• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT5| Archdemon Hillary Clinton vs. Lice Traffic Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.
CirhJEcWgAAjPwn.jpg:large

tumblr_m02lv7eBuU1qlvwnco1_400.gif

Who would have guessed it'd be the Democrat who was the one who had the largest meltdown before dropping out?

When Ted Cruz drops out with more grace than you, you might want to re-evaluate your priorities.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Jesus christ, I'm not sure if Bernie literally could have handled that worse.

Oh my god. The DNC is just going to straight up cut him out completely. They have no reason not to anymore. He just threw away any good will he had. How could he be this stupid? How!? Does he hate his job? Does he want to be completely alienated in the Senate?
At a guess he's still drunk on his own KoolAid?

What did HE do? Of course there's no apology, he didn't do jack shit. Why should he apologize for it?

He definitely should have done a lot more condemning though, dammit Sanders.

He is the only person on the planet who could stop this, but he refuses to speak out because he is putting politics and ego ahead of basic decency and any concern for safety.

Every second that he strings this along he exposes himself as the precise type of politician that he speaks out against.

Hey, remember when I joked about finding a nice young female assistant district attorney with ambition in Vermont (I'd add in minority - but lolVermont) a few weeks ago? I'm less joking now.

I see nothing objectionable about this statement. He condemned the egregious offenders and called out the NSDP for misconduct. It is exactly what he should have done. If the conventions are conducted unfairly, Sanders supporters have every right to protest.

If this happens in Philadelphia, me and every Bernie supporter that I know (many who intended to vote for Hillary Clinton) will not be supporting the Democratic nominee in the general election. You cannot clearly violate your own rules on the national level and then expect everyone to fall in line.

I see nothing objectionable about this statement. He condemned the egregious offenders and called out the NSDP for misconduct. It is exactly what he should have done. If the conventions are conducted unfairly, Sanders supporters have every right to protest.

If this happens in Philadelphia, me and every Bernie supporter that I know (many who intended to vote for Hillary Clinton) will not be supporting the Democratic nominee in the general election. You cannot clearly violate your own rules on the national level and then expect everyone to fall in line.

The only rule that was violated was the rule that if Bernie loses, it's a establishment conspiracy.

Bernie delegates need to learn they won't get their way just because they're shouting louder.

No rules were broken.

Emarv

A start would be to sound a little more apologetic and sympathetic to those abused and urging his most radical supporters to tone it down to deter escalation.

Instead he spends one sentence on it and then goes back to being the victim.

I'd love to know how he knows it was a clear 'no' vote. You can't gauge it from the volume of a video. Because that doesn't tell you that more people were shouting no, than shouted aye.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions

Of course you don't. Is there anything Sanders can do wrong in your eyes? I'd love to see some examples.

A start would be to sound a little more apologetic and sympathetic to those abused and urging his most radical supporters to tone it down to deter escalation.

Not only that but he implies he's the real victim of violence.

The part of that statement that I didn't like was the "hey, sure, bad stuff happened, but bad stuff has happened to my campaign, too!" part. That's a non sequitur, Bernie!

I'm going to have to disagree with you here. The behavior of his supporters in Nevada was not acceptable in any way shape or form. Instead of simply taking responsibility for something, Bernie does what he's done this entire cycle...follows it up with "But Hillary/DNC/DWS/FRAUD!" The buck HAS to stop somewhere. And he is the captain of this ship. He totally could have just come out and said that type of behavior is reprehensible. But he didn't. He tries to blame other people. Sometime damage control involves taking the damn L once in a while.

There was nothing unfair about the convention in NV except that Bernie didn't win and, therefore, it's suspect. (Even though he didn't win the state.)

hawk2025

The part of that statement that I didn't like was the "hey, sure, bad stuff happened, but bad stuff has happened to my campaign, too!" part. That's a non sequitur, Bernie!

That whole paragraph is the perfect summation of his campaign's rhetoric.

They see ghosts and persecution everywhere, and use it to justify their bullshit.

Iolo

I don't know whether to be angry or sad about this.

I don't blame her, but in retrospect it is looking like a strategic mistake for Hillary not to have dropped her oppo research on Bernie, or at least take him more seriously, months ago. But, we could not have known he would try to take the party down with him on the way down.

I've given up on Bernie conceding gracefully, let alone condemning violence, but I hope the majority of his supporters will come around.

I had read that somewhere between D +6 and +7 would do it. I was pretty optimistic about hitting that margin, honestly. These last few polls have been sobering.

just gonna point out that i'm expecting D+6 or D+7 even factoring in these recent polls (but excluding Gravis because they're Gravis)

(also that this is literally just the "GOP finally coalescing" sequence combining with an inexplicable uptick in undecideds... and yet she's still up ~4 in the aggregate)

it's going to happen to Clinton in a month

The only rule that was violated was the rule that if Bernie loses, it's a establishment conspiracy.

Bernie delegates need to learn they won't get their way just because they're shouting louder.

No rules were broken.

I'd love to know how he knows it was a clear 'no' vote. You can't gauge it from the volume of a video. Because that doesn't tell you that more people were shouting no, than shouted aye.

Of course you don't. Is there anything Sanders can do wrong in your eyes? I'd love to see some examples.

I'm going to have to disagree with you here. The behavior of his supporters in Nevada was not acceptable in any way shape or form. Instead of simply taking responsibility for something, Bernie does what he's done this entire cycle...follows it up with "But Hillary/DNC/DWS/FRAUD!" The buck HAS to stop somewhere. And he is the captain of this ship. He totally could have just come out and said that type of behavior is reprehensible. But he didn't. He tries to blame other people. Sometime damage control involves taking the damn L once in a while.

There was nothing unfair about the convention in NV except that Bernie didn't win and, therefore, it's suspect. (Even though he didn't win the state.)

Setting aside the nefarious actions taken by the chair, the failure to consider the submission of the Amendment petition is in violation of the state convention rules per Section VII. d.

http://action.nvdems.com/page/-/2016_Digital/2016 Convention Rules FINAL.pdf

The petition was drafted before the convention, as the Sanders delegates were well aware of the ridiculous temporary rules.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
All he had to say, all he had to say, was "I know some people engage in violence and harassment in the name of my campaign. To those people I want to say: please do not support me, or act as though you represent me"

That's so incredibly basic

Ondore

So I have to ask, just how much noise will Air Force One make when it lands in Burlington? And do they have a band gazebo there, or will one need to be built?

I see nothing objectionable about this statement.

Well there's a SHOCKER there.

He condemned the egregious offenders and called out the NSDP for misconduct. It is exactly what he should have done. If the conventions are conducted unfairly, Sanders supporters have every right to protest.

Ah yes, the gold ol' condemn the behavior but then turn around and claim YOUR side is the victim. Classy

Go ahead, this election results clearly show there are nowhere near as many of you as you'd like to believe. In fact, I'd rather Hilary NOT get elected in partially by a group of people who cry "CONSPIRACY!" and "ITS A HIT PIECE BY THE ESTABLISHMENT!" every time their Golden Boy fucks up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom