• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teggy

This is a really long and interesting article on the history of 4chan and why they support Trump from someone who appears to have followed it from its inception. I was not aware that Anonymous (the shadowy group that seems to be mostly interested in positive change) was an offshoot of 4 chan (unless this guy is confused).

https://medium.com/@DaleBeran/4chan-the-skeleton-key-to-the-rise-of-trump-624e7cb798cb#.pqdh7u33k

Although the part on Gamergate seems to be extremely simplistic and missing a lot of detail.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
THE SHOW WAS AMAZING

Larry Charles and David Silverman had a lot to do with it in terms of showrunning, writing staff, etc. Scott Adams was also still pre-Dilburitto induced madness. Amazing cast too.

The only useful opinion Adams has had post Trump is his view on Abortion

His view is basically that men should stay the fuck out of the argument and it should be a discussion amongst women

This is a really long and interesting article on the history of 4chan and why they support Trump from someone who appears to have followed it from its inception. I was not aware that Anonymous (the shadowy group that seems to be mostly interested in positive change) was an offshoot of 4 chan (unless this guy is confused).

https://medium.com/@DaleBeran/4chan-the-skeleton-key-to-the-rise-of-trump-624e7cb798cb#.pqdh7u33k

Although the part on Gamergate seems to be extremely simplistic and missing a lot of detail.

Anonymous isn't really the "positive change" thing. Honestly, there's not really a such a thing as Anonymous; it's kinda like the Laughing Man in Ghost in the Shell.
There was an original, but it's all just unrelated copycats afterwards.
It just became a name to use as a cover whenever you DDOSed somebody so that you'd get more publicity.

And yeah, it's a 4chan thing. Any time one of them would go shut down a website or edit it with swastikas and shit, they'd just make sure to post Guy Fawkes shit everywhere to get the word out. It's likely that whoever actually started that whole thing off hasn't done anything in years.

They'll have really tight security and won't let anyone in that looks to be a protester. It will happen. It will have a lot of interruptions, though.

I think protestors will block the building off so he can't enter. Maybe I'm wrong though. Not familiar with that area. Also rumors that Bannon will pay those thugs in all black with the masks to come cause trouble,since he wants it to look like the left are violent so he can outlaw protesting.

sazzy

QHsottm.png

Pixieking

Banned
Why would this person know such a thing?

Exactly this. His Twitter bio says nothing. No press reports and nothing on the wire yet.

If true, this is fucking massive, but it's akin to me saying "CIA are killing penguins". I can say it, but y'all are gonna be stupid if you believe me without proof.

Also, why would they do it in the Arctic? Unless they literally want to start WW3, they should have enough underground test sites to do it. Weird.

Sibylus

Banned
Exactly this. His Twitter bio says nothing. No press reports and nothing on the wire yet.

If true, this is fucking massive, but it's akin to me saying "CIA are killing penguins". I can say it, but y'all are gonna be stupid if you believe me without proof.

Also, why would they do it in the Arctic? Unless they literally want to start WW3, they should have enough underground test sites to do it. Weird.

Tests will tend to be detectable regardless, and Russia testing warheads over uninhabited Arctic islands/landmasses within their territory isn't new. If this story isn't bullshit, Putin is sending a message.

Pixieking

Banned

Tests will tend to be detectable regardless, and Russia testing warheads over uninhabited Arctic islands/landmasses within their territory isn't new. If this story isn't bullshit, Putin is sending a message.

Yeah, I knew about tests being detectable regardless (which to me makes it weird to do it so overtly - no matter where you do it, it's detected via seismographic equipment). I didn't know that they've done it in the Arctic before, though, so, hey, you learn something new everyday. :)

Sibylus

Banned
how long does it take to detect and confirm a nuke in the arctic?!

Not long. I would think amateur astronomers would be able to detect it, with how high tests tend to be detonated (to irradiate mostly into space).

Yeah, I knew about tests being detectable regardless (which to me makes it weird to do it so overtly - no matter where you do it, it's detected via seismographic equipment). I didn't know that they've done it in the Arctic before, though, so, hey, you learn something new everyday. :)

Tsar Bomba is the most famous example, but there have been others.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
why do Liberals defend religions that are anti-Liberal?

Because it is simultaneously possible to recognize that when a government is being run as an Islamic theocracy it causes great harm to many people and also recognize that peaceful Muslims are victims of discrimination and violence and that turning away refugees fleeing for their lives due to their religion is inhumane. Both of these things can be true!

And any idea that Islam is "incompatible with Western values" is such thin bullshit. I've shared this anecdote before but it was eye opening teaching a children's robotics summer class and having like a third of the students in the class be 10 year old Somali Muslim girls wearing headscarves. Hard for me to jive Islam being so fundamentally and irreparably hostile towards women's rights with the reality that these girl's parents wanted them to get a headstart on their freakin STEM education

Ogodei

Some lefties and Bill Gates have proposed that if capital replaces labor (robot takes someone's job) then that capital should be heavily taxed.

This is the single worst new economic idea I've heard in a long fucking time, holy shit.

It's this weird fucking thing where automation is considered this brand new thing when you can read papers released two weeks ago studying economic conditions in the 1960s where farm workers were replaced with capital. The fact that no firms want to do any automation is why we have no economic growth, massively discouraging any automation just seems awful in conception.

The general idea is correct: we need to shift our tax base to more heavily tax capital and large estates instead of taxing wages and payroll and using kid gloves for capital gains like we do now.

I agree the way he expressed it was stupid. The money's right there, we just have to reach out and take it.

Pixieking

Banned
If true, I fully expect Trump to order a US nuclear test of its own. It would be in keeping with his temperament and previous rhetoric.

So... this is making the rounds through some of the "rogue" twitter things, starting from a WH one that's been pretty reliable. It's of course assumed to be garbage, but even then it deserves a shout out for being so detailed!

Edit: Want to make it extra clear that the intention here is not to make anyone think this is real. Seriously.
Obviously to be filed under gossip. Very dedicated gossip! This is a solid 9/10 on a scale of authorized fascism and unfortunately a thing that I consider only slightly outside the realm of possibility right now.

So... this is making the rounds through some of the "rogue" twitter things, starting from a WH one that's been pretty reliable. It's of course assumed to be garbage, but even then it deserves a shout out for being so detailed!

Obviously to be filed under gossip. Very dedicated gossip! This is a solid 9/10 on a scale of authorized fascism and unfortunately a thing that I consider only slightly outside the realm of possibility right now.

None of those "rogue" Twitter accounts are reliable.

tuxfool

Banned

That strikes me as being way too cheeky to be real. Though in the current climate it is possible that I may eat my hat.

None of those "rogue" Twitter accounts are reliable.

That strikes me as being way too cheeky to be real. Though in the current climate it is possible that I may eat my hat.
This is a sad exercise in plausibility, though. If Trump were to want a thing, that's the sort of rant he's spout out almost word for word in an attempt to sound smart. I need to find a way to calm down enough so that I can actually enjoy stuff this this for a quick chuckle and I'm obviously not there yet. The "draft" should be considered as comedy as default, but my brain is still scrambled and I'm having a hard time getting any enjoyment out of it.

Edit: Want to make it extra clear that the intention here is not to make anyone think this is real. Seriously.

Lol, what exactly the order should do ? The WH has very little power to do anything to the media. I don't believe it is real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom