• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

User1608

Banned
We can't worry about that right now. We just can't. I'm not worried about the debate barring her fainting on stage. She needs to talk policy and show her contrast to Trump. That's it.

Also Trump is a fucking idiot.

https://twitter.com/ABCPolitics/status/778348529999765504
Agreed. We have to remain calm. I've been watching some cool movie, gaming analysis and reviews to help with the election anxiety:)

And yeah, he is. Goddamn!

We can't worry about that right now. We just can't. I'm not worried about the debate barring her fainting on stage. She needs to talk policy and show her contrast to Trump. That's it.

Also Trump is a fucking idiot.

https://twitter.com/ABCPolitics/status/778348529999765504

He's projecting his business approach to governance and anyone with any level of modest intelligence or isn't hopelessly corrupted by him already can see what a cynical and weak approach that is to interational cooperation and foreign policy.

The issue with working with other people's money is that they then expect a return on that investment, which by the way may not be aligned with your goals and can undermine the entire effort.

I want the entire foreign policy debate to be about NATO and his view of American/European/Eurasian relations because Trump is downright BANANAS on this in a way that we have never ever seen before in a serious candidate.

mo60

Holy shit.

We keep talking about "Will this finally sink Trump" and I'm at a point where I'm convinced Trump's floor is around 42%, but I can't see the ceiling being much higher. Clinton will probably finish around 50 while Johnson and Stein fight over table scraps.

Yeah. I think trump may be the first republican candidate in 20 years to not break 45% of the vote.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Seriously think about everything Trump is known for:

-- Doesn't pay his contractors -- Other People's Money, Folks. Okay?
-- Uses campaign funds to pay his bills -- Other People's Money, Folks. Okay?
-- Uses other people's charity donations to look like his -- Other People's Money, Folks. Okay?

Uh yeah those statements are more of the same.

His base holds him to a different standard.

Not sure why people think this is going to affect his support.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
They need to be called out for some of what they're doing like heavily weighing landline only polls and not adjusting the weight given to pollsters like Ipsos even though the pollster in question has drastically altered their methodology.

Naw, they'll just say something like, "Hey, our numbers said they had a decent chance!"

This is where I point out that per Politico, the internal Clinton memos are using the 538 models.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/clinton-campaign-memo-outlines-map-to-victory-228389

“Here’s the story that no poll can tell: Hillary Clinton has many paths to 270 electoral votes, while Donald Trump has very few. Hillary is nearly certain to win 16 ‘ blue' states, including Washington D.C., which will garner her 191 electoral votes,” writes Mook in the nearly 2,000-word memo that was blasted out in the early evening, and which was obtained by POLITICO. “If we add the five states that FiveThirtyEight.com gives Hillary a 70% or greater chance of winning (Michigan, Minnesota, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and Wisconsin), Hillary only needs 10 more electoral votes."

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Uh yeah those statements are more of the same.

His base holds him to a different standard.

Not sure why people think this is going to affect his support.

It won't affect his base, that's for sure.

However, that money comment could be played really well toward undecideds by the Hillary campaign.

Zukkoyaki

This is where I point out that per Politico, the internal Clinton memos are using the 538 models.
I'm sure their memos are using every resource they can find. 538 also makes sense considering they have her odds of winning significantly lower than anyone else. If her odds start looking good there, it's a win.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Ian Sams
‏@IanSams

Woman featured in Trump camp's testimonial video promoting Trump is person the Trump Organization pays to promote Trump. Can't make it up.

LOL Trump campaign

Boke1879

I could give to fucks about his base. You're right. They won't leave him and hold him to higher standard. Again this is about those undecideds or people still not sure.

You don't say that shit because I just think about if he IS President. What is going to do with taxpayer money? What sort of policies will he push to help himself or business buddies monetarily?

It won't affect his base, that's for sure.

However, that money comment could be played really well toward undecideds by the Hillary campaign.
Did the "Trump screwed the little guy" theme work? Most of what I've seen lately is questioning his temperament and judgement.

Nobody cares about his floor of deplorables, it's about his ceiling of undecided.

So play the "I'm your only choice, guy next to me is a nutjob, deal with it" card?

-- Uses other people's charity donations to look like his -- Other People's Money, Folks. Okay?

"Thanks for the soundbite, Don. We're gonna get a LOT of mileage out of it."

Zukkoyaki

Watching the video of Elizabeth Warren skewer the Wells Fargo dude makes me wish she were Hillary's VP candidate that much more. Can you imagine what she would do to Pence in the VP debate?!?!? Shiiiiiiittt...

Plinko

Did the "Trump screwed the little guy" theme work? Most of what I've seen lately is questioning his temperament and judgement.

Haven't seen it much at all recently. My guess is they're waiting for October to sway last-minute undecideds. That quote will help, along with the foundation scandal.

Boke1879

Watching the video of Elizabeth Warren skewer the Wells Fargo dude makes me wish she were Hillary's VP candidate that much more. Can you imagine what she would do to Pence in the VP debate?!?!? Shiiiiiiittt...

I think she's better in this role. She's an attacker. You put her in that VP slot she has to tone it down.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

"For an alleged 'billionaire' Donald Trump does a lot with other people's money "

Film it, cut it, air it. Now

NBC Nightly News just went in on the Trump donations thing. Completely negative. Called it unethical. Then, they switched to the Skittles thing, literally saying Trump was comparing Omran (with his picture) to a bowl of Skittles. And then they reported that the BBC talked to the guy who had taken that picture, he himself is a refugee.

Slayven

IF this is a horse race what would they call Obama and Romney today?

Obama-vs-Romney-Graph-Oct-19-2011-RealClearPolitics.gif

Loudninja

NBC Nightly News just went in on the Trump donations thing. Completely negative. Called it unethical. Then, they switched to the Skittles thing, literally saying Trump was comparing Omran (with his picture) to a bowl of Skittles. And then they reported that the BBC talked to the guy who had taken that picture, he himself is a refugee.
Good.

Joeytj

Banned

Holy shit. Preview of Holt's moderating performance next Monday?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

Good. Now don't fucking let up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom