• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Polygon's Top 100 Games from 2010 to 2019. There is no God.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Boo no Danganronpa

Malio

You know, I try not to generalize, and lump web-sites that I disagree, with into a Shit Pile. I understand different writers have different takeaways from games and gaming culture, but when a list is this fucking ridiculous and it's apparently a "team effort", I'ma have to finally throw Polygon into the Shit Pile.

Last edited:

DZ_b_EZ

Remember, Polygon has been dead for years and whatever they say has no real meaning or merit.

This ridiculous list proves it.

LOLCats

Banned
BOTW at number 2? Fucking lolololol. that shit is in the 30s by my account.

the only thing in that top 10 that looks right is minecraft and Witcher 3.. lolol.

Last edited:

ZehDon

Gold Member
Destiny 2 places above God War.

Like, I play a fucking lot of Destiny 2, but that’s just objectively fucking wrong.
The initial release and the first twelve months of content is the worst garbage Bungie has ever made, and stands as one of the worst sequels in the history of the medium, up there with Crackdown 2. That alone disqualifies it. Good Lord.

Polygon somehow find a way to make me think even less of them after the 250,000 word puff piece they lavishly produced for Anita S. that served as little more than advertising for her business.

Last edited:
F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
This is the worst top 100 list I've ever seen. For ANYTHING!
I'll never go to Polygon again. Oh wait, I've never been to their site or read their articles.
*feeling justified

Fbh

LOL at this entire list.
But the fact there's 14 games under Kim Kardashian: Hollywood is just sad.

"Hey those amazing hand drawn 1930's visuals in your game were awesome, as was the gameplay..... but you know, it's not Kim Kardashian: Hollywood"

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
POLYGON.

:messenger_pouting: :messenger_pouting: :messenger_pouting: :messenger_pouting: :messenger_pouting: :messenger_pouting: :messenger_pouting: :messenger_pouting:

Archive: For those who don't want to give them clicks.

In case you don't want to read the article, here's the god awful list:
  1. Minecraft.
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.
  3. Spelunky.
  4. Kentucky Route Zero.
  5. Pokémon GO.
  6. League of Legends.
  7. P.T.
  8. Dark Souls.
  9. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
  10. Fortnite Battle Royale.
  11. PUBG.
  12. Return of the Obra Dinn.
  13. Gone Home.
  14. Super Mario 3D World.
  15. Everthing.
  16. Nier: Automata.
  17. Persona 4 Golden.
  18. Her Story.
  19. Overwatch.
  20. Journey.
  21. CS: GO.
  22. Stardew Valley.
  23. Rocket League.
  24. Towerfall.
  25. Outer Wilds.
  26. Dishonored 2.
  27. DOOM.
  28. Portal 2.
  29. Florence.
  30. Assassin's Creed: Odyssey.
  31. Bloodborne.
  32. Divinity: Original Sin 2.
  33. Kerbal Space Program.
  34. Tetris Effect.
  35. Read Dead Redemption Collection.
  36. Titanfall 2.
  37. Destiny 2.
  38. God of War.
  39. Firewatch.
  40. Celeste.
  41. NBA 2K12.
  42. The Works of Michael Brough.
  43. SuperHOT.
  44. Thumper.
  45. FIFA 17.
  46. Fallout: New Vegas.
  47. DOTA 2 Auto Chess.
  48. No Man's Sky.
  49. Sea of Thieves.
  50. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
  51. Limbo/Inside.
  52. Undertale.
  53. Death Stranding.
  54. Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn.
  55. Hollow Knight.
  56. Into the Breach.
  57. Civilization VI.
  58. Subsurface Circular.
  59. The Last of Us.
  60. Bayonetta 2.
  61. Frog Fractions.
  62. Super Street Fighter IV.
  63. The Jackbox Party Pack 1-6.
  64. Johann Sebastian Joust.
  65. GTA Online.
  66. Doki Doki Literature Club.
  67. Universal Paperclips.
  68. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.
  69. The Witness.
  70. Diablo III.
  71. Warframe.
  72. Mass Effect 2.
  73. Mario Kart 8.
  74. Two Dots.
  75. Beat Saber.
  76. Gravity Rush 2.
  77. Gorogoa.
  78. The Stanley Parable.
  79. Animal Crossing: New Leaf.
  80. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13.
  81. Oxenfree.
  82. XCOM 2: War of the Chosen.
  83. Papers, Please.
  84. Flappy Bird.
  85. FTL: Faster Than Light.
  86. Kim Kardashian: Hollywood.
  87. Control.
  88. Monster Hunter: World.
  89. Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor.
  90. Resident Evil 7.
  91. Telltale's The Walking Dead.
  92. Device 6.
  93. Total War: Three Kingdoms.
  94. What Remains of Edith Finch.
  95. Cuphead.
  96. Super Mario Maker.
  97. Fire Emblem: Three Houses.
  98. Slay the Spire.
  99. Life is Strange.
  100. Virginia.

:messenger_open_mouth:

Only for that i can forgive them!!

But 76 is no enough, should be top 2 or 1

And NO MANS SKY SHOULD BE THE 76!!!!!!!

EIfzpkWWsAE7mhk

I am the Doctor... and she is my nurse!!

:lollipop_grinning_eyes::lollipop_grinning_eyes::lollipop_grinning_eyes::lollipop_grinning_eyes::lollipop_squinting::lollipop_squinting:

Last edited:

Arachnid

God damn. I want to pick it apart but I honestly don't even know where to start.

At the very least, I'm disturbed at the large lack of horror games (other than RE7 and Bloodborne to a lesser extent). Resident Evil 2 Remake, Alien Isolation, and Dead Space 2 aren't even mentioned, and those are the three best horror games of the past decade. Some of the best I've played in my life, even.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I'm not sure why P4G is counted, I mean it's an expanded version of a game that was released in 2008.

Last edited:
I'm not sure why P4G is counted, I mean it's an expanded version of a game that was released in 2008.
feels like the game that really caused the persona scene to explode in the West

I'm pretty sure it moved a lot of Vitas that otherwise people wouldn't have bought.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I play MineCraft for 10 minutes and I’m bored out of my mind. I won’t spend a dime on a lot of these games and they include Pokémon Go.

Did like a generation of gamers just die out from the plague or something? It’s like we lived through gaming’s equivalent Dark Ages.

How does Frog Ages and Two Dots make this list? Her Story? I feel like that game was boring as hell too. I hated Gone Home because there wasn’t any gameplay to it. It was all audio logs when I looked at stuff.

How does that list become the best? Theres only a small group of people who actually mention those games in a public setting.

Cattlyst

Anyone else wondering if these sites do shit like this because they know it'll get discussed on sites like this? Even negative exposure is exposure, and Polygon is probably feeling a bit neglected since most of the recent faux drama/outrage generation has centred on Kotaku.

Bigrx1

Banned
My nephew tried to get me into Minecraft a few times, always hated it. I think I'm not creative I just want to follow a path laid out for me that is entertaining and accomplish tasks.

Some of that list can be attributed to varying tastes, but some of that list obviously just for trolling and the lols.

I needed a laugh today though, so good on them. Reminding me why i generally don't listen to anything they have to say.

Top Bottom