• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kusagari

Inside the West Wing, knowing what is in the executive orders is almost impossible for some aides, staffers say. They have been written by Stephen Miller, Trump’s senior White House adviser for policy, and Steve Bannon, Trump’s chief strategist, according to people familiar with the matter. Ideas for some of the Trump executive orders came from transition officials and so-called "landing teams," sources say, who weren't working in the White House.

Miller and Bannon are writing all the executive orders? No wonder they're all fucking insane.

Ashodin

This is it, we elected our Nero, our Caligula.

That's all I can think about right now.

Literally in the wikipedia

Caligula worked to increase the unconstrained personal power of the emperor, as opposed to countervailing powers within the principate. He directed much of his attention to ambitious construction projects and luxurious dwellings for himself

Waiting for Michelle's garden to be ceremoniously bulldozed.

Michelle Obama sets her garden in stone

First lady Michelle Obama is making sure that whoever inhabits the White House next doesn’t rip out her iconic vegetable garden — at least not without a big fuss.

On Wednesday afternoon, Obama unveiled a much bigger version of the garden, which uses cement, stone and steel to make it a more permanent fixture on the South Lawn. The updates are seen not just as preserving Obama’s garden — recognized globally as a symbol of local food — but also as a way to dissuade, say, a President Donald Trump from scrapping it the way Ronald Reagan tore out Jimmy Carter's solar panels after he moved into the White House.

“I think people would be really upset,” said Marta McDowell, a landscape historian who recently wrote a book on White House gardens. She called Obama’s preservation plan “brilliant,” adding, “If it were taken out, it would truly just be a political statement.”

So...yeah, Trump will probably bulldoze it.

Exis

Question as I only really been a politics geek for three administrations. Is it just me or are there far more leaks coming out the Trump Administration than most administrations?
Obama zipped that stuff up quick and while I recall some around Bush Jr it wasn't like this.
I wonder if that is the media doing a more aggressive job, The people in charge think it helps them (ha!) or they are just that incompetent

I'm thankful every day that we didn't elect this monster

C2_Ue2wUQAABX4s.jpg:large

Why would they want to control someone who is implementing their platform? Trump is the anthropomorphised GOP.

Uhh, pretty sure the GOP doesn't like his stance re: Russia for starters. They're pretty pro-free trade in general, too, so they probably don't like his stance on that either.

They definitely don't like him, but he's useful to them right now. But as soon as he's no longer useful, I imagine they try to find a way to dump him.

Question as I only really been a politics geek for three administrations. Is it just me or are there far more leaks coming out the Trump Administration than most administrations?
Obama zipped that stuff up quick and while I recall some around Bush Jr it wasn't like this.
I wonder if that is the media doing a more aggressive job, The people in charge think it helps them (ha!) or they are just that incompetent

Like a screen door in a submarine.

hawk2025

I'm thankful every day that we didn't elect this monster

C2_Ue2wUQAABX4s.jpg:large

Yep.

We fucked over the lady with little sense of optics but a fundamentally good heart. I'm sorry people who immediately threw her under the bus, perhaps understandably, and will continue to do so -- I still like Hillary Clinton.

Trump is directly threatening government workers with a loss of their jobs and a freeze on their incomes. He also wants to take the axe to entire government agencies. No other president has been this aggressively hostile to government workers, and the leaks are a result of that hard line stance.

Uhh, pretty sure the GOP doesn't like his stance re: Russia for starters. They're pretty pro-free trade in general, too, so they probably don't like his stance on that either.

They definitely don't like him, but he's useful to them right now. But as soon as he's no longer useful, I imagine they try to find a way to dump him.

And what's stopping Trump from dragging them down with him?

Trump is directly threatening government workers with a loss of their jobs and a freeze on their incomes. He also wants to take the axe to entire government agencies. No other president has been this aggressively hostile to government workers, and the leaks are a result of that hard line stance.

Him making enemies with the IC is also going to result in some craziness down the road.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Him making enemies with the IC is also going to result in some craziness down the road.

Is it wrong I'm kind hoping just about every government agency goes rogue and the only people left that are with him is the GOP in Congress and the white house itself?. Cuz fucking hell this is both insane and terrifying. We're on a one way road to hell and dissent is everywhere.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Yep.

