• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT4| Tyler New Chief Exit Pollster at CNN

Status
Not open for further replies.

teiresias

Hot Sauce thread got shut down before I could post this....so I guess here is the best place.
HzXTwz2.jpg

This always annoys me, because that's clearly toast.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Can we not use bullshit sources like USUncut?

Here's a better piece on it.

Board of Elections Executive Director Michael Ryan confirmed he had been contacted by the mayor's staff and he shared with WNYC the same explanation he said he gave them.

“Brooklyn was a little behind with their list maintenance tasks,” said Ryan, who said the other boroughs update their lists on a rolling basis.

That backlog meant the Brooklyn voter rolls needed a major clean up. The board can only remove people from its lists at certain times of year. There are blackout periods that exist 90 days before federal elections.

Ryan said Brooklyn election officials fell 6 months to a year behind updating their voter rolls.

Asked how the borough could be allowed to lag so far behind the rest of the city and state, Ryan replied, “Because there are other things going on at the same time. For example, when we are doing an election, which we did in November. We're not doing list maintenance tasks.”

“My simple point is, when there is an election event,” said Ryan, “work stops getting done.”

If you move and don't update, or don't vote for 5 years straight, you get purged. Everyone in Brooklyn is always moving around and the board of elections just fell behind. There's no conspiracy here, only lazy ass bureaucracy trying to play catch up.

Seriously though, usuncut is as bullshit as the Intercept. If you want to post stories use real news sources.

The hearing on whether or not indies can vote in the primary will happen at 2PM. The organizer of ELECTION JUSTICE USA (which has only existed for 2 weeks) is telling people to fill out provisionals saying that if the ruling is in their favor, they will count provisionals.

The caveat is that if they rule against you (which is likely), you're risking perjury by filling one out.

Tulsi retweeted one of these posts telling peopld to do that.

What is their challenge? Its a primary, there's no right to vote.

studyguy

Here comes the apologist brigade with the 'technicalities,' gawd!

Also it's a real bad look when social media is basically full damage control a day before the primary actually happens looking to find any excuse for an expected loss.

RedSwirl

There doesn't seem to be an "EconomyGAF" so I guess I'll just ask here.

In a thread a long while back I remember seeing someone post a chart displaying rising company profits throughout the US having a direct correlation with falling costs -- i.e., laying people off. This was shown as proof that while profits for a lot of companies were up and the economy was technically growing, the job market wasn't. I think that was years ago though.

I'm wondering if anybody has any updated data on the current situation -- things like the growth of the economy versus the job market versus business costs and whatnot. On the news sometimes these days you see reports about how wages are inching upwards but I haven't seen much more than that.

Teggy

Its an old black stereotype, but the Beyonce Formation song/video popularized the bag lyric (swag). It IS pandering to go on the breakfast club and drop that - but politics is pandering.

I don't really see the issue outside of a little cringey-ness.

How is it pandering if it's true?

I can destroy all of you when it comes to hot sauce. The spiciest food I've eaten yet is Sun Du Bu (Anthony Bourdain link). Its a boiling hot, spicy tofu magma that sets your insides on fire. And I love it. I can go even further than the spiciest level available for this food.

But if you're trying it out for the first time go with medium level.

I would eat that. I can eat some spicy foods. I personally love the burn that makes you breath in. Though you sound like you can go a notch up from where I enjoy eating spice.

lmao you just ruined that for me.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
That people's votes are being suppressed. The only way their arguments works IMO is if they prove the state did something wrong here.

Unfortunately Brooklyn being lazy with updating their voter rolls and doing it all at once is going to fuel that conspiracy for a long while.

Tulsi retweeted one of these posts telling peopld to do that.

What is their challenge? Its a primary, there's no right to vote.

It's asinine. It's a democrat primary. Get over it.

The next step is for Sanders to demand primary changes at the convention. I hope they are denied. And to be honest I'd be fine with him not getting a speaking slot at the convention.

I think most of the people claiming their registration was changed are just people who forgot or weren't paying attention to when the NY registration deadline was and are now crying corruption or claim that they were cheated. Bernie has essentially endorsed a widespread victim complex so it wouldn't be surprising if that was actually what was happening.

It's still pretty indefensible that the primary deadline is so early honestly. No matter how you look at it I think the democratic party should be making it easier for people to join in rather than harder. CT handles this a lot better.

NeoXChaos

It's asinine. It's a democrat primary. Get over it.

The next step is for Sanders to demand primary changes at the convention. I hope they are denied. And to be honest I'd be fine with him not getting a speaking slot at the convention.

and they knew the process and calendar going into this. They have no right to complain.

The hearing on whether or not indies can vote in the primary will happen at 2PM. The organizer of ELECTION JUSTICE USA (which has only existed for 2 weeks) is telling people to fill out provisionals saying that if the ruling is in their favor, they will count provisionals.

The caveat is that if they rule against you (which is likely), you're risking perjury by filling one out.

I assume it's perjury because they are likely putting down incorrect voting information for the provisionals?

Proof of voter registration forms being forged.

Also an interesting message from Anonymous:
Someone impersonating another voter is voter fraud, not a conspiracy against Sanders.

And you mean the word "electioneering" is from more than just an old Radiohead song? Neat!
Bernie supporters are going to start pushing for Voter ID, aren't they?

Sigh...
Forgive them, as they know not what they do.

How did you manage to find a video with a 100 views and only one subscriber to the channel....you know what don't answer that.

If you want to claim the lady is lying and that the lawsuit going on right now is fraudulent, go ahead and discuss it, but I'm a little tired with the constant personal attacks...

Also I should mention this is also happening to Hillary supports so don't even pretend I'm whining cuz Bernie, these are legitimate issues.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So you claim that the lady in the video is lying? The lawsuit being filed is fraudulent?

I think the video is bullshit. Bernie voters aren't getting purged. If you move and don't update your address you get purged from the rolls because you don't live where you used to. You're posting conspiracy theory shit here and acting like it's real. If you want to be taken seriously then use actual news sources. Not conspiracy level crap.

Sianos

Is SauceGate unironically happening? Is the right wing really so politically correct that it's attacking Hillary over saying that she carries hot sauce in her purse? Really?

Not only is it an utterly ridiculous claim for them to make that they are offended by her condiment choice, but they factually have no basis to stand on because having hot sauce in your purse is super rad. It really does enhance so, so many foods, it clears your sinuses, it gives you life and spirit through its kick.

Nonsense like this is why Hillary tends to be so reserved and calculated - she has to be.

I think the video is bullshit. Bernie voters aren't getting purged. If you move and don't update your address you get purged from the rolls because you don't live where you used to. You're posting conspiracy theory shit here and acting like it's real.

Really now, the mayor of New York is engaging in conspiracy theories?

http://usuncut.com/politics/nyc-mayor-responds-to-brooklyn-voter-purge/

Once again, this affects Hillary voters too, who I like has nothing to do with the issue!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Really now, the mayor of New York is engaging in conspiracy theories?

http://usuncut.com/politics/nyc-mayor-responds-to-brooklyn-voter-purge/

Are you kidding me with this? We went through this already!

USE A REAL NEWS SOURCE, THAT SOURCE IS BULLSHIT AND LEAVES OUT HALF THE STORY.

Here's a actual piece on it.

Board of Elections Executive Director Michael Ryan confirmed he had been contacted by the mayor's staff and he shared with WNYC the same explanation he said he gave them.

“Brooklyn was a little behind with their list maintenance tasks,” said Ryan, who said the other boroughs update their lists on a rolling basis.

That backlog meant the Brooklyn voter rolls needed a major clean up. The board can only remove people from its lists at certain times of year. There are blackout periods that exist 90 days before federal elections.

Ryan said Brooklyn election officials fell 6 months to a year behind updating their voter rolls.

Asked how the borough could be allowed to lag so far behind the rest of the city and state, Ryan replied, “Because there are other things going on at the same time. For example, when we are doing an election, which we did in November. We're not doing list maintenance tasks.”

“My simple point is, when there is an election event,” said Ryan, “work stops getting done.”

THAT IS A REAL NEWS SOURCE.

>Brings highly questionable video to show a very extraordinary claim that Hillary is rigging the election

>Gets offended when people question and highly scrutinize the random video

>Responds by posting alternative news sources to back up his opinion

This is fun

Yes. You are lying by casting a ballot because you know you're not registered to properly participate.

Oh this is really fun

Is SauceGate unironically happening? Is the right wing really so politically correct that it's attacking Hillary over saying that she carries hot sauce in her purse? Really?

Not only is it an utterly ridiculous claim for them to make that they are offended by her condiment choice, but they factually have no basis to stand on because having hot sauce in your purse is super rad. It really does enhance so, so many foods, it clears your sinuses, it gives you life and spirit through its kick.

Nonsense like this is why Hillary tends to be so reserved and calculated - she has to be.

Reads like an old timey advertisement for even old timier medicine tbh

And yeah, this is why I don't get at all worked up about her coming off as "rehearsed" or whatever. It's because there actually, really is a conspiracy to twist everything she says and does against her, lol.

>Brings highly questionable video to show a very extraordinary claim that Hillary is rigging the election

This is fun

Oh this is really fun
Pls stop. He's getting very tired of these personal attacks.

This is fun

Oh this is really fun

I didn't claim the election is being rigged for Hillary, in fact I said three times that this affects Hillary voters too and that my preference does not matter.

I am not offended.

Attacking the source is weak, respond to the issue at hand.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I didn't claim the election is being rigged for Hillary, in fact I said three times that this affects Hillary voters too and that my preference does not matter.

I am not offended.

Attacking the source is weak, respond to the issue at hand.

I DID, YOU IGNORED IT.

TRY READING ALL OF THIS.

Or maybe just the explaination:

Holmes

This just goes to show that New York really is their last stand, but their pre-emptive concessions and excuses also mean that they're going to be more fired up to continue and try to burn the system down with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom