• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT6| Made this thread during Harvey because the ratings would be higher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Siena Polls:

New York

Trump favorables:

Approval: 28
Disapproval: 68

Schumer:

Approval: 58
Disapproval: 31

Gillibrand:

Approval: 50
Disapproval: 23

Cuomo:

Approval: 57
Disapproval: 35

Actually a little surprised Schumer's approval is higher than Gillibrand, but he definitely edges her out on profile/name recognition so it makes sense he's higher in both approval and disapproval.

Has this been posted yet?

Michael Del Moro‏Verified account @MikeDelMoro 46m46 minutes ago

ABC News: Robert Mueller's team met behind closed doors today w an unknown group of attorneys & chief judge of US District Court in DC

Hmmmm

Holmes

So I'm not disregarding warning signs but I remember the whole "GOP INTERNALS SHOW HILLARY UP IN INDIANA" a month before the election. So.

To be honest I'm kind of hoping for this outcome. Making Florida a reliably blue state would be a suitable consequence for Trump and his cronies' racist response to Puerto Rico's disaster.
Step 1: Florida becomes a solid blue state
Step 2: Dem wins next presidential election easily by flipping MI and FL (+ maybe more but that’s all it would take)
Step 3: New PresiDem makes Puerto Rico into a state
Step 4: Republicans doomed forever*

*until next midterm election

Teggy

No idea what that means.

It means the grand marshall of the supreme court is about to deliver a sealed indictment.

Wow, Spicer is having a conniption about Harvey Weinstein today and every time he comes up with a new "gotcha" it's slapped down in 5 seconds because he's a complete idiot.

It means the grand marshall of the supreme court is about to deliver a sealed indictment.

Wow, Spicer is having a conniption about Harvey Weinstein today and every time he comes up with a new "gotcha" it's slapped down in 5 seconds because he's a complete idiot.

this also might explain the trump ramblings

RDreamer

I don't get this whole push that the dems should give back the money given to them by Weinstein. Since when does receiving money equate to an endorsement of everything that person does? And are Republicans somehow going to give back all the air time and support Fox News/Roger Ailes/Bill O'Reilly gave them?

I mean I get the Dems wanting to donate it for a PR move, but why should liberal people join Republicans in calling for this crap when it's clearly just a move to empty Dem coffers and has no real basis in moral reality.

tbm24

I don't get this whole push that the dems should give back the money given to them by Weinstein. Since when does receiving money equate to an endorsement of everything that person does? And are Republicans somehow going to give back all the air time and support Fox News/Roger Ailes/Bill O'Reilly gave them?

I mean I get the Dems wanting to donate it for a PR move, but why should liberal people join Republicans in calling for this crap when it's clearly just a move to empty Dem coffers and has no real basis in moral reality.
People are too caught up by emotions at the point. It’s not about it making sense, just if it FEELS good.

chadskin

AP poll finds only 67% of Republicans approve of Trump (!!!!!!)

While 67 percent of Republicans still approve of the job the president is doing, support among Republicans has decreased significantly since March when 80 percent of Republicans expressed approval. Twenty-eight percent of independents and 5 percent of Democrats say they approve of Trump’s handling of his job. Among Democrats, this also represents a decline since March when 11 percent said they approved.
http://www.apnorc.org/projects/Pages/Americans-Evaluations-of-President-Trump.aspx

Teggy

Basically because the right claims the moral high ground so the left is forced to overcompensate. It's a pretty amazing trick they pull off. Do very little when they are caught (hell, they just elect their sexual abusers), but then scream bloody murder if it happens on the other side. Since the left actually tries to practice what it preaches, they are held to a higher standard.

DTC

That poll seems like a big outlier to me.

Regardless, Trump is in big trouble if he can't pass tax reform or some other thing happens.

The DC District Court’s Chief Judge looks like Crooked Hillary’s sister from a parallel universe.

JudgeBerylAHowell.jpg

Deep State confirmed.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
What did it? How did it get that low??

Mentioned it in the other thread, but anecdotally I've seen a lot of republican friends on social media posting about how they are disgusted with his lack of compassion and empathy about the recent disasters, and how his response to Puerto Rico was disgusting.

Has this been posted yet?

Hmmmm

President Hatch incoming.

Mentioned it in the other thread, but anecdotally I've seen a lot of republican friends on social media posting about how they are disgusted with his lack of compassion and empathy about the recent disasters, and how his response to Puerto Rico was disgusting.

President Hatch incoming.

gonna get even worse now he's issuing vague threats of war

tbm24

I find it odd there seems to be many who are surprised that a random 64 year old up and decidedly to hatch a plan for mass murder without something they can point to about his past and say THATS WHY!

AndyD

aka andydumi
Has this been brought up yet?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...8c702d2d975_story.html?utm_term=.ff167a4deece

The guidelines from the DoJ allow for interpretations of religious freedom that, put together, seem to grant some pretty big wiggle room for religious and non-religious corporations to discriminate in hiring for religion and sexual orientation.
It'll take a case of a company discriminating against a white Christian going to the supreme Court to reassert individual rights over commpany rights.

pigeon

Banned
Super annoyed that that poll doesn't post crosstabs.

* Trump lost 7 points of approval from March to June, then another 3 from June to September. So the majority of this slide happened earlier.
* Trump's "strongly approve" number is still the same as it was in March (with a small dip in June erased in this poll.) The loss is completely from "somewhat approve." "Strongly disapprove" has gained 7 points in the same timeframe, so basically, there was a linear shift in opinion among everybody except Trump's hardcore fans, who feel exactly the same.
* Congress lost 7 points of approval from March to September as well. In June people were a little less sure what they thought -- in this poll, though, 51% of respondents strongly disapprove of Congress, and they're at 18/81 topline.
* People are reporting that the economy and healthcare are very important issues for them, and think Trump is handling them badly, but their numbers haven't changed since June. So the additional slide is presumably something else.

jtb

Banned
The DNC had the right idea. Just give the Weinstein money to EMILY's List, a de facto arm of the Democratic party anyways.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I find Northam an interesting case study in ideology vs. personality and how the latter seems to heavily drive public perception of the former. Northam has staked out some pretty hard left positions over the course of the campaign, but he’s kind of boring so he’s often perceived as being a centrist or moderate.

We already had that case study with Hillary. If you don't make those positions crystal clear in your campaigning, it is functionally the same as not having them at all. It doesn't have anything to do with how charismatic you are. He obviously wants to be seen as an ideological blank slate except for abortion, so he has to take all the good and the bad that comes with it.

I expect Northam to win, but that washington post poll should be the norm, not the outlier. If you can't win midterms in purple states by a huge margin while the opposite party president is breaking records for disapproval ratings, then your strategy probably isn't going to work when that president goes away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom