• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Politico: Hannity Calls for Staff Meeting

cakely

C-xuSZcXgAEyLDY.jpg

Hannity is 6' tall. Gorka looks like an actual giant in that picture. How tall is he?

Manzoon

Banned
God, I forgot all about Michael Savage. I used to listen to him every night just in awe of what I was hearing. I like to think that even conservatives view him as a raving lunatic.

My dad listens to him and Limbaugh a lot, it is pretty depressing. I force him to change the station from talk radio if I have to drive anywhere with him.

You'd think that... but... nope.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/andy-lack-msnbc-donald-trump_us_5907422de4b0bb2d086fb7a8

This is a good article. It would be unfortunate if Lack succeeds, but as the article details his moves towards centricism and away from minority hosts hurt ratings, so maybe at some point he will have to answer for that?

From the article:

But Lack, in seeking to make this vision a reality, has an unusual problem for a TV executive: sky-high ratings. Since the election of Trump, MSNBC’s liberal primetime programs hosted by Chris Hayes, Rachel Maddow and Lawrence O’Donnell have surged not just in ratings but in the share of the cable news audience they’re capturing. In its earnings call on Thursday, NBCUniversal specifically cited the boost in ratings to “The Rachel Maddow Show” for a spike in profits. Maddow has been the top show on cable news in the key demographic for two months running, an inconceivable achievement at MSNBC.

Tossing those primetime hosts overboard while they’re raking in viewership and revenue has so far proved an elusive task.

“Hayes, Maddow, O’Donnell ― the entire primetime lineup is doing record numbers and Lack can’t stand it. It makes him furious,” said one senior MSNBC source, echoing the sentiment of many other insiders who spoke to HuffPost only on the condition of anonymity. (An NBC spokesman said Lack is happy with the high ratings.)

Lack just sounds like he's a fucking idiot, so if he succeeds in shooting himself in the foot I guess that's his prerogative. It's really fucking clear that the audiences are actively looking for liberal slants in their primetime programming, he's an imbecile if he looks at those ratings and the general sentiment brewing underneath and thinks "nah, let's imitate those Fox News blowhards who are imploding as we speak!"

Oppo

I never thought I'd see Fox News fail under a Republican president, especially one so gross as Trump. It's a thin silver lining, but I'll take it.

right? that's one of the strangest side-effects of the Trump presidency.

I cling to the idea that his whole election will turn out to be the last short spectacular fireball of the Republican party

edit - thing about this image is...

C-xuSZcXgAEyLDY.jpg

first you're like, what's up with the head size disparity

but then you see the arrow blasting into Hannity's cranium at speed, and you smile a little

TaterTots

Banned
"the last short spectacular fireball of the Republican party."

Doubt it. There will always be pro lifers, pro gun, religion, etc to keep people conservative.

Poor Hannity. Just heard him on the radio. He is now attacking what he calls the "Liberal Facists".

Is that even possible? Liberals are now Communists AND Facists?

zethren

Banned
Poor Hannity. Just heard him on the radio. He is now attacking what he calls the "Liberal Facists".

He's backed into a corner and has to lash out against everyone. He just has to be the victim all the time.

old

He's such a coward he won't work anywhere where he's not well-connected to the executives and getting special treatment.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
The old white people I know turn to One America News, when Fox ain't giving them their fix.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_America_News_Network

The actual news is not as blatantly biased as Fox, but it still has plenty of over-the-top conservative editorial shows masquerading as news - plenty to get 'em riled up again.

Looks like you only can mostly only get it through DirecTV with a few exceptions at the moment. A lot of conservatives probably don't have access to it on TV.

Carnby

This isn't new. He's been saying this phrase for a couple of months, at least.

This is what happens when you wrap yourself too far into a bubble with only like minded people. You become someone like Hannity that loves someone that bragged about sexual assault. All because Trump was the "best" at attack Obama because they hate him so much.

Zenner

Looks like you only can mostly only get it through DirecTV with a few exceptions at the moment. A lot of conservatives probably don't have access to it on TV.

Here in Southern California it's on ATT's U-Verse and Verizon Fios. Still, it's probably limited in viewership, yes. Wikipedia says it's in about 15 million homes.

They had no advertising when it first started running, and pledged to viewers they'd only accept high-quality advertisers. (Not exactly sure what that meant, tbh. Maybe no local used-car dealerships?). Then later, the network ran a campaign to get viewers to call their cable providers and demand that OAN get 10 cents from each cable subscription, similar to how the big cable channels get paid. I've no idea how that worked out for them, or if they're still being privately funded.

I can see OAN grabbing a much bigger share of the market, if Fox loses all its firebrands or tries to re-center as a more moderate channel to appeal to a younger demographic.

God, I forgot all about Michael Savage. I used to listen to him every night just in awe of what I was hearing. I like to think that even conservatives view him as a raving lunatic.
Michael Savage is a fucking radio terrorist. How can anyone hear this bastard for more than 2 minutes? I tuned in once, and he berated a vietnam veteran and calls him a commie who probably fought for vietcong to his face after he said he was a Democrat.

Top Bottom