• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Portal 2 co-op out October 4th, free on all platforms.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
I'm so excited for this, I'm glad it now has a date!

I want to play it with my boyfriend, but he says no until the BF3 beta is finished :x What's a girl to do?

dani_dc

Tuesday uh?
Would prefer closer to friday to play it as soon as possible, but wednesday is a holiday here so it's not too bad.
Can't wait to play it.

Seth Balmore said:
Finally! So nice of Valve to announce it soon before the planned release date :) makes the wait much easier.
Well uhm, they said summer a while ago. It wasn't an easy wait for me, but I know it's worth it (and it's not like they owe me anything).

Evlar

Banned
Prophet Steve said:
Well uhm, they said summer a while ago. It wasn't an easy wait for me, but I know it's worth it (and it's not like they owe me anything).
They only missed summer by two weeks, which is practically same-day service in Valve Time.

Now I feel sad for having played the SP entirely on a friends computer. I was waiting for a steam sale to pick it up.

Oh well, not my fault the game was incredibly short -.-

Osietra

Banned
StuBurns said:
It doesn't mean anything, anyone who puts DLC out for free on PS3 can do the same on 360.
Oh. I thought MS had some weird backwater mentality when it came to free stuff on their not for free live gaming service.

Osietra said:
Oh. I thought MS had some weird backwater mentality when it came to free stuff on their not for free live gaming service.

They do, but if it's free on another platform they can't afford to look bad.

Osietra said:
Valve did say that Microsoft is becoming a little more laidback a few days ago.

Irish

Dog gone it. My Portal 2 PC code doesn't seem to be working now that I've built a new PC. :/ I probably should have redeemed it on Steam back in April anyway.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I still haven't played any of the co-op stuff. I fully beat and got all the single-player trophies.

Sweet, some more co-op misadventures for my brother and I to goof off through. Hopefully there's some single player stuff later, though

Oh yeah, this stuff better be hard. That's why the co-op was as good as the singleplayer for me, because of the harder stuff in co-op. More of that please!

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Gravijah said:
you lied title, i expected to be able to download it without the base game. :(

Well, you better buy/gamefly it again cause I'm gonna need a co-op partner. I still haven't even played the co-op in the base game.

Bebpo

Banned
I still need to play the original co-op campaign. The problem with it is that it's no fun playing with someone whose already finished it and knows the solution. Either they'll solve them for you or they have to sit around and pretend like they know nothing which sucks for them.

It was kind of a "play it right at the start or miss the boat" thing :|

Bebpo said:
I still need to play the original co-op campaign. The problem with it is that it's no fun playing with someone whose already finished it and knows the solution. Either they'll solve them for you or they have to sit around and pretend like they know nothing which sucks for them.

It was kind of a "play it right at the start or miss the boat" thing :|
Chanser said:
I haven't started the co-op campaign yet. :(
Seems like you found yourself a partner. But yeah, most people finished the coop campaign in the first week.

Snuggler said:
Well, you better buy/gamefly it again cause I'm gonna need a co-op partner. I still haven't even played the co-op in the base game.

I'd play through the base with you but you're really better off going in with someone else that hasn't played it.

Corto

Well, it seems that there are several people that still haven't played the co-op portion as me...

Might as well leave my steam ID here: corto1976

I'm from Europe so GMT time here but I have some schedule flexibility. I have mic.

wutwutwut

ChiefEdiri said:
Does the game have much replay value? Deciding whether or not I should buy this game.
Not much (it's a linear puzzle game), but the game is amazing enough for it not to matter, plus it's just $30 on Steam now. I've also had a lot of fun with some of the higher rated maps here.

timnich

Anyone want to play portal coop right now? I have some free time and I've put this off long enough.

Edit: Oops forgot my steam handle: timnich

RealMeat

Banned
I kind if hope at least some of the new levels are really hard. There were only a couple of puzzles in the game that gave me much trouble.

I'm ONE achievement way from having all co-op achievements and the plan is to tackle it tomorrow.

Well I'm missing Professor Portal but that's another story (and easily rectified).

BRING IT ON, VALVE. Also, DLC #2 had best be single-player. And it best be the first teasing of something with the number three in it.

Top Bottom