• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Poll: Which 9th-Generation video-game console do you intend to purchase?

Which console do you intend to purchase?

• Xbox Series X

Votes: 17 10.1%
  • Xbox Series S

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • PlayStation 5

Votes: 86 50.9%
  • PlayStation 5 Digital Edition

Votes: 18 10.7%
  • Xbox Series X & PlayStation 5

Votes: 32 18.9%
  • Xbox Series X & PlayStation 5 Digital Edition

Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Xbox Series S & PlayStation 5

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Xbox Series S & PlayStation 5 Digital Edition

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Arkam

PlayStation 5 and PC. Should give me more content than I will ever play (just like this gen). Plus I am trying to juggle fewer DRM accounts so its PSN and Steam only for the next few years at least.

kunonabi

Just a Switch for me assuming they finally release a decent model.

I'm not buying a PS5 under any circumstance. Might get an XsX if they cancel battletoads and dont do anything else painfully stupid.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Buying both Xbox Series X (primary, exclusives and multi-platform games) and PlayStation 5 Disc Edition (secondary, exclusives only) day one.

Will also be buying the following six games for Xbox Series X that im expecting to be available at launch -

1. Assassin's Creed Valhalla
2. Cyberpunk 2077
3. Outriders
4. The Ascent
5. The Avengers
6. Watch Dogs Legion

PlayStation 5 -
1. Spider Man: Miles Morales

And "renting" the following three games via Game Pass -
1. Gears Tactics
2. Halo Infinite
3. The Medium

Last edited by a moderator:

Bolivar687

Banned
The Sony tilt on GAF is very interesting to me.

I've seen a handful of polls on tech oriented sites (TechPowerUp, Anand tech, Extremetech, etc) with far more responses (in the thousands per poll) which seem to indicate this coming console generation is going to be a 50/50 split. In these other polls I've seen so far, there seems to be a slight preference for the XseX by about 50.5% vs PS5 at 49.5%.

Of course, even larger polls should be taken with a grain of salt. And polls on GAF with such a low sample size have almost no statistical relevance at all. But the polls on here ARE interesting at least from the standpoint that there seem to be a lot more Sony centric users here vs Xbox users.

Real life has more Sony centric users than Xbox.

PS5 is inevitably outselling XSX 2:1 no matter what price or games Microsoft announces this month. I would say it's far more interesting and surprising that users on tech enthusiast websites have an even split than it is that NeoGAF more or less tracks the broader market reality.

Fbh

At this point I'm leaning more towards a Ps5 simply because I tend to like Sony exclusives a lot more than MS ones, and I own a lot of Ps4 games so I'd be nice to be able to keep playing them (and that way I can sell my pro).
But if the Series X has a good price and offers a notorious advantage in third party games I might go with that one at first and then get a Ps5 (or a Ps5 pro) down the line to play the exclusives.
Ideally though I'd rather go with PC. More options and thanks to regional pricing games are so much cheaper I really think when combined with free multiplayer it will end up compensating for the higher hardware costs after 3-4 years.

Last edited:
The Sony tilt on GAF is very interesting to me.

I've seen a handful of polls on tech oriented sites (TechPowerUp, Anand tech, Extremetech, etc) with far more responses (in the thousands per poll) which seem to indicate this coming console generation is going to be a 50/50 split. In these other polls I've seen so far, there seems to be a slight preference for the XseX by about 50.5% vs PS5 at 49.5%.

Of course, even larger polls should be taken with a grain of salt. And polls on GAF with such a low sample size have almost no statistical relevance at all. But the polls on here ARE interesting at least from the standpoint that there seem to be a lot more Sony centric users here vs Xbox users.

Or you think that there is tilt when there isnt? (maybe you dont like the idea that ps5 is much more popular and this is your reasoning, dunno)

More logical reasoning would be that on sites you mentioned, most users are from US which is the main zone for xbox(+UK) as in only or one of few areas where xbox and playstation are equally popular.

Maybe on gaf there are more international users?

Because playstation is much more popular on global scale.

So this would be one reason why it is not 50/50 here and it is 50/50 on few places.

on european polls I have seen ps5 at 70-80% vs 20-30% xsex

So, unless there is data of nationalities of participants, it is hard to know if numbers represent "xbox biased US" or "global numbers"

Global numbers matter the most, no point to watch numbers from some random country which could have 90% popularity for one system.

My answer is of course PS5, xbox isnt popular here, 100% of my friends whom own consoles, own playstation.

Last edited:
Eventually both, but probably Series X to start and then PS5 down the line maybe a year after Series X.

Though there's a chance I won't be buying either console this year because I need to do a big upgrade on my PC.

Mirumi

Neo Member
PS5 Day 0.

XSS if it has a Disc maybe 3-6 months in.
XSX if XSS doesnt have a disc maybe 1 year in after first major price drop.

Top Bottom