• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Poll: Senate GOP candidates take 30 pt hit when voters learn they support Trumpcare

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Link. Bottom of the link for the report.

The poll numbers for Senate Republican candidates take an approximately 30-point hit when voters learn they're supporting their party's bill to repeal and replace Obamacare, according to a poll set to be released on Friday.

The poll found that, in a vacuum, voters in 10 battleground states are split almost evenly about Republican senate candidates — with 21 percent of voters viewing them favorably and 20 percent viewing them unfavorably.

But when told their Republican senate candidates supported the GOP's health care bill, voters turned sharply against their representatives. In that case, the candidates' unfavorability rating jumps from 21 percent to 52 percent, according to the new polling from Priorities USA and Senate Majority PAC.

The numbers are even more dramatic when the polling is mixed in with attacks on the GOP health bill. ”After hearing criticisms of the Republican plan, voters in these Senate battlegrounds went from leaning toward voting the Democrat in 2018 by a healthy 48-38 margin, to leaning toward the Democrat by an even more robust 56-35 margin — an 11-point jump," the poll stated.

DtbEd1b.gif

They may answer so in the polls, but their "hatred meter" will trump all logic once they get to the voting booth.
Guaran-fucking-teed

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Global Strategies Group and Garin-Hart-Young, it's an internal poll commissioned by Priorities USA, a Dem superPAC so take it with a grain of salt.

Yeah, I saw it was priorities USA, and internal polling is often fantastic information.. but the timing and releasing the information feels like an attempt at getting money into the coffers.

I want this to be true, but I the Senate map is hell and a ~40 point swing when given "information" about Trumpcare 1) Feels like push polling 2) Feels too big.

robochimp

So they'll drop their support rightttt? I'll still have health insurance in 3 years?

They'll just hurry up and get it done. Voters have a poor memory and they would like to keep fresh GOP challengers for Dem seats from having to weigh in.

rjinaz

They'll just hurry up and get it done. Voters have a poor memory and they would like to keep fresh GOP challengers for Dem seats from having to weigh in.

I don't think they will forget about losing healthcare or their friends and family losing healthcare. Also it's not exactly a slow process, it's going to be talked about all the time from now and well up to the 2018 elections. It's not going to be forgotten that fast.

Volimar

It's nice to see that they're becoming a little more informed. Now they just need to stand up against it come voting time.

Good. If Trumpcare passes, then all bets are off next year. The Senate will be back on the table.

I hope the Dems are already preparing ads for the contested House seats since those fuckers already voted on it. Even Californian Republicans voted for it. Those seats are ripe for the picking next year.

MightyKAC

They'll still vote for them though.

The hard core faithfuls undoubtedly will and nothing can change that.

However, not everyone who votes republican drinks the entire pitcher of kool-aid.

Some just vote R thinking (falsely) that it's in their best interests.

Losing healthcare coverage could be just the thing to make some of them reconsider their political options.

BasicMath

Is it ok to trust polls again?

I want to believe, but you can't trust Lemmings to preserve themselves.
Priorities USA and Senate Majority PAC

A quick google search should tell you that one's a Dem PAC and the other is displaying "Fighting Against The Koch Brothers" on their front page. If your sources have the possibility of being influenced by Dark Money, you should know by now that they're no good.

Republicans have kind of backed themselves into a corner. For the past 8 years they have pushed for the repeal of the ACA while promising lower premiums and better coverage for more people. People bought into the messaging and voted republican thinking they had an essentially democrat style position on healthcare. But now that they are in power and are showing their true colors, the voters are going to reject them and go back to voting democrat. Republicans only options are to genuinely try to improve the ACA, or go forward with their Trumpcare and lose their seats.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Even though Obamacare gets heat from progressives for not being a single payer system, it's actually genius in how it frames the debate so that anything the Republicans try to pass that has less coverage is political poison.

youveactivatedmytrapcard.gif

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
That's what I have been saying, the whole internal conflict portrayed at the Democratic party is completely overblown, they don't have to focus on themselves, they just have to keep tailing the GOP and explain to everyone impacted HOW they are impacted by each and everything they do. That's all they have to do, everywhere across the country, daily. They have been wasting a lot of time, opposition parties the world over would dream to have the kind of material they have.

Dems need to stop with the dumb revolutions and purity tests, and focus on the Republicans and communicating to the people affected what they are doing.

A two-party system makes it that politics are NEVER about your own party, it's always about the other one, and they need to accept that and capitalize on what is being handed to them.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Then the GOP reminds them about all the scary dark skinned people and foreigners destroying the American Dream and they don't care anymore.

norm9

Not dying is a good issue to pivot on, but more importantly there's illegals out there raping, and exploding, and stealing our guns.

Top Bottom