We fucked over the lady with little sense of optics but a fundamentally good heart. I'm sorry people who immediately threw her under the bus, perhaps understandably, and will continue to do so -- I still like Hillary Clinton.

I like Hillary Clinton, too. Great human being and a fine public servant. That doesn't excuse the massive mistakes she and her campaign made that reuslted in, well, this.

SexyFish

Banned
So we basically got the worst version of Trump imaginable.

He's ignoring advice from everyone and just doing whatever the fuck he wants. God give me Shadow President Pence at least.

Not a day goes by where I wish Kasich had taken the VP position and been Shadow President. (Assuming that rumor was true.)

UberTag

I'm listening to the InfoWars stream of Trump's interview on ABC... with 14,000+ people listening in on YouTube... and it's positively horrific.

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAHJ2RAZQZE[/URL]

Anyone want to join me? These hosts doing color commentary at the same time are positively toxic. Man, right-wing media is a garbage heap.

A tiny bit. I definitely heard Pena Nieto say they're not paying for the wall. Period.
Did he confirm whether he's refusing Trump's invitation to meet next Tuesday?

Am I being defeatist in thinking Trump is the one president who won't give a shit about protests and just do stuff to spite those daring to protest against him?

Trump's executive actions are literally being passed with no consultation or input from anyone, or even plans on how to implement them. The agencies required to implement them learned about them when we did.

Seems like the entire administration is in chaos at this rapid legislation Trump is just deciding to make up on the fly.
Inside the West Wing, it is almost impossible for some aides to know what is in the executive orders, staffers say. They have been written by Stephen Miller, Trump’s senior White House adviser for policy, and Steve Bannon, Trump’s chief strategist, according to people familiar with the matter.
Of course they are

45 "cares" about protests in the sense that seeing swaths of people so vehemently against him bruises his ego. It's not going to inspire him to do any good, though. The best scenario I could hope for is that it drives him mad enough to give up the office.

Kimawolf

They used to bring in the army to kill protestors

Well... this is what trump thinks about Tiananmen Square :

When the students poured into Tiananmen Square, the Chinese government almost blew it. Then they were vicious, they were horrible, but they put it down with strength. That shows you the power of strength. Our country is right now perceived as weak ... as being spit on by the rest of the world—

Soo.. i wouldn't put it past him.

http://ijr.com/2016/01/513180-trump...man-square-shows-hes-strongman-america-needs/

I'm listening to the InfoWars stream of Trump's interview on ABC... with 14,000+ people listening in on YouTube... and it's positively horrific.

[url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAHJ2RAZQZE[/URL]

Anyone want to join me? These hosts doing color commentary at the same time are positively toxic. Man, right-wing media is a garbage heap.

Did he confirm whether he's refusing Trump's invitation to meet next Tuesday?

Saw some other people translating it saying EPN did not mention the meeting, at all. But there's reports he's considering cancelling now.

Somehow that orange maniac can still shock me even after this week of insanity

Jesus Christ

Is it reasonable to hope that the US military wouldn't do that if ordered by Trump?

Depends on how many white people are on the streets. I know the Police would do it, but I'd like to think the military would draw the line somewhere.

Wilsongt

I hope to at least have established a relationship with this guy I've been chatting with for a year before Trump does something to blast us all back to the stone age.

sphagnum

Banned
I really wish that right about now Carter, the Bushes, Bill, and Obama would release some kind of joint letter condemning Trump.

If only Reagan was still with us (this must be the first time I've ever said that since switching sides).

It's so awesome that Afghan vets voted for Trump even while Trump keeps saying "Chicago violence > Afghanistan violence."

Have some goddamn self-respect.

I really wish that right about now Carter, the Bushes, Bill, and Obama would release some kind of joint letter condemning Trump.

If only Reagan was still with us (this must be the first time I've ever said that since switching sides).

Ronald Reagan Jr. should write for his dad.

(Ronald Reagan Jr. is one of the most prominent atheist organizers in America and a hardcore liberal)

Am I being defeatist in thinking Trump is the one president who won't give a shit about protests and just do stuff to spite those daring to protest against him?
I mean he got protested the entire primary and general election. Just that this time he doesn't have a horde of followers in front of him every night to sing his praises.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom