• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT6| Made this thread during Harvey because the ratings would be higher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

About a year ago the "Pussy Tape" (which was supposed to end Trump) was released (as well as the first batch of Podesta's e-mails). Man times flies :/

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
About a year ago the "Pussy Tape" (which was supposed to end Trump) was released (as well as the first batch of Podesta's e-mails). Man times flies :/

I'll never forget it. I had gone out for Mexican food and had a margarita or tewwwwww and I came home and the news was b l o w i n g up about that. And in the end no one cares and Hillarwiiu botched it by giving the most milquetoast white dumb lady answer about that instead of dragging ha and then she let the media go nuts over John Podesta being stupid.

I will neva forget Morning Joe complaining about Cheryl whats her name.

DLfEAW_VYAAIOt4.jpg

This is big because Trump is a fucking moron so the only way he found out about these laws was that he tried to bribe an official as soon as he won he nomination/election (remember backdoor channels), which if that's the case he left a trail and Mueller knows about it or this story is to make sure he now knows about it or a company/companies or Kushner have asked him to get rid of these laws because they are trying to bribe officials and that's probably why Kushner is fucked.

What kills me about that sentiment is that no one rational (yes I understand that rationality is out the window here) could actually blame Obama for actively making things worse. It was usually more along the line that he wasn't cleaning up Bush's mess fast enough.

"LOL it's been two months and Obama can't even reverse the worst recession in 80 years! The old guy (the one who caused this) was WAY better, mirite?"

But then again I remember a friend's dad complaining about Obama raising taxes "again" two months into his presidency so lol

kess

How Facebook ads helped elect Trump
Parscale received help utilizing Facebook's technology from Facebook employees provided by the company who showed up for work to his office multiple days a week. He says they had to be partisan and he questioned them to make sure. "I wanted people who supported Donald Trump." Parscale calls these Facebook employees "embeds" who could teach him every aspect of the technology. "I want to know everything you would tell Hillary's campaign plus some," he says he told them.
But Zuckerberg..

Toth

He's up and complaining about how unfair television coverage and late night comedians have been for Republicans....

Funny how in February 2010, CNN was running a story about how there were already so many announced open seats, with 13 open democratic seats. But 18 republican open seats 4 months earlier in the process is doom and gloom for democrats.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/02/12/house.retirements/index.html

The overall seats in 2010 were much closer in in margins than 2018. So Dems will definitely need more open seats to take back the house. NY Times is not inaccurate in their assessment, not was CNN back in 2010.

http://cookpolitical.com/analysis/h...rats-could-use-few-more-gop-house-retirements

If Democrats were to hold all of the seats we rate as leaning towards them, all 12 of the Toss Ups, and half of the seats in Lean Republican — a big ask — they would still fall two seats shy of a majority.

Today, there are 52 Republicans sitting in marginal districts with Cook PVI scores of R+5 or more Democratic — more than twice the number Democrats need. The problem for Democrats is that these tend to be personally popular members: three quarters of them won their 2016 races by double digits, and half of them won by more than 15 points. For the most part, they know how to navigate tough districts and attract independent voters.

Of the 52, just four have announced retirements so far: Reps. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (FL-27), Dave Trott (MI-11), Charlie Dent (PA-15) and Dave Reichert (WA-08). Their retirements have vaulted these seats to the top of Democrats' takeover list. But as the holidays near and retirement season looms, Democrats' chances hinge on how many of the other 48 stick around.

Democrats will definitely need more retirements to have a more favorable shot at winning the house.

8:00 AM: I should get equal time on late night television!

8:04 AM: many people are saying I should get equal time on late night television!

HOLY SHIT. Creating his own reality lol.

Christ.

The conservative Parscale sees an irony in all this. "These social platforms are all invented by very liberal people on the West and East Coast. And we figure out how to use it to push conservative values. I don't think they thought that would ever happen," says Parscale.

He's very wrong about this. The myth of the liberal Silicon Valley needs to die. These people are the modern train barrons. Somehow a bunch of libertarian white dudes got the reputation of being liberals just because they all drink wheatgrass smoothies.

Jackson50

I thought the Pussy Tape was the end. Now I know lol nothing matters.
Frankly, the American people were tired of a president who leads from behind. They wanted an assertive leader who takes the initiative and doesn't wait for permission.
Graft is intrinsic to Trump's nature. To the extent that he has any discernible business skill, he's mastered the art of cheating his partners and then using his connections and influence to skirt his obligations. He built his two-bit empire on it. When you combine this with his autocratic tendencies, it's no surprise that he'd want to sanction corruption.

Christ.

He's very wrong about this. The myth of the liberal Silicon Valley needs to die. These people are the modern train barrons. Somehow a bunch of “”””””””””””””””libertarian”””””””””””””” white dudes got the reputation of being liberals just because they all drink wheatgrass smoothies.

Fixed, I think they are conservative but grew up in a time when it wasn’t fashionable to be called one.

Kusagari

Christ.

He's very wrong about this. The myth of the liberal Silicon Valley needs to die. These people are the modern train barrons. Somehow a bunch of libertarian white dudes got the reputation of being liberals just because they all drink wheatgrass smoothies.

It’s partly a byproduct of so many people seeing liberal and conservative through the lens of social issues.

The technocrats like gays, support abortion and want legal weed so they must be liberals!

Oooooooooooooooooooh now we're starting to get that Parscale guy directly roped into this. This is VERY good news.

8:00 AM: I should get equal time on late night television!

8:04 AM: many people are saying I should get equal time on late night television!

HOLY SHIT. Creating his own reality lol.

Is he ever not? Seriously, every person on the planet has to see his 24/7 NPD and that we're seeing these flare-ups when he's not been getting his hedonistic flattery (which is in short supply now).

Ogodei

Marvel's got to shed Perlmutter and fast. Guy will take the company down with him into the Trumpkin blackness.

(yes, i know it's Disney owned, but all the more reason for 46th President Bob Iger to show Perlmutter the door).

Can you imagine the sort of illegal shit Trump and his businesses got up to before he was president? There's a reason he didn't want Mueller to look at his finances.

He was involved in construction and gambling in NY/NJ in the 1980s and 1990s.

There is a ZERO percent chance he ran his businesses without mob help or contacts.

Piecake

This is big because Trump is a fucking moron so the only way he found out about these laws was that he tried to bribe an official as soon as he won he nomination/election (remember backdoor channels), which if that's the case he left a trail and Mueller knows about it or this story is to make sure he now knows about it or a company/companies or Kushner have asked him to get rid of these laws because they are trying to bribe officials and that's probably why Kushner is fucked.

I think it is far far more likely that Trump and Trump's business bribed officials from other nations to get their hotels and other shit built in foreign nations, and did this well before he became the nominee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom