• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF OT 14: The Alpha and The Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhandino

Banned
Me listening to new Tinashe

gMr3Rva.gif

Better luck next time, I guess.

---

8e94cdf298.png

Get that promo I guess Tinashe. All jokes aside I hope everyone is alright.
MariahGlitter911.gif

Neptune

TiRASHe remains the single most overrated female artist of the moment, and I will never understand the hype and attention her string of utterly mediocre releases get. She had half a hit three years ago, and since then it's been nothing but buzz singles that create zero actual buzz and mixtapes nobody listens to or remembers a week later. Her most notable work has been misguided collaborations with the two most loathsome male R&B singers alive and Iggy Azalea plus a prestigious gig singing over Myah Marie's backing track. Desperation reeks from her every pore, and it's just not cute. And this is the supposed saviour of pop-R&B? Both her and her stans need to lay off the weed, because it's clearly making them all delusional.

She has nothing new to offer that even fucking Keri Hilson hasn't done before and better. Her entire discography consists of songs Rihanna would have rejected for Music of the Sun. A cardboard cutout of Beyoncé is more charismatic. She is nothing, she will never be anything, and her continued lack of success and endless album delays are both entirely deserved and immensely pleasing.

throwaway_5fe41f_5925e1uoj.gif

Bye.

TiRASHe remains the single most overrated female artist of the moment, and I will never understand the hype and attention her string of utterly mediocre releases get. She had half a hit three years ago, and since then it's been nothing but buzz singles that create zero actual buzz and mixtapes nobody listens to or remembers a week later. Her most notable work has been misguided collaborations with the two most loathsome male R&B singers alive and Iggy Azalea plus a prestigious gig singing over Myah Marie's backing track. Desperation reeks from her every pore, and it's just not cute. And this is the supposed saviour of pop-R&B? Both her and her stans need to lay off the weed, because it's clearly making them all delusional.

She has nothing new to offer that even fucking Keri Hilson hasn't done before and better. Her entire discography consists of songs Rihanna would have rejected for Music of the Sun. A cardboard cutout of Beyoncé is more charismatic. She is nothing, she will never be anything, and her continued lack of success and endless album delays are both entirely deserved and immensely pleasing.

Bye.

rip TRYashe after reading this lol

giphy.gif

Bye.
With this post, you've put more thought into her career than she has.

Bladenic

Bye.

Omg

FlameSniperFail.png

Bye.

britneytoilet-copyvpu2p.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Nightride was great though
she needs to run from pop and never look back

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

I dont get the strategy. Her fans are the ones who like her R&B material and she gave em a free album with the mixtape and she wants to get coins from the pop album when there is clear evidence there is no demand for Pop Tinashe with those singles reception.

EDIT: Charli and Carly Rat Herpes collab
1b56ac6ec0.png

Vazduh

Bye.

Not too much on her

ASgk3ah.gif

The thing is, she's good at R&B. What she lacks in charisma, she makes up for in sheer drive and it shows. Just look at that Company video where she danced her ass off like her life depended on it. She's hungry for success and she won't stop until she at least gets another no. 1. Bubbling Under Top 100 SMASH, and I have faith in her!

Bye.

I agree that she's thirsty af but the hell is this? her sound before she decided to sell out is nothing like that.

llehuty

Hey, does anyone know what happened to MSMSMSM (the user)? He had another user name before but he changed it when he went full on PC music. Was trying to see if he got banned or something, but all his posts are gone, only his quotes remain, weird.

DOWN

Banned
Hey, does anyone know what happened to MSMSMSM (the user)? He had another user name before but he changed it when he went full on PC music. Was trying to see if he got banned or something, but all his posts are gone, only his quotes remain, weird.
Maybe asked to be deleted?

Wasn't that the GeoKing or something?

rhandino

Banned

Bye.
VgWtvvA.gif

Mau jinxed ha when he posted that she was not going to happen. Everything has gone downhill since.

Oh well, let me go and play Drop that Kitty to be blessed by 2 of my favorite flop artists.

Koodo

Banned
TiRASHe remains the single most overrated female artist of the moment, and I will never understand the hype and attention her string of utterly mediocre releases get.
The foundation of this post is a LIE, given that Tinashe is not overrated (or rated at all), nor does she receive any significant hype or attention.

Brhoom

Banned
"Mariah Carey's hairstylist Danielle Priano is ARRESTED for trying to carry 400 Adderall, oxycodone, Xanax pills onto plane at New York airport"

Is she also her drug dealer?

mariah17.gif

Decarabia

It's that time again folks. Thanks to your nominations, another playlist of arguably great music is now live:

#TheList
Spotify Playlist
Youtube Playlist

Once again, songs with the most nominations are at the top of the playlist, while the remaining were randomized. On the other hand, songs already chosen last week were sent straight to the bottom.

This time, the overall most picked artist was Charli XCX, managing to beat both Lorde, who recently released two new songs (one of which is in this playlist) and Bilbo Baggins Ed Sheeran, who has a new album out. Unexplicably, 8/40 people voted for songs already featured just last week. Regarding non-English songs, there is a noticeable increase in K-Pop and, for the first time, there are a couple of songs in Spanish.

And now, onto the vote. To make up for having to sign-in, this time you can vote on more than one song, which should make the whole thing more dynamic.

Vote here

Happy listening!

Mau ®

Tinashe, in her current form, is not gonna happen. She wants to be Rihanna and there's already too many trying to be that to stand out.

Yado

Mau ®;232217134 said:
Tinashe, in her current form, is not gonna happen. She wants to be Rihanna and there's already too many trying to be that to stand out.

I don't think she's trying to be Rihanna, she'd be a lot more interesting if she was. Tinashe is just too boring, you can't have mainstream success with decent R&B music and mediocre pop songs. The writing was on the wall for this album years ago when she leaked ride of your life against her label's wishes like it was some hot shit when it's really just more of the same from her, everything associated with this era has just been the same by the books Tinashe music anyone familiar with her would expect. She doesn't know what a hit sounds like.

Yado

Revisiting Overpowered and being reminded of how hard Roisin came

Primitive
Tell Everybody
Overpowered
Let me know

7VFI2em.jpg

Bye.

giphy.gif

This post makes no sense, every mixtape that she has put out has been fire. Aquarius was also fantastic. The real problem is that the GP would rather listen to lowest common denominator bullshit like whatever musical abortion the Chainsmokers shit out or vanilla, beige pop by the likes of Katy and Ed Sheeran, or the continued effort to distance yourself from the good music you use to make like Gaga. Decent R&B tracks get no kind of love these days unless Rihanna is on the track (even Beyonce hasn't had a huge hit since Drunk in Love). Tinashe deserves to smash and it really isn't any fault of her own that she hasn't. Take several seats.

Tokubetsu

yeah she needs to let go of those pop aspirations and just embrace and deep dive into updated 90s r&b. I've always been a big fan of her slow, stretchedout spacey stuff (soul glitch and like all of amethyst lol).

Sorry to drop some Jpop here, but I need to gather followers for the queen Oomori Seiko. She dropped a fantastic album last year called "Tokyo Black Hole", and already dropped one again for 2017 called "Kitixxxgaia". It's emotive, it's ambitious, it's varied, and it's on Spotify.

also, some choice translated lyrics from her recent track "Dogma, Magma":
A long, long, time ago in a certain place
There were others beside men and women.

There were others besides white, black, and yellow.

There are others besides YES and No, but

Always, always, at every opportunity
It was decided that there should be no others besides them

When you open your eyes, I’m Japanese
Even though I’m God, when I don’t put on makeup
My inconvenient body can’t even go outside

Japanese who have dead eyes
A modern era where if you die you can live as if you’re dying
Even though there’s shit and ugly people, I want to change the world
Hey, even you are already dying, right?

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
New zara album is boring and plain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom