• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Polygon: The Marvel Games team knows you want a new Marvel vs. Capcom

Ravidrath

How would people feel if they didn't want to do an MvC4, but instead a MSH2?

It seems like the "Capcom" could be the sticking point here.

If it even happens in the first place (which is far from a guarantee right now), I'd peg it for a 2019 release. Capcom would probably want the competitive attention squarely on Street Fighter V for a while.

Honestly, I feel it's already being worked on.

End of 2017 with mayyyybe a early 2018 release.

This gives SF5 time alone and provides capcom another hit to cash in on.

But seriously, they won't let that franchise sit to long. They won't.

Seyavesh

we better get taskmaster back
this man gets it

596r4bR.jpg

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites Sprites

But why

Neoxon

I don't care either way. I just more Marvel fighting game goodness from Capcom.

Honestly, I feel it's already being worked on.

End of 2017 with mayyyybe a early 2018 release.

They want to keep the hype train rolling.
I may be optimistic when it comes to Mahvel, but I'm not that optimistic.

Seyavesh

But who should voice him, Steve Blum or Clancy Brown?

obviously steve blum

clancy brown sounds like a shitty darth vader knockoff while steve blum's mvc3 take is perfect since tony is a super grounded thug from brooklyn who happens to have a pretty convenient superpower, not some criminal mastermind mystic

Sesha

I'd sacrifice everyone for Devil Dinosaur & Moon Girl.

As long as Capcom is developing, I'm good either way.

Incidentally I'd love to see you guys do it. What a world where that is a reality.

Archtreyz

Honestly, at this point Marvel isn't the problem. The rereleases of deadpool and ultimate alliance games prove it.

Capcom management is.

So unless a third party steps in with marketing and possible financial support, it isn't going to happen.
I'm sure Sony would be game, despite the less than desired sales of SFV.

It ain't Mahvel without dat 20+ year old Morrigan sprite.

Whatyearisit.jpg

Seriously, I remember when this joke peaked a decade ago.

Anyway, I know the fanbase is split in the middle for MvC4 regarding the rusted and the "ban" I for one wouldn't mind. There's plenty of characters I think they could add to fill these void just fine.

Alo0oy

Banned
Am I the only one that wants only the Marvel part of MvC? When was the last time we had a Marvel fighting game? The crossover thing is cool and all, but I want a more Marvel story instead of the non-story that usually happens in crossover games.

The MvC team can make it, I just don't want there to be actual crossover, just make a Marvel fighting game.

EDIT: Unless that crossover is with DC, then I'm game, but that's never gonna happen, so give me a Marvel only fighting game.

Neoxon

Yeah I can't help but take it as good news, I feel like they would downplay it more if it wasn't in the cards.
True, but the way the interview was worded sounds as if MvC4 is something that Marvel Games would be entirely open to, but have not sealed the deal with Capcom for as of right now.

I'm sure Sony would be game, despite the less than desired sales of SFV.
SFV still sold okay, all things considered (the numbers we got were as of March 31st). As long as Capcom doesn't rush it out for the Capcom Pro Tour again, MvC4 should be fine sales-wise.

I really like the 3v3 team dynamic.

I mean nothing says Marvel Superheroes 2 can't have 3v3 either. Heck, A new All Marvel fighting game might not even be called MSH2. But yeah, I guess it'd kinda feel a bit empty without the Capcom characters' style clashing with the Marvels.

I do kinda think MSH's infinity gems system is worth revisiting.

Neoxon

Am I the only one that wants only the Marvel part of MvC? When was the last time we had a Marvel fighting game? The crossover thing is cool and all, but I want a more Marvel story instead of the non-story that usually happens in crossover games.

The MvC team can make it, I just don't want there to be actual crossover, just make a Marvel fighting game.

EDIT: Unless that crossover is with DC, then I'm game, but that's never gonna happen, so give me a Marvel only fighting game.
Maybe Marvel does not want the "vs Capcom" part?
So, like I said earlier, Marvel Super Heroes 2?

I'm not sure Capcom got the staff to do justice for a Mvc4 anymore tbh... The MvC3 team was splitted apart right? I'd guess they are doing DMC5 since Sf5 was outsourced so heavily.

Neoxon

I'm not sure Capcom got the staff to do justice for a Mvc4 anymore tbh... The MvC3 team was splitted apart right? I'd guess they are doing DMC5 since Sf5 was outsourced so heavily.
They lost Neo_G to SNK, but I think they have access to everyone else. Eighting are the guys who made (U)MvC3, & I think they're still together. As far as balancing goes, they can get the guy who does SFV if he can manage two games at once.

They lost Neo_G to SNK, but I think they have access to everyone else. Eighting are the guys who made (U)MvC3, & I think they're still together. As far as balancing goes, they can get the guy who does SFV if he can manage two games at once.

Oh I was under the impression that mvc3 was done inhouse, didn't know it was co-developped.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
If they actually consider about marvel fighting game (by Capcom) then it would be few years away from being reality tho. Unless they already had it planned.

I'm totally fine with Marvel Super Heroes 2 or Marvel Vs. Capcom 2. Either one would works for me.

KingBroly

Banned
I wouldn't trust Capcom with a new MvC at all after SF5.

Just re-release UMvC3 for everything and update it. $40, done. Everyone's happy.

bunkitz

Daredevil, Moon Knight, Black Panther, and Agent Venom, please. Please.

Although, I would kind of prefer an Injustice-style Marvel fighting game, I think...

ZeroCDR

True, but the way the interview was worded sounds as if MvC4 is something that Marvel Games would be entirely open to, but have not sealed the deal with Capcom for as of right now.

I'll settle for "eventually," I need at least one more MvC game that gets to fully bake in the oven!

UMvC3 in 4k for Neo launch!

Fix the netcode too and Sony just learned how to make me pay for Plus again.

Neoxon

I wouldn't trust Capcom with a new MvC at all after SF5.

Just re-release UMvC3 for everything and update it. $40, done. Everyone's happy.
Capcom may not be allowed to do any updates to MvC4, since all of the pre-ban Marvel games that include Fox characters were re-released ended up getting remastered untouched. But considering your opinions on SFV, I'm not surprised by your reaction. Though for sure, Capcom wouldn't be able to add characters.

If they actually consider about marvel fighting game (by Capcom) then it would be few years away from being reality tho. Unless they already had it planned.

I'm totally fine with Marvel Super Heroes 2 or Marvel Vs. Capcom 4. Either one would works for me.
I'm of the same thought process. Unless Capcom is already in negotiations with Marvel for MvC4/MSH2, I'm not expecting anything to come of this for a while.

Dahbomb

3Evcf.png
3Evcf.png
3Evcf.png

YO CONFIRMED?

MAHVEL 4 CONFIRMED

LETS GOOOOOO

tumblr_n5drkjZr8X1tx9id2o1_400.gif

eqHeTcD.gif

swagnetonhox1.gif

jBTAafI.gif

LMAO @ this post...

The irony being that it's filled with Magneto, Storm, Sentinel and Yipes (Magneto player) pics/gifs and chances are the game might not have those characters.

Still a moment to rejoice! Only Marvel 4 can kill Marvel 3!

Top Bottom