• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF OT 14: The Alpha and The Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazduh

WW7g4eH.png

Tbh I'm really glad Lana doesn't give a shit about the charts. She sticks with her music and concept right through to the end, regardless of success.

Queen.

That's one of the things I appreciate about her. She almost doesn't give a damn (unlike certain girls) and keeps doing her own thing. Not saying she lacks ambition because after all, the calculated "mindie" persona of Lana Del Rey was created in collaboration with Interscope, but she isn't that hungry for success.

SaintZ

Not saying she lacks ambition because after all, the calculated "mindie" persona of Lana Del Rey was created in collaboration with Interscope, but she isn't that hungry for success.
I'm pretty sure she WANTED fame pre BTD but after the SNL backlash, memes and pretty much every medium trashing her she changed her mind lol.

Bladenic

It's nice to see Lana having success ngl. I'm surprised to see Love in the Top 5 still tbh. High By The Beach shot to #2 but dropped like a rock after like a day IIRC.

Interscope needs to wake up and send this to radio. HOT AC at least. I hope she performs something on TV during this era as well, but I'm not holding my breath.

Do any Lana songs even get sent to radio? I feel like they would be hits among AC and even maybe some rock stations but I don't get those charts to know if she has had hits there

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
My favorite thing about the Love video is that Lana's dropped the battered housewife/daddy issues thing and I hope she leaves it behind altogether (as much as I love Ultraviolence). She can serve Betty Draper without looking miserable.

Nice to see her smile. The song's grown on me (the video really helped).

SaintZ

Do any Lana songs even get sent to radio? I feel like they would be hits among AC and even maybe some rock stations but I don't get those charts to know if she has had hits there
They sent Blue Jeans to Triple A radio. It took like a month after it was released but they sent West Coast to Hot AC IIRC. I don't remember what happened with Summertime Sadness tbh since it was a remix. Interscope is a mess.

rhandino

Banned
mJIJnZK.gif

I thought that we were going to move on from that bottomless pit thanks to Juana but since that was also TRASH we are now going to deal with the "In between this 2 flops, what is the one with more artistic integrity and quality behind it" kind of wars from now on.

MANUELF

Banned
If everyone is confessing now I confess that for a short time I actually liked Xtincta more than Godney(I blame her spanish album and my young mind), Im still paying for my sins to this day

DOWN

Banned
I didn't think the Summertime Sadness remix was good and certainly didn't make sense being a bigger hit than her singles

Cinematic, take it right back
With a bottle of perfume lotion
Where'd you come from talking like that?
Butterfly from the bottom of the ocean
And. I. Can't. Stop. This. Slow. Motion. Trip

whitneydancing1.gif

Run away with me, no politics
It's a perfect notion
Your gravity has got me
Bowing in devotion
You and me fit a magic trick

If I'm dancing, if I'm dancing, if I'm dancing
I know the music's good
If we're dancing, if we're dancing, if we're dancing
I know that we'll be good

13.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Bloody noses, riot squad
Prostitution, valium
Hate crime, debutantes
Victims, vixens, Vicodin
Bloody noses, riot squad
Prostitution, valium
Hate crime, debutantes
Victims, vixens, Vicodin

What the fuck are you looking at?
This ain't high school, pussycat
Lookin' down my shirt like it's Disneyland
Like you waitin' for a FastPass
What the fuck?

Controversy, uh-huh
Controversy, uh-huh
Controversy, uh-huh
Controversy, uh-huh
Controversy, uh-huh
Controversy, uh-huh
Controversy, uh-huh
Controversy, uh-huh

whitneydancing1.gif

SaintZ

If everyone is confessing now I confess that for a short time I actually liked Xtincta more than Godney(I blame her spanish album and my young mind), Im still paying for my sins to this day
Mi Reflejo is actually a good album. Pero Me Acuerdo de Ti & Falsas Esperanzas >>>>

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
The Horizon Review thread is a mess

The Sony Stans are fuming that Horizon didn't hit 90, BOTW has 'em SHOOK and now they're coming for Zelda

H2z3VsM.gif

sistren please, Zelda BOTW is going to get dragged for having empty fields in between the dungeons and puzzles. The only people that will be shook are the tragic Nintendo stans that only own a Wii U and have never played a modern AAA open world game.

81XgryC.gif

Vazra

sistren please, Zelda BOTW is going to get dragged for having empty fields in between the dungeons and puzzles. The only people that will be shook are the tragic Nintendo stans that only own a Wii U and have never played a modern AAA open world game.

81XgryC.gif

Besides The Witcher 3 what else is a AAA Open World Game?
aa4d3c0834.gif

Vazra

batman city/knight, fallout games, skyrim, dragon age inquisition, infamous second son, etc. There's nothing new about BOTW, it's just Nintendo stans pretending it's a new concept for some reason.
City is meh
Knight is trash
Fallout/Elder Scrolls are Trash
Dragon Age Offline MMO is meh
I havent played Second Son.

If anything Zelda will be more of the same as these games that try to compensate their shortcoming with a big sandbox.

Is also because of those that voted for Dump to watch the world burn

Dont forget the angry Bernie stans that refused to vote for Hillary
aa4d3c0834.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom