• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loudninja

Lisa Boyne, a health food business entrepreneur, described a disturbing episode in the mid-1990s: While at a restaurant with her and others, she said Trump paraded women in front of their table, looked under women’s skirts, and commented on whether they were wearing underwear.

“It was the most offensive scene I’ve ever been a part of,” Boyne told The Huffington Post on Thursday. “I wanted to get the heck out of there.”

One night that summer, Boyne said that Morgan, who was well-connected in New York’s elite social circles, invited her to dinner in Lower Manhattan with Trump and John Casablancas, the famed modeling agent who died in 2013. Trump and Morgan picked Boyne up at her apartment.

According to Boyne, Trump dominated the conversation in the limo, boasting of his sexual conquests and rating their attractiveness.

“He was constantly talking about himself, who he was dating, who he was sleeping with, who he was trying to sleep with,” Boyne said. “I just remember feeling very surprised and upset.”

Once at the restaurant, the group met up with Casablancas, who had brought along five or six models. It quickly became clear to Boyne that this was an opportunity for Trump to meet young, attractive women. Months earlier, Trump’s then-wife Marla Maples had allegedly been caught sleeping with a bodyguard. (Trump and Maples would officially divorce in 1997.)

According to Boyne, the group was seated at a semi-circular table, with the women in the middle and Trump and Casablancas flanking either end. The women couldn’t get out of their seats without one of the men getting up ― which they refused to do. Instead, Boyne said, Trump insisted that the women walk across the table, allowing him to peer up their skirts while they did so. Trump “stuck his head right underneath their skirts,” Boyne said, and commented on whether they were wearing underwear and what their genitalia looked like.

Boyne said that Trump never made any such advance on her. “I’m not a model. He wasn’t interested in me,” she said.

posted?
Ughh

True, I mean who would want to immigrate to Ohio.

Ohio is like any state. There's great parts and bad parts. My neighborhood literally will vote over 80% for Hillary. Probably 90% plus.

Edit: just looked up my precinct results from 2012:

Obama 783
Romney 102
Johnson 13
Stein 3

Joeytj

Banned
So, pussy tape either:

- hasn't hurt downballots;

- takes longer to reflect on state polls (for whatever reason);

The latter, most likely.

It's been repeated ad nauseam: State polls take longer to react to big news, and even if Ohio didn't react to the tape, Hillary was still leading Ohio in the poll average after the first debate.

So chill. We just got a poll with Hillary +9 in OH yesterday. And things have only gotten worse for Trump.

Qwerty710710

a child left behind
Ok I can see the changing demographics but Obama carried the state twice by over 150,000 votes each time. I guess unions are dying in Ohio too.

kevin1025

Banned
Jake Tapper just turned Kayleigh McEnany against herself. On Sunday after the debate she was using the Bill Clinton accusers to a certain standard, and just now used these Trump accusers in the opposite way. Tapper questioned her on it, and she had to fumble around.

Honestly, I see both Burr and McCrory pulling out wins in North Carolina. That state has repeatedly proven to be even more stupid than Florida.

Burr? Possibly. McCrory? No chance. The only reason he was able to win in 2012 was because he ran as a "moderate" Republican that was once the mayor North Carolina's largest city. He was carried in by winning Wake (Raleigh) and Mecklenburg (Charlotte) counties. The cat's out of the bag now, and he'll get steamrolled this November.

Also, it's somewhat hard for Republicans to win the governorship in NC, even after the shift that occurred after 1964. It also helps that our state elections are held during presidential years.

SexyFish

Banned
@Acosta
A Trump supporter left behind this sign on media table in press pen. Shows swastika with word "media"
CurIwtrXgAAhKWq.jpg

Trump supporters sure aren't deplorable. Nope. No way.

johnsmith

remember me
Uh. What. This is a new one.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=41838222&ni...chairmans-claim-of-a-clinton-illegitimate-son

A CNN anchor shut down Utah Republican Party Chairman James Evans when he claimed during a live television interview Thursday that Bill Clinton has an illegitimate son.

"No, no, no. Come on. Oh, please, no. That's just rubbish," host Carol Costello responds. "He does not have an illegitimate son. You have no proof of that."

"How do you know this? Have him on the air," Evans replies before Costello puts her hand up and cuts to a break as Evans continues to talk.

NeoXChaos

Burr? Possibly. McCrory? No chance. The only reason he was able to win in 2012 was because he ran as a "moderate" Republican that was once the mayor North Carolina's largest city. He was carried in by winning Wake (Raleigh) and Mecklenburg (Charlotte) counties. The cat's out of the bag now, and he'll get steamrolled this November.

Also, it's somewhat hard for Republicans to win the governorship in NC, even after the shift that occurred after 1964. It also helps that our state elections are held during presidential years.

he was the first Republican elected since 1993.

Anyone else think that these accusations are coming out way too fast? The public won't have any time to digest any of them and two weeks from now will probably only remember the pussygate thing.

Or maybe drowning trump in constant controversy until the 9th will keep him down even though there isn't enough time for a particular one to break through?

Cyanity

Banned
Meh. I mean, the museum has a "recommended" admission, so you could argue that the money WAS a donation. Also, it's $100.

Keep digging!

This is not "meh" just because the dollar amounts are small. Read the redt of Farenthold's tweets. Trump shows an almost immediate pattern of using foundation funds to pay for small personal items. This is evidence that can be used in a fraud charge. Not meh at all.

Syncytia

Anyone else think that these accusations are coming out way too fast? The public won't have any time to digest any of them and two weeks from now will probably only remember the pussygate thing.

Or maybe drowning trump in constant controversy until the 9th will keep him down even though there isn't enough time for a particular one to break through?

It was always going to be an avalanche. Once one or a couple come out publicly, it gives other confidence to come. You can't really control it at this point.

This is not "meh" just because the dollar amounts are small. Read the redt of Farenthold's tweets. Trump shows an almost immediate pattern of using foundation funds to pay for small personal items. This is evidence that can be used in a fraud charge. Not meh at all.

Exactly. A museum membership has a market value. The foundation is giving the owner of the foundation gifts. This is self dealing and this is fraud, period.

Joeytj

Banned

These aren't even the things that were planned from the Clinton campaign or others.

All of these are just tv shows, media outlets and news org fighting to get the latest "Trump tape" out there, because they saw how Access Hollywood was beaten to their own scoop by the WaPo.

The real nasty stuff, supposedly, hasn't even been released yet.

Oriel

How is North Carolina more bluer than Ohio??? That makes no sense to me.

The rust-belt getting rustier perhaps. Well educated upper middle class types moving to southern and south-eastern states creating a shift in demographics. We've seen Trump focus heavily on places like Ohio and Penn which have suffered due to the decline of blue collar manufacturing jobs so they could be conceivably be slowly turning red in the years ahead. Just a guess on my part though.

thebloo

Yes. But on the election scale, it's pretty "meh". Sadly.

I do hope that Farenthold gets the recognition he deserves after the election. He's exactly what a Journalist should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom