• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

botty

Banned

OH MY LAWD JESUS TAKE ME HIGHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*goes to listen*

I don't know why the hussie didn't just sing this song for Hurricane Sandy relief yesterday... I mean, she released the song the following day anyway.

The lyrics make more sense than Beautiful:

"Let our hearts stop
and beat as one together
Let our hearts stop
and beat as one forever"

a6rCG.gif

edit: NOT us being moved by the same lyrics ROY

tumblr_m8tdc6iIVH1qh96tgo4_250.gif
tumblr_m8tdc6iIVH1qh96tgo4_250.gif

Aguila

#ICONIC
Unapologetic Tracklist?

Standard:
(features not included)
Fresh Off The Runway
Diamonds
Numb
Pour It Up
Loveeeeeee Song
Jump
Right Now
What Now
Stay
Nobodys Business
Love Without Tragedy / Mother Mary
Get It Over With
No Love Allowed
Lost In Paradise

Deluxe Edition:
Half Of Me
Diamonds (Dave Aude 100 Extended)
Diamonds (Gregor Salto Downtempo Remix)
Bonus DVD, never-before-released footage and Rihanna’s Loud Tour recorded live at London’s O2 Arena (20 mins)

And they covered her boobs for the clean version cover:

51V3uN%2Bh1CL._SS500_.jpg

Zutroy

Just listened to the Amazon FR Lotus clips. Unfortunately it's sounding more like another Bionic instead of Stripped - mostly generic but with a couple of gems.

Hopefully the full versions will prove otherwise.

I'll quote a friend of mine who, after listening to the full song, said that Xtincta is undersinging and oversinging at the same time. What did this sexy lad mean by that?

To put it lightly, she obscures the simplicity of the song with her parturient, histrionic wailing, yet doesn't use her voice to create any sense of rhythm/climax/emotive build either. Her porcine rendition ultimately renders the song spectacularly hollow considering how beautifully agonized, atmospheric, and rhythmic the Sia snippet was. But I'll forgive your fervid praise since you probably haven't heard the demo snippet in a while.

Gross tbh. And based on the snippets, Lotus seems absolutely pregnant with failure. I did identify two bops, however.

royalan

You and your friend are so pressed. The only version of this song that exists at this point is Xtina's. Deal.

And to think, if Leona Lewis had kept this song it would have been reduced to a flat, passionless Mariah B-side attempt that would have been OVERWROUGHT with vocal squeaks at the end of every damn phrase masquerading as emotional layering.

The climax of the song would have been a squeal-pitched bore of a mess as Leona struggled to pull out an engaged vocal and keep hold of the melody, as per.

Leona did the world a favor by passing up yet another song that is more interesting and plain out better than anything she's ever recorded.

And Sia agrees.

Z4RuY.png

ib1a2NTyfYTZ61.gif

royalan

It's good but not one of her better ballads. That's not really saying much I suppose, since most of her best songs are ballads.

If I had to weigh Xtina's best ballads against each other...

Beautiful>The Voice Within>Hurt=Blank Page>You Lost Me>>>Lift Me Up>>>Reflection>I Turn To You

But even her worst ballad is still up there in the Pop stratosphere.

Aguila

#ICONIC
As a multi-racial band our foundation is built upon both diversity and consideration for other cultures. Our intention with our new video was never to offend, hurt or trivialize Native American people, their culture or their history. Although we consulted with Native American friends and Native American studies experts at the University of California, we realize now that we have offended people. This is of great concern to us and we are removing the video immediately. The music that inspired us when we started the band, and the community of friends, family, and fans that surrounds us was built upon respect, unity and inclusiveness. We sincerely apologize to the Native American community and anyone else offended by this video. Being hurtful to anyone is simply not who we are.
- No Doubt

oop

I didn't really see anything particularly offensive. Plus, I really liked how Gwen looked in this video :/

Mau ®

I think that tracklist is fake. Where is #SideEffects? The Half Of It?

Besides she was still recording yesterday. Doubt its done just yet.

botty

Banned
The concept for the Looking Hot video was dumb anyway. They should issue an apology to everyone who watched it.

botty

Banned
The only part that worked for me were the Gwen glamour shots.

It's not too late for another Solo album, Gwen.

Yeah those parts were cute. It is such a shame that their come back is such a mess, I have been bopping to this album since it released.

Meh...neither has ever parted anything other than their legs anyways.

oop.

I actually have never even seen the Rihanna one, so I can't even say otherwise.

iFxTrDAjvqWso.gif

botty

Banned
edit:

Why is Britney's old duet partner who appeared on X Factor being 'exposed' on atrl.

dSC6L.gif

and why does he apparently have a Rihanna head.

yuokP.png

dSC6L.gif
dSC6L.gif

Ok....I take everything negative I have said back about 1D's album. Rock Me is so addictive. I love how its young fun yet still poorly concealed sexual innuendo at the same time :) Everyone is happy.

royalan

Here for this Leona vs Fatters fight. Wonder if Lotus will be more successful than Glassfart?

How did I miss this.

There is no fight to be had here. The #Jockeys are just that mad because when Xtina canceled her Bionic tour, she also accidentally #CANCELLED any hope Leona had of ever being relevant ever again.

There's hope, though. The paps did catch up to Leona while on the way to Xtina's last Lotus listening party:

ibfzeY8ncmIELN.gif

Bladenic

How did I miss this.

There is no fight to be had here. The #Jockeys are just that mad because when Xtina canceled her Bionic tour, she also accidentally #CANCELLED any hope Leona had of ever being relevant ever again.

There's hope, though. The paps did catch up to Leona while on the way to Xtina's last Lotus listening party:

ibfzeY8ncmIELN.gif

GO IN!!!!

So can we expect Lotus leak next week? I'm kind of excited, some of the snippets sounded like jams.

Alicia Keys is coming. Girl on Fire is slaying me, even the Sticki Minaj version. I'm listening to Element of Freedom again and I can't believe how good it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom