• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints |OT2| Signed and Numbered Edition of 20000

LaneDS

Hmm, that's pretty fun, but I'll probably pass. I find his stuff amusing but not compelling enough to own and display.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
On sale tomorrow, 5/9, at Bottleneck at 12pm EST:

O5QIkAZ.png
Halloween by Matthew Peak
Screen print with spot varnish layer
24 x 36 inches
Hand-numbered edition of 300
$50

Halloween Variant by Matthew Peak
Screen print with spot varnish layer
24 x 36 inches
Hand-numbered edition of 125
$60

Here's a nifty promo video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1vChHPrWbU

LaneDS

http://www.sirmitchell.com/

Three new timed editions up from esteemed frog face artist Mike Mitchell.

scythe_promo.jpg

SCYTHE
$30.00
Image of Scythe
8"x8", printed by Static Medium on cotton rag using archival inks. Signed and numbered timed edition.

himbulbul_promo.jpg

HIMALAYAN BULBUL
$35.00
Image of Himalayan Bulbul
8"x10", printed by Static Medium on cotton rag using archival inks. Signed and numbered timed edition.

honeybee_promo.jpg

HONEY BEE
$10.00
Image of Honey Bee
3"x3", printed by Static Medium on cotton rag using archival inks. Signed and numbered timed edition.

Today I am Rinn.

Great combination, how do you choose the mat colors and frame?

I went in thinking of the opulent gold frame, sort of fitting the old school Hollywood feel of the movie and print.

Was originally thinking just one mat, hopefully similar to the blue at the bottom corners, but couldn't match the color close enough so I went with the grey fabric-stretched mat. My framer talked me into the red inner mat.

omgkitty

Today, Wednesday, May 10th, starting at 10am EST through Wednesday, May, 24th at 12am EST in his shop:

"In The Warmth of the Great Northern" by Scott Campbell. 13" x 20" giclee print. Signed and numbered timed edition, $60

I can't help but feel like this is just a Psychonauts print in the Great Hall. Scott C will always just be the Psychonauts artist to me.

Browny

Banned
Framed up my Tong Mulholland Drive recently. Turned out well.

Looks amazing!!

I've finally got round to ordering frames for the Cyclops Works Frozen pair I bought at the back end of last year.

*waves at Mockingbird*

Looking forward to finally hanging something this year, given that I've bought nothing to date.

IronRinn

Tomorrow, Thursday, May 11th on Mondo: Texas Frightmare 2017: Online Release (Part One).

Phenomena by Jessica Seamans. 18" x 24" screen print. Numbered edition of 225, $45

Phenomena (Variant) by Jessica Seamans. 18" x 24" screen print. Numbered edition of 125, $65

Wes Craven's New Nightmare by Mike Saputo. 24" x 36" screen print. Numbered edition of 250, $50

Friday the 13th Part 3 by Gary Pullin. 18" x 24" screen print. Numbered edition of 250, $45

Looks amazing!!

I've finally got round to ordering frames for the Cyclops Works Frozen pair I bought at the back end of last year.

*waves at Mockingbird*

Looking forward to finally hanging something this year, given that I've bought nothing to date.

Awesome! Post pics please!!!

IronRinn

Today, Thursday, May 11th at 12pm ET on Bottleneck:

Kung-Fu Panda by Patrick Connan. 24" x 36" screen print. Numbered edition of 160, $50

Pixar Pack - Regular The Good Dinosaur & "Thanks for the adventure" by Mark Englert. 24" x 36" & 12" x 36" screen prints. Numbered/AP editions of 335/40, $120

Pixar Pack - Variant The Good Dinosaur & "Thanks for the adventure" by Mark Englert. 24" x 36" & 12" x 36" screen prints. Numbered/AP editions of 100/40, $140

LaneDS

I'm sure these hastily taken pictures do not do it any justice but man, I went for the museum glass on this one and it almost looks like there is no glass at all. Definitely doing that for future prints. I'll post a better shot once I hang it somewhere.

The print is so busy I wanted to do something a little less crazy for a frame (and no mat). Went with a black wooden frame with some red highlights, pretty happy with how it came out.

I'm sure these hastily taken pictures do not do it any justice but man, I went for the museum glass on this one and it almost looks like there is no glass at all. Definitely doing that for future prints. I'll post a better shot once I hang it somewhere.

The print is so busy I wanted to do something a little less crazy for a frame (and no mat). Went with a black wooden frame with some red highlights, pretty happy with how it came out.

A+ work. Live that Museum Glass life.

Luderico

Looks fuckin awesome man.

IronRinn

Great frame up.

fallengorn

Nice frame. It looks great.

LaneDS

Thanks dudes! I haven't hung it up anywhere yet but I had a good while to just stare at it propped up against a wall yesterday and I'm really blown away by that museum glass and the print itself... the crazy composition plus how vivid the colors are is just really something else. When I get it hung up I'll try to take some better photos that show how recessed the print is in the frame, which I also dig.

Related question for the thread- one of the Dangers I have custom framed is super dark and the glass in the frame, possibly because of how dark the print is, is very reflective. Do you think it's worth going back to the framer to have them cut museum glass for it to help with that issue? Print in question:

Thanks dudes! I haven't hung it up anywhere yet but I had a good while to just stare at it propped up against a wall yesterday and I'm really blown away by that museum glass and the print itself... the crazy composition plus how vivid the colors are is just really something else. When I get it hung up I'll try to take some better photos that show how recessed the print is in the frame, which I also dig.

Related question for the thread- one of the Dangers I have custom framed is super dark and the glass in the frame, possibly because of how dark the print is, is very reflective. Do you think it's worth going back to the framer to have them cut museum glass for it to help with that issue? Print in question:

A lot of Dangers suffer from that same issue, especially the ones printed on black paper. Museum will make anything look better, but the only thing that will improve visibility is more light. You'll definitely need the uv protection if you put that under a spot. I've been holding off on framing my Ghost Ship because I don't have an open wall with sufficient lighting.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
A lot of Dangers suffer from that same issue, especially the ones printed on black paper. Museum will make anything look better, but the only thing that will improve visibility is more light. You'll definitely need the uv protection if you put that under a spot. I've been holding off on framing my Ghost Ship because I don't have an open wall with sufficient lighting.

Y'all notice that stealth Ghost Ship brag ;)

LaneDS

Will probably get a quote from the framer to see what it'll cost to get the museum glass plus whatever work goes into them replacing the glass and sealing it back up then. Although we're moving this year, the current place it is hanging is fairly well lit and you see it right as you enter our place. It often feels like more mirror than art, which is a bummer. That print, sort of, is kind of a bummer for the whole "printed on black paper" bit because it looks lovely in online images and in person is just a little too dark.

fallengorn

Yeah, I'd do it. I've got a Danger in my office that is hard to see because of the same issue. Although I'd try museum plexi, depending on the size.

b3b0p

Can you share how much that frame job is costing you? I went expensive and all out on my Cowboy Bebop prints, but after that was hurt so bad I went with the Spotlight Displays after for everything else. I have an Evangelion print still I need to get custom framed because of the size and can't decide to go with the Spotlight Display (affordable/cheap) or a nice custom job.

LaneDS

Yeah, I'd do it. I've got a Danger in my office that is hard to see because of the same issue. Although I'd try museum plexi, depending on the size.

Roger, I will in a couple months. Paid off my student loans after foreeeeeever and went a little crazy on prints (and frames, as you'll see) to celebrate but need to take it easy for a bit.

Can you share how much that frame job is costing you? I went expensive and all out on my Cowboy Bebop prints, but after that was hurt so bad I went with the Spotlight Displays after for everything else. I have an Evangelion print still I need to get custom framed because of the size and can't decide to go with the Spotlight Display (affordable/cheap) or a nice custom job.

Still had the invoice in my back pocket (whoops) but it was $404 after tax. They did a really stellar job though and I've used this place multiple times in the past. Given the size, and the glass used, I felt alright with that.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Is there a Matt Ferguson Blade Runner commission going on right now? He just changed his facebook profile pic to the origami unicorn. If you have details please pm me.

That's been his personal logo for years. He doesn't do commissions anymore, as far as I know.

Risible

Anyone get Halloween by Matthew Peak and decide they didn't like it and are selling at a decent price? If so let me know. So sad I missed it. :(

Browny

Banned
So my frames arrived... on the same day that my dad goes on holiday for 2 weeks. Prints are on his dining room table being flattened.

Such is life :-(

IronRinn

Tomorrow, Tuesday, May 16th on Mondo: Texas Frightmare 2017: Online Release (Part 2).

An American Werewolf in London by Matt Ryan Tobin. 24" x 36" screen print. Numbered edition of 300, $50

An American Werewolf in London (Variant) by Matt Ryan Tobin. 24" x 36" screen print. Numbered edition of 150, $75

Halloween II by Gary Pullin. 18" x 24" screen print. Numbered edition of 250, $45

Top Bottom