• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT3| If it's not a legitimate OT the mods have ways to shut it down

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has no plan for anything! Anything he ever has had a plan on he's run away from. Dude is gonna get blown out.

The good thing when running against an Incumbent in a bad economy is you don't have to make people vote for you, you have to make people vote against him.

This is the last election GOP can win with mainly white voters and well, don't underestimate that strategy.

gcubed

The good thing when running against an Incumbent in a bad economy is you don't have to make people vote for you, you have to make people vote against him.

This is the last election GOP can win with mainly white voters and well, don't underestimate that strategy.

I don't underestimate him. He has no shot.

eznark

Banned
He has no plan for anything! Anything he ever has had a plan on he's run away from. Dude is gonna get blown out.

That wasn't their goal. They wanted to soften Romney, make him a guy you can relate to. They think he (and Ryan for that matter) will do a better job of laying out their plans (lol) in the debates.

Even if he never gives a plan for anything, I don't see how this possibly turns into a blowout. Electoral possibly, but every purple state will be close.

Speech was not memorable, people still don't know him

The Convention will be most remembered for Eastwood and the fact that every fucking GOP member who spoke apparently should be running for President more than Mitt

I agree. It was a serviceable speech for him. Not enough, however.

I'll go on record as saying I'm pretty unhappy with everyone involved that Clint Eastwood looked like a senile old man tonight.

Maybe we were wrong and Clint is completely lucid. Remember when we wondered why he would go support them after they shit on him for the super bowl ad? This is his payback ;)
Now that is how you troll motherfuckers. Man I feel like watching Dirty Harry now...or the Dead Pool it's funny watch Young Liam Nesseson do schlock,

markatisu

Who is underestimating what, Nate Silver did an entire write up about how Romney's plan to win only on the white vote is virtually guaranteed to fail

They could do that when they had at least some Hispanics, they lost virtually all of them and no amount of redistricting is going to help when you lost all minorities and women

Who is underestimating what, Nate Silver did an entire write up about how Romney's plan to win only on the white vote is virtually guaranteed to fail

They could do that when they had at least some Hispanics, they lost virtually all of them and no amount of redistricting is going to help when you lost all minorities and women

Not if Romney gets 61% of the white vote. That is his magic number. Nate's write up had him at 58% best.

tumblr_m9lmx93EIB1ruwc07o1_400.jpg

This will happen again. I bet Obama talks in very specific terms next week.
Yeah I doubt that, granted its going to empty tissues boxes around here next week, I'll have my work cut out for me...eh not really, I just would be happier if people don't get circle jerky. Cynical humor doesn't mean you can't vote for the person.

Jackson50

Romney's speech was mediocre. It was devoid of substance, of course; the segment on foreign policy was painful. But who expected otherwise?

To the extent the economy harms Obama, it's already reflected in the polls. And Obama has maintained a modest advantage for most of the cycle. The polls might shift after the RNC convention. But that will prove transient. Essentially, Romney needs a boost to propel him over the hump. And I'm having difficulty identifying a potential boost.

Snake

I just wish Clint could have given a more self-aware joke speech.

"You know, my career has certainly provided me with A Fistful of Dollars, but I'll enthusiastically endorse Mitt Romney For a Few Dollars More. I don't expect Mitt to have a Sudden Impact on the unemployment rate, 'cause I know the President doesn't have Absolute Power, and it's never going to be A Perfect World. But President Obama remains Unforgiven in my eyes, for his inability to fix things over the past four years. His policies have taken us Every Which Way But Loose, and I implore you to vote him out of office Any Which Way You Can."

giga

Piers morgan interview with giuliani about ryan's speech. What a hack.

MORGAN: And there were a few stories he was telling, the Janesville plant that shut down, as you and I know, that was shut down in President Bush's tenure, not President Obama's. So he was a bit naughty on the facts, wasn't he?

GIULIANI: Well, look, when people give speeches, not every fact is always absolutely accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom