• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints |OT2| Signed and Numbered Edition of 20000

Meier

Does Mondo allow for visitors and buying posters after a show premiere? I have a work trip to Austin in a couple of weeks. Wondering if I can go to the gallery and buy posters in person, or if that's a negative.

If they don't have a show going, I'm not really sure how the gallery works, but their hours are 12-6 from Tuesday-Saturday. They have a big vinyl display but I'm unsure if they sell general stuff outside of flat file sales. It's only about 8-10 minutes north of downtown or thereabouts so worth a shot either way.

b3b0p

If they don't have a show going, I'm not really sure how the gallery works, but their hours are 12-6 from Tuesday-Saturday. They have a big vinyl display but I'm unsure if they sell general stuff outside of flat file sales. It's only about 8-10 minutes north of downtown or thereabouts so worth a shot either way.

When I went there they didn't have much on display. It's a small place. I don't think you can walk in and buy anything. From what I re-call it's not a store like operation. They have specific times they open for public and pick ups, but maybe that's changed.

Email or call them and ask. They won't bite.

LaneDS

People round here frame stuff too, right?

That's gonna look dope- new pickup or something you've had?

Stout Akira is at the framer and I'm counting down the days. Didn't go too crazy with the frame, because the print is already crazy enough, but will definitely be sharing pics. GitS Ansin will get dropped off then, but I have no idea what I'm doing to do with that yet frame wise.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
GitS Ansin will get dropped off then, but I have no idea what I'm doing to do with that yet frame wise.

I had a difficult time with mine just because there's a lot going on with it. I ended up doing a shadow box and matched the inner sides of the frame to the blues of the print.

LaneDS

Picked it up earlier this year. Juuuust before it blew up in price.

I need to stop trusting the graph on EB to give an accurate read on pricing, because I see what people are listing it for is waaaaaay higher than the $160-ish six month average or $320 "highest price".

Either way, please post pictures when it's all framed up and congrats!

I had a difficult time with mine just because there's a lot going on with it. I ended up doing a shadow box and matched the inner sides of the frame to the blues of the print.

Could you please share some pictures later? I haven't dug too deeply to see what others have done with theirs and could use the inspiration.

fallengorn

Some pics of The Thing boardgame. Can't wait to pick this up and give it a try.

http://ew.com/movies/2017/05/03/the-thing-board-game-first-look/

Of course there'll be a Mondo exclusive version.

Could you please share some pictures later? I haven't dug too deeply to see what others have done with theirs and could use the inspiration.
Sure. Let me see if I can get a decent pic. It's hard taking good pictures of it.

Edit: Here it is:

gits.jpg

Meier

Lovely frame job!

By the way, the Bambi really is absolutely stunning in person. Surprised the eBay prices aren't higher given the print itself was like $85 or some such.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Bottleneck May 4th Release: Rory Kurtz x Star Wars

Rey_325_shadow_1024x1024.jpg

Rey by Rory Kurtz
Archival pigment on Moab Entrada 290gsm cotton rag paper
13 x 19 inches
Hand-numbered edition of 325
$55
Ships in 3 - 4 weeks
Kylo_325_shadow_1024x1024.jpg

Kylo Ren by Rory Kurtz
Archival pigment on Moab Entrada 290gsm cotton rag paper
13 x 19 inches
Hand-numbered edition of 325
$55
Ships in 3 - 4 weeks

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Kurtz is talented but those are boring.

I'd say these are far more interesting than Drive and Captain America. There's a nice "calm before the storm" feeling to them, and the mood is great.

Also, it's cool that it's going to be part of a series:

I wanted to explore these characters in their natural worlds without the constraints of color counts and title placement. It’s an admittedly large sandbox to play in, and I couldn’t think of a better place to start than the Star Wars universe, with Kylo and Rey squaring off in that quiet moment before all hell breaks loose in a snowy landscape. In the future I hope to explore characters in film worlds we’re familiar with, and others far less traveled."

LaneDS

I agree that they're a little bit boring but I'm impressed nonetheless. Particularly by the Rey -- that is probably the best likeness I can recall. The Kylo is just a bit off, but close.

Not into either, but I actually think the Kylo likeness is more on point than the Rey.

Otheradam

The Rey and Kylo would look better as a diptych if they weren't both facing the left...It looks off balance next to each other.

Also what is up with the Mitchell Star Wars prints being $60 now? Weren't they $55 before? Just buying one every time they release with there fairly high shipping prices really kills it for me. I really wanted the Leia but couldn't justify it after shipping.

Filthy Slug

That Jean looks like it'll be a stunner. I thought the Jean Akira, overall, was pretty bad (especially considering the cost), but this looks like it'll be great.

krl87

Neo Member
it's me again, i have a couple spots open for my project with nimit malavia (howl's moving castle - as part of the ghibli series i've been doing) if anyone is interested please let me know! details are below - i do have two concepts that the group will be choosing from. and yes - you must be on facebook to take part.

Howl's Moving Castle by Nimit Malavia
Printed and Shipped by Lady Lazarus
36x24, Edition of 75, 15 APs, 10 Damage Reserve
Aprox 6-8 Colours
Payment due June 16 or 23 (which ever is a payday)
Prices are approx. | US $82 | CAN $86 | INT $ 97

JOINING IS A COMMITMENT - We will be voting on sketch concept IN THE GROUP. Only join if you are 1000% certain you want this print.

5 spots left! :D

fallengorn

Secret pin talk:

Really disappointed the Whalen GotG pins are based on the movie. I want my comic accurate pins. :(

Filthy Slug

Secret pin talk:

Really disappointed the Whalen GotG pins are based on the movie. I want my comic accurate pins. :(

Yeah, wonder if we'll get comic specific ones. Can't wait to pick up my reserved pins from the Drafthouse :)

IronRinn

Today, May 5th at 12pm PST on Cyclops Printworks:

"Summer in Zootopia" by Byron Howard. 24" x 18", 23-color screen print with varnish layer. Signed and numbered edition of 200, $200

"Lazy River Day" by Eric Tan. 14" x 11" letterpress with hand-deckled edges. Signed and numbered edition of 195, $41.77

Filthy Slug

Picked up a Lazy Day letterpress! It's so fucking fun and simple. Also it's not $200.

Shoyz

I was excited when I saw Texas Frightmare's "New Nightmare", but Freddy's goofy bucktooth grin is really hard not to look at. Especially for the serious version of Freddy in that movie. And it's always a bit strange to see a NOES poster without Nancy on it, Freddy barely shows up in New Nightmare. Hrrrm.
For as many posters as NOES has, none have really done it for me yet. Except Graham Humphreys.

IronRinn

Today, Monday, May 8th at 12pm on Bottleneck and Vice Press: Hell or High Water by Marc Aspinall.

18" x 24" screen print. Numbered edition of 120, $40

Haven't seen this yet but I like this dude's style.

Also, speaking of Bottleneck, they are starting a loyalty program. Just sign into your account (or make one) and it should show up.

IronRinn

Friday, May 12th at 3pm UK time on Black Dragon Press.

"A Headlight in the Path of our Breathing" by Daniel Danger. 21” x 31” laser etching on stained Latvian Birch with built-in French cleat for ease of display. Edition of 12, £600

Meier

Today, Monday, May 8th at 12pm on Bottleneck and Vice Press: Hell or High Water by Marc Aspinall.

18" x 24" screen print. Numbered edition of 120, $40

Haven't seen this yet but I like this dude's style.

Would recommend you fix that asap. It is absolutely amazing -- I watched it on a flight a month or two ago and was enthralled the entire time.

fallengorn

So glad Scott did a Twin Peaks cast painting. I think I bugged him twice about it.

Also, speaking of Bottleneck, they are starting a loyalty program. Just sign into your account (or make one) and it should show up.
What about stuff I pick up at NYCC??

Top Bottom