• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF Thread of toothless Hill-Billys (75,000 in Portland for OBAMA post #3599)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amir0x

Banned
WestVirginiacopy.jpg

Hey I'll fill this in with stuff that one dude makes later, that other PoliGAF thread is broke and I needs my political GAF fix.

LATEST POLLS:

SurveyUSFUCKAWESOME

W. Virginia

Clinton - 126^10%
Obama - LOL

Take heart Clinton fans. We all know the road is rough, but the nomination is all but hers. Pundits had this to say about the possibility of her taking Obama as VP nominee:

HillaryClintonLOL.jpg

Can the thread maker stop being so diplomatic where it concerns the fortunes of Hillary? Come on...get nasty with her in the topic title, man.

Rindain

Banned
CNN has been pretty good today at pointing out that Hillary's West Virginia blowout will be utterly meaningless. Although they have pointed out that it will cause yet more talk about Obama's "trouble" with retarded white racists.

GhaleonEB

Amir0x said:
Well that other thread started working right as i made this, but let's use this anyway considering...
Yeah that was weird. Hitokage posted "test" and I was about to reply with "success" and then he quote button went away. I didn't realize it had just gotten locked so I assumed some other quirk had kicked in. :lol

At any rate. Predictions?

Clinton 62, Obama 38

Quoting a Clinton spokesperson I overheard on MSNBC today: "How does our nominee not win West Virginia and Kentucky, two critical swing states?"

West Virginia and Kentucky: Most important states to have ever existed.

GhaleonEB

Triumph said:
Obama got three supers today so far, Clinton none. He's ahead by everyone's counts now, including MSNBC.
Four, actually. And yeah, he's up by literally every count now. DemConWatch has him up by 8.5, Obama's site by 5.5.

5-12-08 - Added Rep. Tom Allen (ME) for Obama
- Added DNC Dolly Strazar (HI) for Obama
- Added Sen. Daniel Akaka (HI) for Obama
- Added Idaho Democratic Party Chair DNC R. Keith Roark (ID) for Obama

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Tucker on their MSNBC sad tha Clinton should still stay in the race and maybe the Supers can give it to her.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Rindain said:
CNN has been pretty good today at pointing out that Hillary's West Virginia blowout will be utterly meaningless. Although they have pointed out that it will cause yet more talk about Obama's "trouble" with retarded white racists.

It's awkward watching the pundits dance around that particular item. They basically don't want to call out an entire state as racist hillbillies. So they avoid it and talk about coalmining.

No metropolitain centers FTL.

Cheebs

GhaleonEB said:
Yeah that was weird. Hitokage posted "test" and I was about to reply with "success" and then he quote button went away. I didn't realize it had just gotten locked so I assumed some other quirk had kicked in. :lol

At any rate. Predictions?

Clinton 62, Obama 38
that'd be a miracle. I say 70-30

Bill Clinton yesterday predicted 80-20 remember.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Cheebs said:
that'd be a miracle. I say 70-30

Bill Clinton yesterday predicted 80-20 remember.

And he is just making shit up. If Obama and Hillary preform similarly to how their demographics usually end up the result should be 68-32 in Hillary's favor.

Seth C

ConfusingJazz said:
Quoting a Clinton spokesperson I overheard on MSNBC today: "How does our nominee not win West Virginia and Kentucky, two critical swing states?"

Well now to be fair, when it comes to the general election in November, no one has been elected president without carrying Kentucky since 1960.

mosaic

go eat paint
WedgeX said:
Obama's setting up official shop in Michigan now, and coming to Macomb county and the Grand Rapids area. Booo come to Wayne or Washtenaw!

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080512/NEWS15/80512030
I'd like to add a "boo" for not coming to Ingham county. C'mon, not coming to the state capitol or riling up the MSU folks who are all Obama-bots (with a heaping helping of Ron Paul)? Man, if I wanna see him in person, I'll have to drive a solid 2 hours... assuming either of his appearances are open to the general public.

PHOTOS: BARACK OBAMA enroute to Charleston, WV.

capt.5bedf90a6fc74958b82f06db686a3fae.obama_2008_xif102.jpg

Obama at Charleston, WV. rally.

capt.97c617a2d73b451ebe7f3fd9a6b5a754.obama_2008_wvjh101.jpg

capt.d0292112facc4e5799872b312e930421.obama_2008_wvjh104.jpg

capt.f35a157f61004bd18bff4a72c805c5fd.obama_2008_wvjh107.jpg

2486362471_42bac9411e.jpg

AP photos by Jae C. Hong.

Sen. Obama plays pool in South Charleston. W.Va.

capt.5ef39aa515e54a94bf7e6cef2626fa2b.obama_2008_wvjh109.jpg

Democratic presidential hopeful, Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., plays pool at Schultzie's bar in South Charleston. W.Va., Monday, May 12, 2008, in anticipation of the state's primary election Tuesday.
(AP Photo/Jae C. Hong)

capt.b0ff68b5b2704d95b4f6ffe3677dd32c.obama_2008_wvjh110.jpg

Democratic presidential hopeful, Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., plays pool at Schultzie's bar in South Charleston, W.Va., Monday, May 12, 2008.
(AP Photo/Jae C. Hong)

capt.538aba8d94584de5958d250059c38e5f.obama_2008_wvjh111.jpg

Democratic presidential hopeful, Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., talks to reporters while playing pool at Schultzie's bar in South Charleston, W.Va., Monday, May 12, 2008. The of the state's primary election takes place Tuesday.
(AP Photo/Jae C. Hong)

capt.6e8dc943dd5b4eafa38835483cb53d0d.obama_2008_wvjh108.jpg

Democratic presidential hopeful, Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., plays pool at Schultzie's bar in South Charleston. W.Va., Monday, May 12, 2008, in anticipation of the state's primary election Tuesday.
(AP Photo/Jae C. Hong)

grandjedi6

mosaic said:
I'd like to add a "boo" for not coming to Ingham county. C'mon, not coming to the state capitol or riling up the MSU folks who are all Obama-bots (with a heaping helping of Ron Paul)? Man, if I wanna see him in person, I'll have to drive a solid 2 hours... assuming either of his appearances are open to the general public.

Count yourself lucky. Obama has not yet, and will not, do anything major in Illinois :(

AniHawk

ConfusingJazz said:

Did you know Hillary Clinton is from West Viriginia and Kentucky?

Triumph

Banned
grandjedi6 said:
Count yourself lucky. Obama has not yet, and will not, do anything major in Illinois :(
Well, it's your fault you weren't on the bandwagon early enough, you could have seen his campaign kick off.

Although, you should get to see him give a pretty swell victory speech in November. :D

Tamanon

Banned
LOL Buchanan.

No matter how many times you say West Virginia is "value voters" we know what you're talking about.

grandjedi6

Triumph said:
Well, it's your fault you weren't on the bandwagon early enough, you could have seen his campaign kick off.

Although, you should get to see him give a pretty swell victory speech in November. :D

I was on the Obama-train before Obama got on it. But sadly he did all his early events in Springfield (or at horrible times) :/

Diablos

Boy, the Clintons will be spinning more than Hannity and O'Reilly when the WV results come in. Can't wait for this shit. Hopefully the mainstream media won't jump back on the Clinton bandwagon, because let's face it, her WV win is gonna be huge.

WHITE PEOPLE VOTED FOR US IN RECORD NUMBERS IN A STATE THAT MORE THAN LIKELY WON'T EVEN MATTER IN THE FALL BECAUSE NEITHER OF US WILL WIN IT!

Tamanon

Banned
:(

BTW, does West Virginia really only have 5 electoral votes? If so, what's with all this "Dems don't win without West Virginia" crap?

And Bill did predict it, at least in his roundabout Southern drawl way.

Triumph

Banned
The thing of it is, her wins in WV and KY should be treated EXACTLY like Obama's wins in MS and WY. They're totally products of geography and demography. The media didn't piss themselves re-writing the narrative after those two wins, but probably will try to do so after WV anyhow.

grandjedi6

Tamanon said:

BTW, does West Virginia really only have 5 electoral votes? If so, what's with all this "Dems don't win without West Virginia" crap?

SPIN

Diablos

If the media starts kissing Hillary's ass after WV, I'm going to scream. Hillary's all but done and everyone knows it.

Triumph

Banned
Tamanon said:

This is the desperate grasping at straws phase of her campaign. "No Democrat has ever been elected without the one eyed Hill Person Vote! This isn't over!"

Tamanon said:

Its called spin, or the more appropriate term: bullshit.

Kusagari

ConfusingJazz said:

:lol :lol :lol at Kentucky being a swing state.

Oh, WV is today/tomorrow?

What do you know? I hadn't even realized it.

Edit:

lulz at the photos. Obama's rally must have drawn out the 1 black family in WV (according to demographics!). Clinton's drew the usual crowd. ; )

LOGAN, W.V. -- With the clock ticking, Hillary Clinton told an enthusiastic crowd here that tomorrow’s primary could be a “crucial turning point” in the presidential election, as she continued to play up the state’s significance for Democrats’ chances in the fall.

“West Virginia is a real indicator of which way the political winds are going to blow come the November election,” Clinton said. “This election we’ve had, this primary contest has been close and exciting -- the closest one anybody can remember. But the goal is to nominate someone who can beat John McCain in November. That’s what we’ve got to do.”

As proof of her claim, she repeated the statistic that no Democrat has won the White House without West Virginia since 1916.

“If West Virginia had voted for our Democratic nominee in 2000 and 2004, we wouldn't have had to put up with George Bush for the last seven and a half years,” she said. “I am going to work as hard as I can between now and the time the polls close tomorrow, because I want to earn your support.”

West Virginia=5 electoral votes

This is the dumbest shit ever. First off, polls show McCain kills Obama and Hillary in W Virginia. Second she's insinuated all along that "small states" don't matter while ignoring the "big states" Obama has won. Obama puts NC, Colo, VA, NV, NM, and even Iowa into play for 2008; I'm not saying he'll win those states but he's going to be competitive; I'm willing to bet he'll win VA and NV, a +18 increase in the blue column.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom