• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF OT 14: The Alpha and The Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazduh

Foxes created Youth, one of the best songs of the decade, so she's good in my book.

jnIjHHP.gif

Body Talk was even better, but preach sis

jnIjHHP.gif

Decarabia

At long last, this week's playlist is live:

Full Song List
Listen on Spotify
Listen on Youtube

The playlist this time seems to have somehow struck a nice balance between old and new, popular and unknown
, and good and bad.
Vote on your favorite songs here.

Regarding the matchmaking poll, feel free to take a look at the full individual votes here, though I'll probably cook up some statistics for the kids soon.

Enjoy~
jnIjHHP.gif

Vazduh

Does anyone here like Aimee Mann? She has a new album coming out tomorrow that looks promising. I love the two singles she's released off it.

Now that's a name I haven't heard in ages!

Never was a fan
(I've never actually listened to any of her albums in full - not because I didn't want to, but because I was too busy listening to terrible music then)
, but I might give it a listen.

Regarding the matchmaking poll, feel free to take a look at the full individual votes here, though I'll probably cook up some statistics for the kids soon.

Not the only comment being about Phreaker and me:

Would watch. (can I join? 2 zads 1 pup?)
OK, who wrote this?

jsJJjd7.gif

Not that I mind, but I'm legit curious #rip

rhandino

Banned
My hearing is fine and can detect quality from a mile away. Just as it detected Green Light and knew it was trash.

jnIjHHP.gif
First of all Green Light is excellent and a nice foreshadowing of how much a life-changing experience Melodrama is going to be.

Second, you better not be coming for Lorde when her latest 2 singles have been better than anything Madge has released the past decade.

Bjfe14Q.gif

Talk to god, on the phone
Born to him, I'm not alone
Please daddy, take me home

6EjxBQe.gif

Please daddy, talk to god

6EjxBQe.gif

Hey daddy, hey daddy, I'm okay
Livin' my love in a serious way
Oh, hey daddy, hey daddy, it's too soon
I am living on the moon

6EjxBQe.gif

Bladenic

Talk to god, on the phone
Born to him, I'm not alone

6EjxBQe.gif

6EjxBQe.gif

Hey daddy, hey daddy, I'm okay
Livin' my love in a serious way
Oh, hey daddy, hey daddy, it's too soon
I am living on the moon

6EjxBQe.gif

Now wait why have I never heard this before

Slain

6EjxBQe.gif

I too use half of MDNA. There are some great bops on it. Shame on anyone who disagrees tbh. If you haven't gone beast mode at the gym to the breakdown in I'm Addicted then you're missing out.

rhandino

Banned
It's like one of those old fads that get popular for a hot minute and
hopefully
gets dropped when the shinny new thing appears.

You all better clutch that rosary and pray that Iggy don't get as popular as she was and starts tainting pop songs once again.

I too use half of MDNA. There are some great bops on it. Shame on anyone who disagrees tbh. If you haven't gone beast mode at the gym to the breakdown in I'm Addicted then you're missing out.

There are some real low points but:

I'm Addicted
I Don't Give A
I'm A Sinner
Love Spent
Masterpiece
Falling Free

All decent to great songs

cq7GGFa.gif

...Girl Gone Wild is also my guilty pleasure

giphy.gif

DOWN

Banned
Little Mons†er;233055510 said:
I like ha music but she presents herself as boring... theres nothing catchy about her? a bit generic in how she presents herself. had she have a hook about her then she will become a lot more interesting, same with her music

gretxora%2520%25282%2529.gif
a Leona Lewis tea

girls with talent but no scandals or controversy just don't get seen so they don't blow up and it's a sad truth
OVhpCd0.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom