• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT| Ask us about our performance with Latinos in Nevada

Status
Not open for further replies.

User1608

Banned
Hillary has knocked this out of the park. This was damn good. Damn good from her. The questions were extremely more difficult for her than Bernie. They hit him with absolutely nothing. She's been great.
Yup, I feel her performance is far better than his already, and he did well enough too. Wow.

Honest question: are there any hillary fans that thing bernie did better or any bernie fans that think hillary did better? I feel like we are already so polarized that very few or no people will feel the opposite candidate did better. I think bernie did better than I expected, and that hillary is doing very well as per usual.

Trying to rethink my biases as I have become a lot more positive on Hillary after reading the threads.

Need more NH polling to feel better about Trump.

Speaking of polls, where the hell is Aaron Strife?
I feel good about him brah. I was depressed, longer than his 15 hour Twitter silence. But he seems reinvigorated now. He just needs to hammer that Cruz is just another scummy, fraudulent politician. Then go full populist. That's going to chip away at Ted. Maybe start calling Rafael, and that is another way he is deceiving the American people. He should say nobody likes him, not even his pastor, and that his pastor had thoughts of drowning him during his baptism.

Honest question: are there any hillary fans that thing bernie did better or any bernie fans that think hillary did better? I feel like we are already so polarized that very few or no people will feel the opposite candidate did better. I think bernie did better than I expected, and that hillary is doing very well as per usual.

Trying to rethink my biases as I have become a lot more positive on Hillary after reading the threads.

Benie did better in the Iowa Town hall than Hillary did.

Not tonight, though. He looked tired and he seemed to lack presence.

Benie did better in the Iowa Town hall than Hillary did.

Not tonight, though. He looked tired and he seemed to lack presence.

I thought he was less angry but perhaps he was tired. I like these settings a bit more than debates, what is your opinion? I really can't wait for republican vs democratic debates though, however it is on either side it will be hilarious.

I think you'll need to define the parameters under which you're judging their performances?

I think that supporters of both would probably agree she received either weirder questions or tougher questions.

She answered them reasonably well, but I think he probably answered his better or deflected better.

She needs to have better responses to questions on her finances and Iraq war vote.
Also, since apparently it's going to become a recurring question: Are you a liar?

I think you'll need to define the parameters under which you're judging their performances?

I think that supporters of both would probably agree she received either weirder questions or tougher questions.

She answered them reasonably well, but I think he probably answered his better or deflected better.

She needs to have better responses to questions on her finances and Iraq war vote.
Also, since apparently it's going to become a recurring question: Are you a liar?

Yea I think your analysis is spot on. I don't like the liar question, what is the point of asking that question? If she is a liar, she will lie. I agree some of her answers were worse and some of her questions were weirder. But I think bernie did a lot of non economics talking that was important (he was getting very one note even as a supporter).

Hilary should answer "are you a liar" with "Yes."

PIME TARADOX

giphy.gif

Holmes

Hillary was shaky at the beginning. Her answer on women in the draft was kind of a non-answer (although the draft is a non-starter anyway) and although she got her message across on the Supreme Court Justice question, she bungled it a bit in the beginning, only the re-state what she said afterwards in a more eloquent way. Her performance afterwards was really good, though. Her answers on medical marijuana, right-wing attacks on her, and the notes in her two pockets (was that even a question?) were very good. Talking about her mother was good as well.
This story just warms my heart. Bernie´s movement has the pontential of creating a whole wave of Sanders Democrats.

https://newrepublic.com/article/129047/bernies-army-running-congress
I agree that more "Sanders Democrats" would in Congress would be good but... Lucy Flores? Come on.

Somewhat off-topic, what is Hillary position on fracking, particularity in Africa? I'm starting to warm up to her actually(not a huge fan of the Democratic candidates) , but really need an answer to this, since I keep getting conflicting answers to this. I know she's not for drilling in the USA, but I'm hoping that's not the case in third-world countries.

Somewhat off-topic, what is Hillary position on fracking, particularity in Africa? I'm starting to warm up to her actually(not a huge fan of the Democratic candidates) , but really need an answer to this, since I keep getting conflicting answers to this. I know she's not for drilling in the USA, but I'm hoping that's not the case in third-world countries.

She's not running for president of Africa.

Makai

10 reasons Dem superdelegates will choose Sanders over Clinton

1. Polling trajectory and other factors show that Sanders is now the front-runner.

2. Democratic superdelegates know that the Democratic Party has experienced a paradigm shift toward Sanders and away from Clinton.

3. Superdelegates want to win.

4. Superdelegates who've publicly supported Clinton have no obligation to honor their pledge.

5. Sanders is ahead in Iowa and New Hampshire.

6. Most Americans don't trust Clinton.

7. Swing states don't trust Clinton.

8. There are a great number of progressives around the country who will only vote for Sanders and would rather sit out an election, or write in Sanders, rather than vote for Clinton.

9. Biden's theoretical entrance into the race is yet another reason why Clinton's campaign isn't viable.

10. Superdelegates will be remembered for their vote.

Holmes

This is a pretty specific question and I've never seen it raised as an issue before in this campaign (not just fracking in Africa, but fracking in general). I'll see what I can find.

Hillary was shaky at the beginning. Her answer on women in the draft was kind of a non-answer (although the draft is a non-starter anyway) and although she got her message across on the Supreme Court Justice question, she bungled it a bit in the beginning, only the re-state what she said afterwards in a more eloquent way. Her performance afterwards was really good, though. Her answers on medical marijuana, right-wing attacks on her, and the notes in her two pockets (was that even a question?) were very good. Talking about her mother was good as well.

I agree that more "Sanders Democrats" would in Congress would be good but... Lucy Flores? Come on.

I thought her answer on marijuana was good but the actual content of it (schedule 2 is still super restrictive) I disagree with but its positive change. The draft question is weird.

I guessed it was HA Goodman, who is insane, before I clicked the link.

Also, her answer to the paid speeches should really just be "Girl's gotta eat."

This discussion on CNN from someone on the round table about how it's great that liberals are finally arguing "who's the most progressive" sounds exactly like how republicans are arguing who's the most conservative. And it honestly doesn't sound like a great discussion for us liberals to get swamped in.

She's not running for president of Africa.

I know that, but I read that she convinced people in that region when she was Secretory of State. It's not my MAIN issue, but just one of them, since I'm a strong supporter of Climate Change. Please note that I need to do more research on Fracking to see if it has a great effect on Climate Change, so it might be a non-issue.

This is a pretty specific question and I've never seen it raised as an issue before in this campaign (not just fracking in Africa, but fracking in general). I'll see what I can find.

Thanks, you can PM since I don't want to derail this thread :)

Edit: I think I found the right answer. Thanks anyway :)

Iolo

Then go full populist. That's going to chip away at Ted. Maybe start calling Rafael, and that is another way he is deceiving the American people. He should say nobody likes him, not even his pastor, and that his pastor had thoughts of drowning him during his baptism.

If I were drinking anything I would have spit out my drink.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I feel good about him brah. I was depressed, longer than his 15 hour Twitter silence. But he seems reinvigorated now. He just needs to hammer that Cruz is just another scummy, fraudulent politician. Then go full populist. That's going to chip away at Ted. Maybe start calling Rafael, and that is another way he is deceiving the American people. He should say nobody likes him, not even his pastor, and that his pastor had thoughts of drowning him during his baptism.

Holy shit, I want this to be true so much :lol

I desperately wish this were true.

You should tweet it at Trump, he might use the line.

The attorney? I think that is a very accurate statement.

Yaaas. Lawd, help me. I'm getting all kinds of vapors up in here.

I think this was a great night for Hillary. She really does well in these formats. Better than she did in the Iowa one. When her back is against the wall, you get fighter Hillary. Fighter Hillary will wreck.

This discussion on CNN from someone on the round table about how it's great that liberals are finally arguing "who's the most progressive" sounds exactly like how republicans are arguing who's the most conservative. And it honestly doesn't sound like a great discussion for us liberals to get swamped in.

That's Bill Press, who has a new book out about how Obama let progressives down

Armaros

That's Bill Press, who has a new book out about how Obama let progressives down

Pundits would LOVE for the left to break down like on the right.

It would cause so much constant infighting which would make news, space more even more punditry instead of 'Go support Obama' or ' Look how the Right is messing things up"

I'm not sure if it's been asked here already, but how reliable is PublicPolicyPolling? They have Trump at 25, Rubio at 21 and Cruz at 21 as well. I really fear Rubio getting the nomination since it would make it much harder for a Hillary/Sanders to win the general election after the progress Obama has made.

I know that, but I read that she convinced people in that region when she was Secretory of State. It's not my MAIN issue, but just one of them, since I'm a strong support of Climate Change. Please note that I need to do more research on Fracking to see if it has a great effect on Climate Change, so it might be a non-issue,
http://www.yaleclimateconnections.org/2015/05/pros-and-cons-of-fracking-5-key-issues/

Natural gas is a substantially cleaner fuel than coal.

Exis

Theoretical question- What would have happened to the republican party is Watergate never happened? Outside of some obvious things like contelpro and weird stuff like burying the pot research Nixon at least still funded social programs what if he had continued?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm not sure if it's been asked here already, but how reliable is PublicPolicyPolling? They have Trump at 25, Rubio at 21 and Cruz at 21 as well. I really fear Rubio getting the nomination since it would make it much harder for a Hillary/Sanders to win the general election after the progress Obama has made.

I'm not sure I'd go off a single poll, you'll get a better look going off more than one.

It's one poll, gotta wait to see how things settle among several polls.

Ecotic

Speaking of which, my hometown is fighting to not become a dumping ground for coal ash. The EPA designated it as non-toxic and so it's free for regular disposal, but everyone on my facebook feed is posting horror stories about it. This isn't my area of expertise. My parents' house uses well water. How worried should I be both for myself and the town?

ivysaur12

Banned
This story just warms my heart. Bernie´s movement has the pontential of creating a whole wave of Sanders Democrats.

https://newrepublic.com/article/129047/bernies-army-running-congress

But all of those people aren't real candidates and will probably lose in races they shouldn't be focusing on. It's good for someone to run in Nevada's 4th who is a proven progressive, but Lucy Flores is already kind of a political loser after running statewide in 2014 in what was never going to be a race she could win.

The only person in this article who's actually positioned themselves well and in an ability to actually be competitive is Zephyr Teachout, because she's campaigning the smart way, and isn't trying to run for Senate or trying to run for a seat that already is bottlenecked with a million Democrats running.

The smart way to run for office for these people would be to attack themselves to light or regular Blue seats where there's someone who is retiring, and try to get on board with the local Democratic party or influential party leaders to position themselves as a viable candidate. That's how you take the party to the left. You don't jump to Senator.

The problem is fracking is screwing up the environment/causing earthquakes and stuff. It could be done well but it isn't.
EPA said:
Spill records from an estimated 12,000 spills (33 percent of the total number of spills
reviewed) contained insufficient information
to determine whether the spill was related to
hydraulic fracturing. Of the spills with sufficient information, the EPA identified an estimated
24,000 spills (66 percent) as not related to hydraulic fracturing and 457 spills (approximately 1
percent
) as related to hydraulic fracturing.
http://www.epa.gov/sites/production.../hf_spills_report_final_5-12-15_508_km_sb.pdf

Reports from state regulators in 2009 testifying that there were no incidences of water contamination due to hydraulic fracturing.
http://iogcc.publishpath.com/Websit...egulatoryStatementsonHydraulic Fracturing.pdf

Study published in the National Academy of Sciences determining that hydraulic fracturing, as practiced today, does not contaminate wells.
http://www.slideshare.net/Marcellus...gs-not-fracking?redirected_from=save_on_embed

Your move.

dabig2

Pundits would LOVE for the left to break down like on the right.

It would cause so much constant infighting which would make news, space more even more punditry instead of 'Go support Obama' or ' Look how the Right is messing things up"

Healthy criticism is fine. The left's attack on Obama lacks the complete vitriol and hysterics that the Right often employs on their own. Anyways, Bernie initial statement on the book was literally just:
"Bill makes the case why, long after taking the oath of office, the next president of the United States must keep rallying the people who elected him or her on behalf of progressive causes. That is the only way real change will happen. Read this book.”

That's tame as hell. And completely correct. Initial supporters giving up and staying home is what has you guys concerned about a Bernie presidency and he's simply restating that he perfectly understands that he can't be a savior without the support of the people that got him there.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
True, I'm just hoping other polls are not similar to this. I knew Donald missing the debate would had some negative effect.

This is less missing the debate and more the loss in Iowa. If those polls hadn't shifted at the last moment to show him winning his NH numbers wouldn't have moved an inch after the result. Expectations just got shifted at the last possible second and he had no chance at meeting them.

It's a horrible poll, with poor methodology. And it's a national poll, which poses it's own sets of problems. The few NH polls that have come out have been pretty steady.

I hope Trump senpai notices me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom