• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF OT 14: The Alpha and The Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yado

How about no? "DADDY" for life

Let ha know

giphy.gif

DOWN

Banned
Wait...

Chain Smokers got a Grammy not for Closer, but for Don't Let Me Down...

Maybe I'm a big bitch but I think Daya's voice is so horrible and her speaking voice pisses me off more than any other person I can think of. I honestly thought she was pulling a prank the first time I heard her speak and thought it was some prank inflection and it never ended. That's a personal problem and I acknowledge there's nothing intrinsically wrong with her, but I can't stand it.

And that song wasn't even good. It was repetitive and Closer was much better as far as what Chain Smokers do.

giphy.gif

Wait...

Maybe I'm a big bitch but I think Daya's voice is so horrible and her speaking voice pisses me off more than any other person I can think of. I honestly thought she was pulling a prank the first time I heard her speak and thought it was some prank inflection and it never ended. That's a personal problem and I acknowledge there's nothing intrinsically wrong with her, but I can't stand it.

And that song wasn't even good. It was repetitive and Closer was much better as far as what Chain Smokers do.

giphy.gif

I feel this way about Camila Cabello.

DOWN

Banned
I don't mind Camila's speaking voice though I do get distracted by the shape of her head

Her singing voice, however, can be quite an issue...

Wait...

giphy.gif
I was going to make a joke about how Daya's eyes can simultaneously see into the past and present but I think she's like 12 so I will be nice???

Ariana, a lesser??

Ya'll are SHIT, Ariana is LIT.

BadGalAri loves you too, Double Donut! 👅

Vazduh

what even happened to samantha smith where is the good sis

Probably recording something ab-fab, hopefully.

aAGNz0C.gif

I want him to serve us some ho' midtempos since he can now draw from his own life experiences, such as that time when he boasted about having his first one night stand, or texting Tom Daley, or being a drunk mess with Blood Diamonds' second daddy, Ed Sheeran.

Frodo

Lana really came with Love.

I get ready, I get all dressed up
To go nowhere in particular
It doesn't matter if I'm not enough
For the future or the things to come
'Cause I'm young and in love
I'm young and in love

89ees2T.gif

It's SO GOOD! Visually appealing, fits the theme/message of the song, has some features moderately good looking men, Katy looks amazing - and that final chorus hits so hard!

Katy is usually pretty bad for having literal videos where her or an actor does whatever she is singing about ("your hot n your cold" - fans herself off, then shivers) - but this one is a lot more subtle in those terms. Which is good! This kind of song/video feeds off some of the more subtle stuff placed throughout.

Perfect. Love it. Queen.

I like it. She looks a bit odd in it sometimes but the outfits are a look.

That budget tho! That MV alone probably cost as much as the entire Joanne tour.

Skip Marley still drags the song down tho. Especially what with it just being LITERALLY a promo for his single, Lions 😂😂

She's #4 right now ahead of Selener and Million Flops.

I wonder how successful Lana could actually be if she gave a shit
i'm kinda glad she doesn't. It's always crazy to see her do okay even when she tries to self-sabotage.
-------

Just watched the CTTR video. Really nice visuals but Kat herself didn't do much in it but it seems she might be aiming for a story here? I hope she is tbh.

Tbh I'm really glad Lana doesn't give a shit about the charts. She sticks with her music and concept right through to the end, regardless of success.

Queen.

SaintZ

She's #4 right now ahead of Selener and Million Flops.

I wonder how successful Lana could actually be if she gave a shit
It's nice to see Lana having success ngl. I'm surprised to see Love in the Top 5 still tbh. High By The Beach shot to #2 but dropped like a rock after like a day IIRC.

Interscope needs to wake up and send this to radio. HOT AC at least. I hope she performs something on TV during this era as well, but I'm not holding my breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom