• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Poll: White users, do you feel superior to black people?

As a white person, do you feel superior to black people?

• Yes

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • No

Votes: 88 92.6%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 2 2.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinKeene

Banned
Disclaimer: This might be a touchy subject. Realize that before you reply and read the OP.

Inspired by this posting and what followed I created this thread to ask a simple question:

White NeoGAF members, do you generally feel superior to black people?

There's constant accusations from some users that NeoGAF is full of racists now. Let's explore that. I agree with user I linked in so far that there's an awful lot of rude users on this forum now, much more so than before. I'm glad we can have debates about pretty much anything now, but at the same it seems many users took that as an invitation for a shiity tone, choice of words and malicious 'smirkingness'.

Ideally, I'd like to have the free range if opinions we have now, combined with a respectful tone towards each other, no matter how much you disagee with someone - and if someone is posting alt-right/auth-left bs in a hateful way, use the report function.

With that said, back on the main topic: Do you feel superior? In any tiny fraction of a bit? If so why? Also do you have any negativw prejudices/ressentiments against black people? What and why, and do you think it's black people's own fault?

jdforge

Banned
No I don’t in anyway feel superior to any other human.

In regards to black people I have to say that as a resident of Belfast it is extremely nice to see a black community starting to thrive in South East Belfast.

Historically Belfast was not a welcoming place or a place that promoted ethnical diversity but I’m glad that’s starting to change.

Shiki_

Banned
Is this really needed? What is with the constant obsession with skin color on gaming forums?
Kevin is salty because his Media-Create thread was merged with other one (late, but which clearly respected Chris layout and put links to past threads)

Gander

Banned
Pretty much all races have had their turn ruling the world. The superior race concept is pretty much something that started with Nazis and should die with them.

Let's not forget the irony of Hitler being a Jew exterminating Jews. Crazy person.

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned
Pretty much all races have had their turn ruling the world. The superior race concept is pretty much something that started with Nazis and should die with them.

Let's not forget the irony of Hitler being a Jew exterminating Jews. Crazy person.

Not sure if that was ever proven fact and is more of an olds wifes tale. If you can direct me to a legitimate historian that has proven this hypothesis I am willing to read but as far as I know most people say he was not jewish.

I agree with the rest of your post.

cryptoadam

Banned
Even though I am not "white" I said no and why is this only directed at white people?

Can other races or ethnicity not have superiority or racist thoughts? Why can't this also include Hispanics or Arabs as well? It is well known Arabs and Spaniards were involved in the slave trade. Heck Arabs today are selling black people for 400$ at auction.

Solomeena

Banned
This thread is not needed at all. OP, do you really expect anyone to vote YES? And why is this aimed at white people only? Really bigoted of you if you ask me. KevinKeene KevinKeene

Last edited:

Super Mario

Banned
I do not feel superior to anyone based on skin color or race. I've personally known black people and heard of/read about black public figures that dwarf anything I will probably ever do. I live in a middle-class area that actually has many black neighbors. I actually talk to my black neighbors more than the white ones. The world's racial problems are rarely about skin color, contrary to what the media wants to stir up. What Conservative is mad to see a black person at a Conservative event or wearing a MAGA hat?

Now to those who believe the Liberal narrative on black oppression, BLM, never get out of inner city ghetto culture, welfare queens, or whatever victim movements they want, I believe you are just wrong. The victim mentality never helps anyone in life. The best move I ever made in my career, bar none, was eliminating all excuses. Anyone who makes excuses, I will try to help get past that. It's my job. If you refuse to help yourself, I feel pity for you.

Last edited:

KevinKeene

Banned
Is this really needed? What is with the constant obsession with skin color on gaming forums?

I agree. I created this thread because the constant 'NeoGAF is now overrun with alt-right!' is extremely grating. Since I dislike beating around the bush, I asked a clear question. Now any alt-righter who isn't a scared coward will need to say 'yes'. If not, he admits to being a scared coward. On the other hand, it's a thread to show those who believe we're all alt-rightersthat they're (probably) wrong.

Last edited:

entremet

I agree. I created this thread because the constant 'NeoGAF is now overrun with alt-right!' is extremely grating. Since I dislike beating around the bush, I asked a clear question. Now any alt-righter who isn't a scared coward will need to say 'yes'. If not, he admits to being a scared coward. On the other hand, it's a thread to show those who believe we're all alt-rightersthat they're (probably) wrong.
This thread makes it look worse, tho. Way worse.

Gander

Banned
Not sure if that was ever proven fact and is more of an olds wifes tale. If you can direct me to a legitimate historian that has proven this hypothesis I am willing to read but as far as I know most people say he was not jewish.

I agree with the rest of your post.

It was suspected that he was, Hitler is not his biological father's name and research was done on his living relatives that showed traces of Jewish descent.

Last edited:

klosos

No defiantly not, am just trying to do my best and get by in life like most people. A lot issues in life are universal like paying bills etc, if you speak to someone who's s a different colour, religion so on they will have the same concerns and worries that you do.

cryptoadam

Banned
It was suspected that he was, Hitler is not his biological father's name and research was done on his living relatives that showed traces of Jewish descent.

I don't think it was ever proven and like I said its more of urban myth then reality.

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/was-hitler-jewish

Though the idea may seem preposterous to some, the question seems to stem from the remote possibility that Hitler's grandfather was Jewish. Hitler's father, Alois, was registered as an illegitimate child with no father when born in 1837 and to this day Hitler's paternal grandfather is unknown. Alois’ mother, Maria Schicklgruber, is known to have worked in the home of a wealthy Jew, so there is some chance, however small, that a son in that household got Hitler's grandmother pregnant.

In 1933, the London Daily Mirror published a picture of a gravestone in a Jewish cemetery in Bucharest inscribed with some Hebrew characters and the name Adolf Hitler, but this Bucharest Hitler could not have been the Nazi leader’s grandfather. At the time, though, this picture sufficiently worried Hitler that he had the Nazi law defining Jewishness written to exclude Jesus Christ and himself.

There is a small chance but most legitimate scholars don't believe the theory. I would be more than interested to read up on the subject if you have any legitimate sources. Outside of that it makes an interesting conspiracy theory to say one of the biggest Jew haters in history was a Jew himself but thats what it is for now a conspircay theory with only specualtion and hersay behind it.

Anyways don't want to derail the thread. As I said I would read legitimate links if provided. Its a minor point anyways doesn't change his monstrous actions across Europe and all the death and destruction he caused, not limited only to Jews but a great majority of the peoples of Europe and Russia.

Kev, I know you're trying to help but this seriously isn't the best way to go forward with that and gives more of an impression of being a bit more than tone deaf on this issue and how others viewing it would react to it. Not to mention that a good number will look at the topic title and not even bother with it as it would confirm whatever biases against the site they already have.

I think it would be best if this particular topic were closed and then scrubbed.

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
It's only really worth feeling superior to stupid people. There's tons of them, so you'll get your smugness fill every day. That way you get to feel superior to people of all walks of life just on the basis that their brain no work so good.

Feeling superior to an entire race is a gamble you can easily lose a lot of the time. Just go with stupid.

Lister

Banned

It's not proven fact. Some DNA taken from relatives show that the family had a haplogroup that is uncommon in Western Europeans but more common in people of North African and Jewish descent. But that doesn't just because it is uncommon doesn't mean it's never present in people of European descent.

Gander

Banned
It seems intensely important to your that he isn't Jewish.
I don't think it was ever proven and like I said its more of urban myth then reality.

https://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/was-hitler-jewish

There is a small chance but most legitimate scholars don't believe the theory. I would be more than interested to read up on the subject if you have any legitimate sources. Outside of that it makes an interesting conspiracy theory to say one of the biggest Jew haters in history was a Jew himself but thats what it is for now a conspircay theory with only specualtion and hersay behind it.

Anyways don't want to derail the thread. As I said I would read legitimate links if provided. Its a minor point anyways doesn't change his monstrous actions across Europe and all the death and destruction he caused, not limited only to Jews but a great majority of the peoples of Europe and Russia.

Oh I see that causes a lot of problems if he was Jewish doesn't it?

Last edited:

120v

there's a lot of really cool white people. frank sinatara, mark wahlberg, most of the cast on Cheers...

but lot them are bad, for example the singer for nirvana did a lot of drugs. so in ways they're bad examples for kids but cool at the same time

KevinKeene

Banned
Kev, I know you're trying to help but this seriously isn't the best way to go forward with that and gives more of an impression of being a bit more than tone deaf on this issue and how others viewing it would react to it. Not to mention that a good number will look at the topic title and not even bother with it as it would confirm whatever biases against the site they already have.

I think it would be best if this particular topic were closed and then scrubbed.

If the mods think so, I've got no problem with this thread being closed.

I'm just really sick of both random alt-right!'-accusations and also the rude, dismissive, gleeful tone that maby users indeed display about topics that they know are controversial.

As I said: NeoGAF is now welcoming opinions of all sorts. It shouldn't be welcoming assholes :/

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
It's only really worth feeling superior to stupid people. There's tons of them, so you'll get your smugness fill every day. That way you get to feel superior to people of all walks of life just on the basis that their brain no work so good.

Feeling superior to an entire race is a gamble you can easily lose a lot of the time. Just go with stupid.
This.

The strange thing is, I still want to help people of all races. The problem is you get called a nazi/racist/sexist when you try.

Last edited:

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
We are both human. Why should i feel superior over someone who is of the same species?

History has shown what happens when humans start to act superior over others in unhealthy ways.

Zog

Banned
Of course not and quite frankly I am tired of being accused of it in a general sense (as a white person). The thread whining is insane, whites are accused of racism on a regular basis so a question like this is needed.

Last edited:

I'm just really sick of both random alt-right!'-accusations and also the rude, dismissive, gleeful tone that maby users indeed display about topics that they know are controversial.

As I said: NeoGAF is now welcoming opinions of all sorts. It shouldn't be welcoming assholes :/

I understand that and I agree with you. The problem however still lies in our low user count and that GAF is still trying to find it's own footing again. Things have gotten better over the last month in terms of activity and it's light years better than it was in Dec and Jan but it's still slow in going.

At this moment, as frustrating as it is is simply to take the lumps when they come. Only when others come and actively interact with us through other threads will get people to change their minds and a userbase that will hopefully grow in time will help in the long-term.

The issue though is that its going to be and will likely stay being slow on the uptick in the near future.

As I said in the other post I know you are trying to help but the topic itself in name and execution comes off as tone deaf for such a charged issue - especially here in the US. And again, there will be those who don't like GAF or are looking to see how it is will simply look at the thread title without checking the thread itself and thier own biases, if any, will be confirmed to them.

So please, in the short term let's just take the lumps going forward.

Papa

Banned
I think it’s a pretty silly and unnecessary thread that is going to get taken completely out of context elsewhere. Let the tears of the hand wringers wash down your back like water off a duck’s.

Also, because the votes are anonymous, it’s pretty easily hijacked. I can see the likes of Shiki and co. voting yes to make it appear that the big bad alt-right boogeyman is actually here.

Last edited:

This board isn't moving that fast.

I haven't seen any "alt-right" accusations outside of you and a few others claiming people are shouting "alt right".

JordanN

Banned
Poor you, let's hear your ideas and see why.
Well for starters, I support Donald Trump. But that's enough to be labeled an "evil racist" by a lot of people. Even if there's evidence to the contrary.

Last edited:

ickythingz

Banned
I am superior to everyone. This answer does not exist in your poll, so I am not voting. No, I am not kidding either.

Ke0

I highly doubt most would answer truthfully if they did.
This.

The strange thing is, I still want to help people of all races. The problem is you get called a nazi/racist/sexist when you try.

Lol

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned
It seems intensely important to your that he isn't Jewish.

Oh I see that causes a lot of problems if he was Jewish doesn't it?

I was correcting your error thats all. I have asked you for links to legitimate scholars and you haven't provided.

Him being Jewish or not doesn't change that he was a monster that killed untold millions, be they jew or non jew.

Papa

Banned
This board isn't moving that fast.

I haven't seen any "alt-right" accusations outside of you and a few others claiming people are shouting "alt right".

Uhhh you aren’t paying attention then.

Can someone a bit higher on the spectrum and with a bit more spare time trawl through the state of the forum and off-site (aka Era) threads and show all the alt-right accusations?

appaws

Banned
People deserve to be judged as individuals.

(As for this thread...I think people are going too far overcompensating for the repressive atmosphere of the past...trying to be edgy for edge's sake.)

Alfadawg

Banned
Uhhh you aren’t paying attention then.

Can someone a bit higher on the spectrum and with a bit more spare time trawl through the state of the forum and off-site (aka Era) threads and show all the alt-right accusations?

The word on the street is that gaf has been infiltrated by the alt right. Or at least they tried. Just look at all the fake news on here being posted, the fake "old woman arrested for questioning Muslims praying" is a good example.

No one is going to admit it!

Also, the current trend in racist circles is to play the victim not powerful

I see. So you are in people's heads and also in the know about racist circles. Do tell how you come across this information.

Or stop talking out of your ass and projecting nonsense.

Shiki_

Banned
Also, because the votes are anonymous, it’s pretty easily hijacked. I can see the likes of Shiki and co. voting yes to make it appear that the big bad alt-right boogeyman is actually here.
6xk8txm

p897uew

Sure buddy.

JCK75

Nope
Blacks are on average better athletes, have larger penises, have more charisma and charm when it comes to wooing the ladies.
They are superior and that scares some white people (but not me)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom