• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Popular UK camping youtuber has an 'encounter' in the woods.

Fools idol

Banned
At the worst, this is some pretty fucking creepy shit, and at best, someone trolled him GOOD. Amazing video :messenger_tears_of_joy:

So let me preface this by saying two things - 1. I do not believe in ghosts. 2. I have been a subscriber of this guys channel here for a whiles, he is a top guy, and very genuine with no previous mentions of paranormal activity in his camping content (mainly just vlogs and educational camping and explorative of our UK national forests)

The other day, his camp was interupted during the night by a weird sound outside. I will say no more and let you all watch.

chris121580

That was wild. At first I thought maybe it was just the wind thru the trees but right before the 19 minute mark, you can clearly hear a woman crying. The whistling was really creepy too. I would’ve been out of there like him

Doom85

dean winchester jumping out the window GIF
Truck What GIF
Keke Palmer No Thanks GIF by NOPE
My Name Is Earl Reaction GIF

I’ve heard enough fucked up Reddit and such stories collected from Youtubers like Mr. Nightmare and Chilling Scares to know camping in a tent (or hiking or jogging solo in areas with little human traffic) can potentially be very dangerous. Mentally unstable people, people on drugs, someone who sees you as an easy target since you’re isolated, people who show up armed and claim you’re in their property, etc.

I‘ve legit seen a ghost myself, but I don’t think this was that. I think it was a woman either being crazy or on drugs. I would have gotten the fuck out of there way quicker than this guy, LOL.

Pretty cool OP, love spooky shit like this.

Half reminds me of this YouTube video where a guy goes urban exploring in what's clearly a crack den, what he doesn't realise is someone's following him around (the commentators noticed), but right at the end he gets himself trapped in a closet or something when he hears a bunch of people, he waits and then legs it when he has the chance.

I tried to find the video but couldn't sorry.

Cattlyst

Holy shit that freaked me out. I wouldn’t have even bothered packing up, would just nope right back to the car and come back in daylight. Watched another of his videos where something is outside his tent making Blair Witch noises and runs away when he shouts. Dude has some balls 😂

Doom85

I watch enough MrBallen.

Ah man, his Headless Valley video was fantastic, it was my first time hearing about the history of the area.

I especially love the cops’ brilliant “deduction” of some of the murders:

Holy shit, this dude was set on fire and his head is missing!
Cops: Yep, animals must be brutal in this area.
What, animals? They lit him on fire? Also, what animal looks at a body and takes the head of all things for food?!
Cops: …..bears?
Also, look at this other guy, he’s frozen to death but his body isn’t positioned the way it should be if that‘s what happened.
Cops: So he froze to death?
…..did you even hear the second half of what I said?
Cops: Sorry, we were trying to figure out how to blame this on animals again.

Half reminds me of this YouTube video where a guy goes urban exploring in what's clearly a crack den, what he doesn't realise is someone's following him around (the commentators noticed), but right at the end he gets himself trapped in a closet or something when he hears a bunch of people, he waits and then legs it when he has the chance.

Yeah, I saw a video of a guy exploring these “abandoned” ruins (I forget of what exactly), and he first runs into a (possibly) sleeping homeless guy as the guy didn’t move when the Youtuber called out to him, then at the end of the video he sees another homeless guy in the distance, and then later on when editing he realizes upon messing with the lighting settings on his recorded footage that he passed by a doorway where inside was a shirtless dude just standing there watching him but the Youtuber didn’t see him in the dark. Fucking creepy.

Holy shit that freaked me out. I wouldn’t have even bothered packing up, would just nope right back to the car and come back in daylight. Watched another of his videos where something is outside his tent making Blair Witch noises and runs away when he shouts. Dude has some balls 😂

Do you have the link for that one?

YukiOnna

Ah man, his Headless Valley video was fantastic, it was my first time hearing about the history of the area.

What, animals? They lit him on fire? Also, what animal looks at a body and takes the head of all things for food?!
Also, look at this other guy, he’s frozen to death but his body isn’t positioned the way it should be if that‘s what happened.
After that, I realized never ever mess with any Native American tribe. The bit about them being warned by one traveling and them hearing all the screaming and crying was a big NOPE. But it makes me extremely curious about all the uninhabited areas of Canada now.

im gonna go with it being the wind or an animal.

Woulda shit myself in that situation though. Especially once you start getting inside your own head.

Dunno how he wasnt constantly spinning around to look behind himself

Last edited:

Doom85

After that, I realized never ever mess with any Native American tribe. The bit about them being warned by one traveling and them hearing all the screaming and crying was a big NOPE. But it makes me extremely curious about all the uninhabited areas of Canada now.

And seeing one of their own women disappearing and then later seen running around at night like she’s gone feral:

Scared Saturday Night Live GIF by HULU
Scared Horror GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants
How I Met Your Mother Reaction GIF by Laff

Bragr

Banned
What? Native americans killed who?

Bragr

Banned

Woulda shit myself in that situation though. Especially once you start getting inside your own head.

Because he wanted youtube clicks.

he almost had me sold on going camping alone but then i realised why i haven't. dude was looking about to see what it was! i'd have been sprinting out of there lol. at first i thought it could just be an injured animal but the whistling was strange.

anthony2690

Banned

That sounds pretty horrific :/

Yeah, I saw a video of a guy exploring these “abandoned” ruins (I forget of what exactly), and he first runs into a (possibly) sleeping homeless guy as the guy didn’t move when the Youtuber called out to him, then at the end of the video he sees another homeless guy in the distance, and then later on when editing he realizes upon messing with the lighting settings on his recorded footage that he passed by a doorway where inside was a shirtless dude just standing there watching him but the Youtuber didn’t see him in the dark. Fucking creepy.

Do you have the link for that one?

That also sounds horrific, never heard of headless valley before, but I don't like the sounds off it.

I guess it isn't something I want to Google.

I would be interested in knowing more info about the place & what happened, if I didn't fear the images that might pop just looking it up.

jm89

I bet it's a fox.

I used to live alot near central london where wildlife wasn't that common like foxes, i moved much further east where foxes where common and the first few nights i thought i heard a women scream and cry.

Eventually realised it was a fox, they make the weirdest almost human like screams.

Last edited:
I bet it's a fox.

I used to live alot near central london where wildlife wasn't that common like foxes, i moved much further east where foxes where common and the first few nights i thought i heard a women scream and cry.

Eventually realised it was a fox, they make the weirdest almost human like screams.
Foxes definitely sound human at times. Their screams are horrifying. I don't know all the sounds they make but I've never heard a fox "moan" or "cry" like that. Definitely also ain't heard them whistling lol.

but yeah you're right there is probably a simple explaination and it's likely a wild animal.

Mr Hyde

Me and my sister and her then boyfriend camped out in the woods one time and experienced a similar event. In these parts there was also a local legend of a Lady in White, who was tortured and killed in an nearby hotel and was then cursed to wander the woods outside for eternity. We woke up in the middle of the night seeing a silhouette of a person walking around the tent, and hearing footsteps and someone quietly sobbing. None of us dared go outside to see what it was and we were so freaked out that we couldn't get back to sleep. We speculated what it could've been the day after and it was most likely someone who saw the tent and was playing a prank on us, seeing as the legend of the Lady was so well known by the people who lived there, and became used to people like us go camping because we heard about the legend and wanted to see for ourselves. Or maybe it was really a ghost 👻

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins

I've lived in the UK all my life. Raised in the countryside next to a large wooded area. I currently live on the outskirts of a small town and have foxes, badgers and deer live in the fields next to my house.

I've heard all the noises they can make (young foxes make the creepiest sounds) and the sounds in that video aren't anything I've heard before or can identify to any animal.

I'm not suggesting this is paranormal, just that it's a sound of any animal I've heard.

Fools idol

Banned
It's called video editing
the guy has a patreon / livestream where it happened. The video is only cropped and shortenned, full one was about 2 hours. I watched it live and people in chat genuinely thought he was about to get murdered. The fear in his voice and face on live was 100% genuine.

I still think someone was fucking with him bur here we are, who knows.

Fools idol

Banned
It's so funny to see people instantly conclude its a ghost!! Instead of what it actually would have been which is an animal.
on the livestream his dog was clearly hearing things long before the crying started. It started barking like fucking crazy at something in the trees shortly before he set up camp for the night and during the light you could see there was no animals around.

Sure it could be an animal but he walked around for 30 mins with his sniffer doggo in tow to check for animal scents and nothing.

Also I dunno wtf animal sounds like that 🤣

I've lived in the UK all my life. Raised in the countryside next to a large wooded area. I currently live on the outskirts of a small town and have foxes, badgers and deer live in the fields next to my house.

I've heard all the noises they can make (young foxes make the creepiest sounds) and the sounds in that video aren't anything I've heard before or can identify to any animal.

I'm not suggesting this is paranormal, just that it's a sound of any animal I've heard.
Agreed - but there are a lot of animals i havent heard when theyre in labor. Like when there are pregnant cats outside my house at might it sounds like a baby crying

Wildebeest

Come on now, you can't have heard everything. Ravens alone can imitate just about any human voice.

Peggies

Gold Member
Wow, this is so cool! Great thread! Keep on going with the creepy stuff, guys!
I'm just reading up on the "headless valley".

At the worst, this is some pretty fucking creepy shit, and at best, someone trolled him GOOD. Amazing video :messenger_tears_of_joy:

So let me preface this by saying two things - 1. I do not believe in ghosts. 2. I have been a subscriber of this guys channel here for a whiles, he is a top guy, and very genuine with no previous mentions of paranormal activity in his camping content (mainly just vlogs and educational camping and explorative of our UK national forests)
From the video description:
I will be visiting more creepy locations in the future so make sure you subscribe so you don't miss out!
Take the notion that he's not selling the paranormal angle with a pinch of salt.
I‘ve legit seen a ghost myself,
whitney-houston-receipts.gif

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Agreed - but there are a lot of animals i havent heard when theyre in labor. Like when there are pregnant cats outside my house at might it sounds like a baby crying

Come on now, you can't have heard everything. Ravens alone can imitate just about any human voice.

It could be an animal, but it's not animal I've ever heard in the UK, or any bird I've ever heard either.

When I was a child I was a member of the RSPB and spent hundreds of hours going up and down the British Isles with my local group birdwatching. I'm pretty confident it's not a bird, especially not a raven.

Again, not suggesting it's paranormal. To be honest it's either faked by creator to gain views, or it's another human. Probably somebody fucking with him.

Top Bottom