• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Polygon: The Marvel Games team knows you want a new Marvel vs. Capcom

Watch it go nowhere, and I cannot blame them.

They are most likely interested in high profit, multi million selling genres and game series. The new games that come close to this from marvel are f2p, make of that what you will.

It would be cool to get another high budget, hardcore focused fighting games on current gen platforms, but I just don't see it making business sense, nor do I see a dev that could do it justice. Capcom does not seem to care.

The best Marvel VS Capcom game we got in the past 15 years didn't even have Marvel characters in it.

Tripon

I'm not trying to be overly cynical, but this strikes me as completely run-of-the-mill PR and not at all newsworthy.
Eh, I think Ong realizes that a project like just offering a port to UMvC3 to current consoles would go a long way and cost them nothing. I personally don't E pe t a new game, but even lip service is worth something. It's more than what we had before.

vg260

It's a great update. Still don't get why they released it 9 months later MvC3 came out. If they just waited 3 months, nobody would have felt gypped at the update.

Supposedly all those were meant as DLC, but the earthquake and expiring contract caused them to change plans.

PSGames

『Inaba Resident』;207854916 said:
For the love of god, please
Hell, I'd be completely satisfied with a port of UMvC3 with balance changes. Just give me something

I mean seriously. Just give me 1080p and I'd be perfectly happy with double dipping. It's practically free money.

nillapuddin

Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites

lupinko

But we also want our X-Men and Fantastic Four characters.

We need dat foot dive, dat 50sent, dat AH AH AH LIGHTNING ATTACK, dat AHVB, dat Dark Phoenix and dat rom infinite.

Also Deadpool and everybody else associated.

Shang

Betting now that we get a new fighting game entity with just Marvel characters, as Capcom doesn't market nearly as well anymore

Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites

Not worth the effort, UMVC3 is gorgeous.

Neoxon

Eh, I think Ong realizes that a project like just offering a port to UMvC3 to current consoles would go a long way and cost them nothing. I personally don't E pe t a new game, but even lip service is worth something. It's more than what we had before.
But a UMvC3 port would be a great way to inject a little more life into the UMvC3 competitive scene while they wait for MvC4 to come out (if it happens).

Anth0ny

"There's nothing we can say at this time," Ong told Polygon. "Let's just say that we hear that a lot. We love our fans and we certainly want to please them. Beyond that we can't say anything at this time. But who knows what the future holds?"

3Evcf.png
3Evcf.png
3Evcf.png

YO CONFIRMED?

MAHVEL 4 CONFIRMED

LETS GOOOOOO

tumblr_n5drkjZr8X1tx9id2o1_400.gif

eqHeTcD.gif

swagnetonhox1.gif

jBTAafI.gif

yeahhh, just gunna have to agree to disagree.

Im not 3D-shaming or anything, but sprites would blow me away

It would blow me away too, but let's keep it real, sprites are way, way too expensive for Capcom atm. It's not happening.

And like i said, umvc3 is a beautiful game, it's not like the game was looking like SF4.

I wonder how updating a game as old as UMVC3 would go over with fans.
I love UMVC3. I don't need 4, id take 3 again with 10-15 new characters added to the existing roster.

Neoxon

Since they'd probably force an MCU centric roster can we at least get MCU costumed?
I'm feeling too much hype to care, anymore. But I still fear for the backlash Capcom would get when we lose Wolverine, Doctor Doom, Deadpool, Storm, Magneto, Sentinel, & the others.

It would blow me away too, but let's keeping it real, sprites are way, way too expensive for Capcom atm. It's not happening.

And like i said, umvc3 is a beautiful game, it's not like the game was looking like SF4.

The dream died when Guilty Gear moved to models. King of Fighters biting the bullet was just the nail.

At least KOF XIII is a great game for sprites to go out on.

It ain't Mahvel without dat 20+ year old Morrigan sprite.

morrigan-mvc-stance.gif

SOUL FIST
SHADOW BREEAK!

Neoxon

I wonder how updating a game as old as UMVC3 would go over with fans.
I love UMVC3. I don't need 4, id take 3 again with 10-15 new characters added to the existing roster.
They can't update the roster thanks to the ban. Capcom can re-release it, yes, but the roster cannot be changed. The only example of a game with X-Men characters getting remastered post-ban so far is the Deadpool game from High Moon Studios, & its re-release was untouched. Hell, there may be a chance that Capcom can't even add the Vita features to the console version of UMvC3.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Here's hoping we get a better female showing for the Marvel roster this time. Otherwise I'll ignore this as I did Ultimate.

nillapuddin

Even if I know in my heart of hearts it will never happen, I will never admit it, keep the hope alive.

Ill just take MvC2HD then :D

yes, I know it will never happen :'(

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Please have these characters:

MAHVEL
Ms. Marvel (Kamala)
Squirrel Girl
Moon Knight
Thanos
Ultron

CAPCOM