• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Politician and boxer Manny Pacquiao has claimed “cross dressing” causes crimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beefy

The Senator made the comments during a session of the senate on Monday.

He cited the case of Jennifer Laude, a trans woman who was killed by 19-year-old Joseph Pemberton, who had been unaware that Laude was transgender.

Her killer had not realised she was transgender on meeting her, something that came to be a major factor in the case.

Now Senator Pacquiao claims her ”cross dressing" caused her to be killed.

He also claimed that trans people using the bathroom appropriate to their gender identity was dangerous.

He made the comments during a debate on a bill to tackle sexual harassment towards women.

”Even in the Bible, we read that the woman should wear women's [clothing]; and the man, for men's wear," Pacquiao said.

”That's what I believe."

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2017/02/1...&utm_content=TwitterBB&utm_campaign=PNTwitter

Guy is utter scum

SerTapTap

So "cross dressing" causes crimes but not bigotry. got it. Straight out of the "I'm not a bigot but political correctness is--" playbook.

Can't even be surprised anymore. Completely textbook victim blaming.

sirap

lol, what a joke. Pacquiao is a devout Christian filipino who's at the tail-end of his career and transitioning into full-time politics. Dude knows his audience and panders to them well.

Valhelm

contribute something
f7e4830f6c.png

SkylineRKR

I rooted for him against Floyd, but what a piece of shit is this guy. I never knew his political views until some time ago.

RM8

I see that brutal KO from Márquez did some permanent damage.

Man, wtf. I was one of the only Mexicans rooting for him back when he was stomping all over Mexican boxers left and right. I johned for him at some point ("Márquez got lucky with that punch"). Disposable piece of trash, Canelo has been my favourite for ages anyway.

CrocoDuck

Eh. Klitschko, Fury, Pacquiao can all get f'd. RIP Jennifer. Stop the world, I want to get off.

I think any hardcore boxing fan is well aware of Pacquiao's religious beliefs that lead him to saying things like this. I'm aware of Fury's comments in the past, but I'm curious to what Klitchko has said in the past that binds him together with these two?

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
Yes, if there's one thing that the Christ of the Gospels can teach us, it's that some people are just asking for it

what a garbage person with garbage voters, spitting garbage

I think any hardcore boxing fan is well aware of Pacquiao's religious beliefs that lead him to saying things like this. I'm aware of Fury's comments in the past, but I'm curious to what Klitchko has said in the past that binds him together with these two?

Same as Fury iirc. Gays are child abusers, should be murdered and similar junk. There were reports of his political/personal viewpoints around the time of Euromaidan. Terrible role models which is a shame because boxing often speaks to disaffected youths and these sportsmen could make a real difference concerning violence against LGBT. Haters gonna hate, though.

Hasn't he come out before as being pretty anti-LGBT in the past? He's a piece of garbage, so no surprise he would say something like this.

see5harp

The brand of Catholicism that exists in his home country is especially despicable. Seriously. They be on that voodoo Jesus shit.

El Topo

Same as Fury iirc. Gays are child abusers and similar junk. There were reports of his political/personal viewpoints around the time as Euromaidan. Terrible role models which is a shame because boxing often speaks to disaffected youths and these sportsmen could make a real difference concerning violence against LGBT. Haters gonna hate, though.

I'd like a source on that please. I know of at least one proven statement by Vitali (other than other negative/bad stuff), but I wasn't aware of any negative statement by Wladimir.
Wlad for example took a stance against the shit Fury said about homosexuals (and other groups).

The same translation of the bible he's quoting also says you shouldn't wear wool and linen at the same time. It also says that women should dress modestly and not in expensive clothing and jewelry. Someone should let him know that his wife is going against his beliefs.

This guy is an ass hat.

There's also a follow up passage in Corinthians, from that same translation, that says a woman should cut off all of her hair if she doesn't pray with a veil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom