "you wrote a letter to me asking for this specific change." Romney's going to need something better in response to that than "Nuh-uh."

This is where Romney's flipflopsand naked lies get exposed. Sadly the media didn't bother and the president of the United States will have to do it personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom