• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boke1879

I'm not clear what's up with this Comey presentation to the Senate intelligence committee that seems to have spooked everyone. Didn't they get an earlier briefing a few months back?

At least it sounds like Republicans are finally taking it seriously.

Yea. Reading reactions and senators are just fucking quiet. Didn't even tell staff. Whatever it was. It was serious.

KingK

I'm not clear what's up with this Comey presentation to the Senate intelligence committee that seems to have spooked everyone. Didn't they get an earlier briefing a few months back?

I'll believe that shit when Trump's in prison and not a second sooner. Until they actually provide real action I'll continue having zero faith in any elected republican.

I'm getting really tired of people acting like they 100% know the future and are super arrogant about it.

Like, I know it's okay to be pessimistic but people constantly saying "WE'RE GOING TO LOSE IN 2018/8 YEARS OF TRUMP/AMERICA IS DEAD" like it's a fact is pissing me off to new levels.

I hate it when people toss the term "Reality" around like they own the word. "No, we're going to LOSE! Accept Reality!" When really nobody fucking knows what's really in store for the future. If that's what you think, why are you posting it like mad on social media instead of wallowing away in despair in some corner of their room?

I get that things are scary right now but I can't stand preachy doomsayers more than anything. I saw one guy on Twitter who said that he was never going to vote again and I would have gone on a huge rant against him if I didn't restrain myself.

Sorry, I just really needed to vent this since I'm seeing it everywhere and it's driving me up the wall. I was going to make this a thread but I figured it'd be locked in an instant.

But man, it's so disheartening seeing people with so little faith anymore and automatically assuming the worst in literally everything, and then encouraging others to feel the same way and not do anything about it.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
Had dinner with some of Idaho's elites, including Boise's mayor and good old Larry Toetapping Craig. It was fun. Good food and an open bar. I've done a bunch of design work on a local park project and was part of a group getting honored by these people. I can't imagine what the net worth of the room was.

sangreal

Basically no one wants to work with McFarland. Shit is scary.

Can't even think about the press as enemy tweet. Scary as hell.

I imagine she is like the guy in veep they brought in who ended up doing nothing but reminiscing about his last experience in the white house 30 years ago while offering vague platitudes as solutions

You would probably freak out and be quiet too if you saw a video of Trump masturbating to 14 year old Russian girls peeing on each other while Trump moans out "Ivanka."

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

We have no idea what they were told. Normally we'd have some leaks by now as to what happened, but no one's talking to anyone. No one has anything other than this happened and it was on the Russia thing.

I have no idea what they could possibly have been told or shown, but it must have been beyond anything we've heard so far.

Loxley

I love Patton Oswalt so much.

0TUKOVV.jpg

Had dinner with some of Idaho's elites, including Boise's mayor and good old Larry Toetapping Craig. It was fun. Good food and an open bar. I've done a bunch of design work on a local park project and was part of a group getting honored by these people. I can't imagine what the net worth of the room was.

Idaho has elites?

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck

Yea. Reading reactions and senators are just fucking quiet. Didn't even tell staff. Whatever it was. It was serious.

Yes, the reactions I'm seeing from staffers (nothing) / senators (nothing) and the dot-connecting by their usual beat writers is kinda hair-raising. not sure how to take it. either it's something serious and the dam is about to break, or it's something serious and they're not going to do anything about it. neither is good.

Boke1879

Yes, the reactions I'm seeing from staffers (nothing) / senators (nothing) and the dot-connecting by their usual beat writers is kinda hair-raising. not sure how to take it. either it's something serious and the dam is about to break, or it's something serious and they're not going to do anything about it. neither is good.

Maybe it's something that can't get out right now because it hasn't been 100% verified, but I really want to know what it is.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
(here are the reactions i'm talking about in the post above)

https://twitter.com/DavidWright_CNN/status/832695356823597056:

Unusually tight-lipped responses from senators about the FBI Director Comey's meeting -- via @KilloughCNN:

C45T_1wUEAAZTfs.jpg

https://twitter.com/JWGOP/status/832730694656733185:

Comey must have scared the hell out of them, as I sense, for the first time, some resolve from GOP members.

https://twitter.com/ericgeller/status/832790505452871680:

Initially didn't pay much attention but now starting to think today's classified SSCI briefing w/ Comey was a game changer in some way.

C46qPHAUcAEk00j.jpg

C46qPHMUoAAg08O.jpg

C46qPHMVMAAgIC6.jpg

C46qPHOUkAEty2E.jpg

Also this:

https://twitter.com/marcorubio/status/832726071938162688

I am now very confident Senate Intel Comm I serve on will conduct thorough bipartisan investigation of #Putin interference and influence

~Kinggi~

Banned
itshappening.gif?

At this point i have no idea. I mean Marco is known to be the biggest shit fuck pushover ass cunt out there so his response could simply mean some shit like 'lol confident nothing will happen so ill go along with it!'. Or it could be something else. It is alarming the meeting happened and senator's responses were as they were. Some slight hope that dems were also involved in the meeting. Some didnt even acknowledge Comey was there. And oh yeah, fucking Comey i half expect is ALSO compromised by the Russians (dude was all smiles shaking Trumps hand when he considered him 'his people'). I mean seriously its a total shit show.

David Frum‏ @davidfrum

Decoded: one or more of NYT, CNN or NBCNews has a very very damaging story in the pipeline ...
https://mobile.twitter.com/davidfrum/status/832707332752699392

yeah this is hours old. I was hoping the rapid Trump tweet was fast response to a typical incoming late Friday bombshell for the weekend but it never happened. Im now sad :(

David Frum‏ @davidfrum

Decoded: one or more of NYT, CNN or NBCNews has a very very damaging story in the pipeline …
https://mobile.twitter.com/davidfrum/status/832707332752699392

These media outlets literally yesterday reported that Trump got owned by his NSA pick and his prior NSA pick could be put in prison for years if the FBI was a law enforcement organization and not partisan cucks.

I mean, there's a lot of damaging stories for Trump to be yelling about right now, there doesn't have to be another one coming up.

Sibylus

Banned
More likely in my mind is that Comey is engaged in the oldest game there is: save-ass. Doubtful he wants to go down in flames with the fascists.

I'd take Rubio's tweet with a grain of salt given how spineless he is and how often he's gone against doing what would largely be considered the right thing. Probably just trying to convince people the party isn't giving preferential treatment to anybody (Even though they are).

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
More likely in my mind is that Comey is engaged in the oldest game there is: save-ass. Doubtful he wants to go down in flames with the fascists.
I think so too. I was calling for Comey's scalp pretty loudly, but perhaps Obama was wise to keep him there to shame him into doing the right things after his reprehensible bullshit prior to the election was exposed.

I think so too. I was calling for Comey's scalp pretty loudly, but perhaps Obama was wise to keep him there to shame him into doing the right things after his reprehensible bullshit prior to the election was exposed.

Or: He's warning them that something specific is inevitably coming down the pipe, and is giving them a chance to prepare to handle and spin it so the Republicans save as much face as they can. Which, considering what he did during the election, seems like the more likely reason to me.

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
Or: He's warning them that something specific is inevitably coming down the pipe, and is giving them a chance to prepare to handle and spin it so the Republicans save as much face as they can. Which, considering what he did during the election, seems like the more likely reason to me.
Definitely possible. Even so, I'd say the end result is a net positive for us if he's still actually exposing the truths of what happened. At this point I'd take Republicans wising up and getting ahead of this (and all the potential political goodwill that could come from that) if it helps expose to the public what really happened vs. Comey attempting to cover shit up.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Definitely possible. Even so, I'd say the end result is a net positive for us if he's still actually exposing the truths of what happened. At this point I'd take Republicans wising up and getting ahead of this (and all the potential political goodwill that could come from that) if it helps expose to the public what really happened vs. Comey attempting to cover shit up.

at this point honestly im fine with this if it means they are following through with taking the white house down. Fuck it if repubs are given a heads up to spin. Just actually follow through and taken em out.

Toxi

Banned
So sick of blatant alts or suicide accounts. At least try to make them convincing. People don't register for a video game forum and then wait several years to post about politics.

~Kinggi~

Banned
So sick of blatant alts or suicide accounts. At least try to make them convincing. People don't register for a video game forum and then wait several years to post about politics.

i agree but are you like pointing to someone specifically here?

~Kinggi~

Banned
No, sorry, I'm venting. It's one of those cases where once you start noticing it, you never stop.

just dont get drunk and vent. Last time i did that a little over 30 days ago i got banned. I like got blackout drunk at the Russian dossier and then said, some things....a mod had mercy on me for only 30. lulz

To be fair to NYT i read a lot of that as pointing out how fucking stupid bill was for agreeing with the crazy. Although the headline itself on its own kinda does completely fuck it all.

Actually, you could kind of blame NYT here too.

I could and do, that's part of the normalization process...

NYT gives a summary of what happened on the show... because the show normalized him so does the summary and the cycle continues.

~Kinggi~

Banned
I could and do, that's part of the normalization process...

NYT gives a summary of what happened on the show... because the show normalized him so does the summary and the cycle continues.

well...i guess we need to prepare for Milo to be press secretary. Havent seen the spice in a few days, probably already in negotiations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom