• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.

HUELEN10

Speculation Time!

Had this primary been a two horse race, between Martin O'malley and Clinton, would he have collected more, less, or about the same amount of delegates as Bernie

Less. sanders appeals to the "crazy NPA people" like me, enough to get the to temp change a party to vote in primaries for them.

teiresias

That response from the White House is some damn ether. I hope there are some major calls going out to supers to end this after tonight.

HUELEN10

Your posts should probably begin and end here.
But that would be picking and choosing a view point, I absolutely believe that he should apologize for shit he didn't do, no one should. Maybe some people here consider it arrogant or naive, but apologies are only scincere if you actually make them, and you can't make scincere apologize for ills someone else has made.

And I don't know about some of you guys, but if it is not a real, scincere apology, it has no value and I don't want it.

TheFatOne

I still think Bernie is a true believer. I think there's some fuckery going on at the higher levels of his campaign that he's willfully ignoring though

The only thing Bernie truly believes in is himself. He's always been one of these idiots that you are either with him 100% or you are part of the system. Love all the bullshit he talks about how he can help minority voters when he hasn't done jack shit for them in his own state. Vermont black population is about 1.2% yet they make up 10% of the prison population. It's one of the reasons why I never bought into his bullshit. He thinks that if he somehow solves the big bad bank issues that racism will suddenly cure itself. He's pretty much ignored all of Weavers bullshit so I'm starting to believe that it's actually coming from Sanders himself, and Weaver is just the conduit. Great thing is that in 6 months he's going to be forgotten completely.

Sanders should do some more condemning

which is to say he should provide a Standard Order of Demolition for his own campaign because it's clearly in dilapidated condition without any hope of repair

My summary of the Nevada Democratic Caucus process:

• After being crushed by Bernie in the New Hampshire (NH) primary (won 63% of delegates), it appears the Nevada (NV) Democratic Party pulled every trick in the book to counteract that win, such as allowing all and sundry to vote in the NV caucus ("They will register after" - see Twitter post/video, below - yeah, we totally believe you!), and they largely succeeded in their goal, wiping out five of the six delegates Bernie gained in NH:

• Despite the 20 / 15 result, and with strict adherence to NV Democratic Caucus rules, by merely showing up in full force to the county level conventions, Bernie supporters actually managed to score a larger number of delegates (2124 vs 1722) for the NV state convention, which doesn't mean Bernie would be able to reverse the nationally awarded pledged delegate result, but perhaps narrow the split to a more favorable 18 / 17 (source: Snopes).
  • So on May 14th, the NV state convention comes around, and it appears the NV Democratic Party was not at all happy with how things went at the county level, and in a bid to counteract this setback, they simply claimed a chunk (64) of Bernie's delegates didn't have the correct paperwork, and excluded 58 of them from the convention, which is significant, as Hillary only won the state convention by 33, with the upshot being Hillary has a net two delegate win (1695 / 1662). Kyle has a nice summary of how this went down: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvj9FXJkZO8.
  • More importantly, what happened to Bernie's state delegate advantage? Hillary surrogate NV DNC Chair Roberta Lange is what happened:

At around 9:30 am, while many delegates were still in line to get in, the Nevada Convention Democrat Chairman Roberta Lange decided to hold a quick “voice vote” about whether to change the rules of the entire process. The vote was to essentially disregard the results of the second-tier county conventions — where Sanders’ had won —and only to only accept the results of the first-tier caucus that Clinton had won.

So the DNC (NV) simply couldn't stand the thought of Bernie gaining a little "retroactive momentum" and put themselves through all this acrimony, just for the sake of a few delegates, when Hillary's ahead by 280? Now that is what I call pathetic!

NOTE: No PS3's were sullied in the production of this post (as reading monster article on election fraud, just for Cerium - post incoming) ;).

You really can't compare Bernie Sanders to Gamergate. You can draw comparisons in how Internet/Social media/online harassment works and manifests, but don't seriously connect the two. Gamergate is a billion times worse.

Anyway, as I've said in this thread and others, I've supported Sanders since he started his campaign and it's sad that he's let it get to this point. Either way, I can't handle politics anymore so peace see you in the GE HillaryGAF.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I tend to try to resist getting into the sort of psychoanalyzing of candidates, with the whole "they're doing this because they think like this..." line of thinking, but it's hard not to see Sanders and be reminded of a few people I know who have been incapable of admitting when they're wrong. It's frustrating to see, and doubly frustrating when it's someone you agree with. Sometimes you have to be willing to take losses, even if you don't think it's fair, or you don't think the other person deserves the win, because it puts you in a better position later.

Exactly. I'm basing my assessment on Bernie from people who have worked with him in the past, such as Barney Frank. He's so damn sure he's right about everything he simply can't seem to fathom that he could be wrong. During debates, he often says "People may not agree with me, and that's fine." Sometimes, though, it's you that don't agree with the people. Learning how to moderate, connect and admit when you're out of step is something a leader needs to be able to do. Bernie hasn't shown an ability to do that.

I'm sure this is hard for Bernie to take. His entire world view is, in a way, being challenged. He thinks that everyone agrees with him, and since people aren't agreeing...then something in the process has to be wrong because it simply CAN'T be him or his ideas.

Iolo

The polls in the Western part of KY don't close until 6 PM CST, so it will be 7 PM EST before the whole state is closed.

That makes sense. Results may trickle in after 6PM EST then, but it could be a long night before we get a call, due to the lack of exit polls.

That response from the White House is some damn ether. I hope there are some major calls going out to supers to end this after tonight.

Hmm? Where is that response?

I don't know why anyone would attack Brainchild for some sort of perceived Bernie Bias in this case, just because he/she is defending the Bernie camp's claim on those extra delegates. I believe Brainchild has always expressed the opinion that it's okay to try to game the political process for an advantage, provided you stay within the letter of the law. That's why he/she has spent so much time arguing in defense of the joint Clinton-DNC fundraising deal from last month. In both cases, candidates were gaming the rules for an advantage, but never actually broke any rules. Making sure the letter of the law is upheld is the most important thing, after all.

Wilsongt

Daniel B·;203932827 said:
My summary of the Nevada Democratic Caucus process:

• After being crushed by Bernie in the New Hampshire (NH) primary (won 63% of delegates), it appears the Nevada (NV) Democratic Party pulled every trick in the book to counteract that win, such as allowing all and sundry to vote in the NV caucus ("They will register after" - see Twitter post/video, below - yeah, we totally believe you!), and they largely succeeded in their goal, wiping out five of the six delegates Bernie gained in NH:

• Despite the 20 / 15 result, and with strict adherence to NV Democratic Caucus rules, by merely showing up in full force to the county level conventions, Bernie supporters actually managed to score a larger number of delegates (2124 vs 1722) for the NV state convention, which doesn't mean Bernie would be able to reverse the nationally awarded pledged delegate result, but perhaps narrow the split to a more favorable 18 / 17 (source: Snopes).
  • So on May 14th, the NV state convention comes around, and it appears the NV Democratic Party was not at all happy with how things went at the county level, and in a bid to counteract this setback, they simply claimed a chunk (64) of Bernie's delegates didn't have the correct paperwork, and excluded 58 of them from the convention, which is significant, as Hillary only won the state convention by 33, with the upshot being Hillary has a net two delegate win (1695 / 1662). Kyle has a nice summary of how this went down: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvj9FXJkZO8.
  • More importantly, what happened to Bernie's state delegate advantage? Hillary surrogate Barbara Boxer is what happened:

So the DNC (NV) simply couldn't stand the thought of Bernie gaining a little "retroactive momentum" and put themselves through all this acrimony, for the sake of a few delegates, when Hillary's ahead by 280? Now that is what I call pathetic!

NOTE: No PS3's were sullied in the production of this post (as reading monster article on election fraud, just for Cerium - post incoming) ;).

Still using Breitbart?

Oh boy.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
You really can't compare Bernie Sanders to Gamergate. You can draw comparisons in how Internet/Social media/online harassment works and manifests, but don't seriously connect the two. Gamergate is a billion times worse.

Anyway, as I've said in this thread and others, I've supported Sanders since he started his campaign and it's sad that he's let it get to this point. Either way, I can't handle politics anymore so peace see you in the GE HillaryGAF.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Most harassment campaigns don't try to present a legitimate front. I think that's where any comparison takes form. Most chan fuckery doesn't bother trying to say "no its not us gosh honest we wouldn't do something like that" (and to be clear, I'm not saying his campaign is actively involved in this, but that attitude from the top percolates down to his actual "supporters" who echo the line)

¯_(ツ)_/¯

I say this every day. Yet I can't stop. Please. Kill me.

But where do the rules say that a motion has to be considered, even if it meets the 20% requirement?

According to the Parliamentary Authority found in section IV. a. the body is governed by The Charter and bylaws of the Democratic Party and the most recent edition of Robert's Rules of Order. According to such authorities, incidental motions such as Points of Order must be acknowledged if there is an appeal from the ruling of the chair (which there was).

The truth is that the chair conducted much of the convention without regard to any parliamentary procedure but her own, and the Sanders supporters were right to protest such conduct.

I do not condone the acts of the extremists AFTER the convention, but DURING the convention, it is the NSDP that was in the wrong, not the Sanders supporters ( except for the ones who didn't register on time).

Iolo

I don't know why anyone would attack Brainchild for some sort of perceived Bernie Bias in this case, just because he/she is defending the Bernie camp's claim on those extra delegates. I believe Brainchild has always expressed the opinion that it's okay to try to game the political process for an advantage, provided you stay within the letter of the law. That's why he/she has spent so much time arguing in defense of the joint Clinton-DNC fundraising deal from last month. In both cases, candidates were gaming the rules for an advantage, but never actually broke any rules. Making sure the letter of the law is upheld is the most important thing, after all.

Is it okay if we are unhappy about equating losing a couple delegates with death threats to women and children, though

HUELEN10

According to the Parliamentary Authority found in section IV. a. the body is governed by The Charter and bylaws of the Democratic Party and the most recent edition of Robert's Rules of Order. According to such authorities, incidental motions such as Points of Order must be acknowledged if there is an appeal from the ruling of the chair (which there was).

The truth is that the chair conducted much of the convention without regard to any parliamentary procedure but her own, and the Sanders supporters were right to protest such conduct.

I do not condone the acts of the extremists AFTER the convention, but DURING the convention, it is the NSDP that was in the wrong, not the Sanders supporters (accept for the ones who didn't register on time).

Thank you for posting this.

Again as for me, I don't condone violence, I condemn it, but as far as lack of Sanders apologies go and some of what happened during the convention, this does put it in perspective, specifically of Danders alluding to them not following rules.

Again, not condoning any violence, and again, I condemn it. And Sanders should have condemned it more too.

This is exactly right. I'm TOTALLY FINE with Hillary winning Nevada. SHE WON NEVADA FAIR AND SQUARE.

However, the process on Saturday was completely fucked and indefensible, IMO.

Cerium

I do not condone the acts of the extremists AFTER the convention, but DURING the convention, it is the NSDP that was in the wrong, not the Sanders supporters (accept for the ones who didn't register on time).

STOP. BLAMING. VICTIMS.

How hard is this? Are you really that far gone? Disgusting.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions

So acting like Children during the convention is ok?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Hillary should just give Bernie the 2 delegates this bullshit is about. He already lost more supers because of this garbage. This is such an unnecessary distraction and a waste of time. I can't believe the Democratic party is the party that can't get behind its candidate when the race has been over for months.

I had my 30th birthday this past weekend and i wanted a pinata so i made a trump one.
iuvNXGz.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s1JoR-pW8Q

It was a good day.

Nice work! That Brock statue is dope too.

HUELEN10

More like I'll couch surf with my aunt's family in Canada

If you like Canada so much, you should have voted for Ted Cruz. :p

Kidding of course. Now I know a lot of people say that if X wins the presidency, they are moving to Y, but statistically with actual sizable numbers, does it ever truly happen?

Brainchild never condoned the actions of violence, and neither did Sanders' statement. I believe he (Sanders) should have condemned things more, but the statement as a whole doesn't condone bad actions.

I think some of you are mis-reading what has been said.

People are reading what he doesn't say.

Manipulating an electorate is like jazz, man. It's the notes you don't play.

Hillary should just give Bernie the 2 delegates this bullshit is about. He already lost more supers because of this garbage. This is such an unnecessary distraction and a waste of time. I can't believe the Democratic party is the party that can't get behind its candidate when the race has been over for months.

I think this would be interesting. On one hand, it rewards the violence of Sanders' followers. On the otherhand, it's a good gesture for demonstrating how pathetic and reality warped Sanders camp has become thinking he has a chance that Hillary can just start handing him delegates like it's nothing.

tumblr_nkkh5gy3be1sojw5vo1_500.gif

STOP. BLAMING. VICTIMS.

How hard is this? Are you really that far gone? Disgusting.

I am absolutely not making the argument that the victims of harassment got what was coming to them. That's victim blaming.

I'm merely saying that the NSDP was in the wrong during the convention. Not that they deserve violence. I have condemned the violence several times more. You're seeing what you want to see.

So acting like Children during the convention is ok?

I don't think the majority were acting like children. I've personally reviewed six hours worth of footage during the convention (much of which I saw live), and their reactions were perfectly reasonable for the most part.

don't tell any of the more fervent bernie supporters that *finger wags*

pompidu

While I'm not really "behind" any canidate at the moment, at least Bernie seems to care about people. Hilary doesn't care about the people. And Trump is the worst canidate I think I've ever seen, just an all around terrible human being.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom