• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Portal updated mysteriously, internet detectives assemble-read OP 1st if you have ?'s

Twig

Banned
LM4sure said:
I guess you don't know Valve then. I am not wild and crazy. I am usually right about my predictions. Not this time though unfortunately.
I know Valve better than you, apparently.

That's right, I'm countering your epeen claim with my own epeen claim.

How old are you?

LM4sure

Banned
TheOneGuy said:
I know Valve better than you, apparently.

That's right, I'm countering your epeen claim with my own epeen claim.

How old are you?

Apparently not. If you did, you woudl know Valve does this type of thing all the time, and if you think it was a wild assumption, you don't know them.

So sorry you don't know them!

Twig

Banned
This is the dumbest argument in which I've ever had the displeasure of participating. You're a magnificent troll. And thus it is done.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Odrion said:
Oh shit, there's a couple of trees in the distance, this is truly a secluded base that no one is going to find, specially not the combine and their hovering ships.

The end shot coupled with the the birds chirping is a far better indication that Aperture Science is located somewhere isolated than "OH ITS IN THE CITY JUST BECAUSE".

LM4sure

Banned
TheOneGuy said:
This is the dumbest argument in which I've ever had the displeasure of participating. You're a magnificent troll. And thus it is done.

Yeah, it's like you're trolling because I was hopeful that this was about Episode 3. Unbelievable! Let it go. I was wrong. Jesus!

Rur0ni

After legions of fans embraced Portal, Valve knew they needed to double down and give them a sequel. The fiercely independent studio is investing more time, more capital, and more risk into a stand-alone, full-price retail release. To complement our world-exclusive Portal 2 cover story, we will be rolling out supplementary features all through the month of March. Check back often for updates.
:eek:

Odrion said:
Oh shit, there's a couple of trees in the distance, this is truly a secluded base that no one is going to find, specially not the combine and their hovering ships.
How cute, you think the Combine are a match for GLaDOS.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Looks like that code is indeed a BBS login. Awesome.

From BBS with new login

#

#
APERTURE MENU FORMAT (c) 1985
#

#
#

#
30,24,"Next","SIGN"
#

#
0,0,"",""
#

#
0,0,"",""
#

#
0,0,"",""
#

#
0,0,"",""
#

#
0,0,"",""
#

#
0,0,"",""
#

#
0,0,"",""
#

#
30,2,"Exit","EXIT"
#

#
---- RECORD ENDS ----
#

#
-- CAUTION: DATA-LINE ENCODING NOT 100% DOS-COMPATIBLE
#

#
---- BEGIN RECORD 'C:\01645136.732\04696011.581' (147 BYTES) ----
#

#
APERTURE MENU FORMAT (c) 1985
#

#
#

#
0,0,"",""
#

#
0,0,"",""
#

#
0,0,"",""
#

#
0,0,"",""
#

#
0,0,"",""
#

#
0,0,"",""
#

#
0,0,"",""
#

#
0,0,"",""
#

#
30,2,"Exit","EXIT"
#

#
---- RECORD ENDS ----

pivot

Banned
the reverse portal cover

4721.portalwrap2.jpg_2D00_610x0.jpg

Odrion

Banned
EatChildren said:
The end shot coupled with the the birds chirping is a far better indication that Aperture Science is located somewhere isolated than "OH ITS IN THE CITY JUST BECAUSE".
the birds chirping are for dramatic affect, a contrast from the icy mechanical isolation you endured

and whatever, we can't see a bustling city, but it's obviously not a secret base isolated from mankind and if you think that environment is the same place then lol

oh and hey look the backside of the magazine:

2bbb6w.jpg

Hylian7

Thought of something else about "drattmannh0nee", what about the Ratman?

D Rattman h0nee

Just a wild crackpot theory I'm throwing out there.

Sibylus

Banned
Sounds suspiciously like a public beta or something.

My god, coop Portal would be epic. Especially if players only got "one half" of the portal gun.

Whether or not the labs are deep in some forest is irrelevant. The Aperture Science labs are in Ohio and even the combine wont go to Ohio.

I <3 Memes said:
Whether or not the labs are deep in some forest is irrelevant. The Aperture Science labs are in Ohio and even the combine wont go to Ohio.

Even worse, they're in Cleveland.

The Combine probably assumed that everything there was dead anyway.

Odrion

Banned
We can make a pretty easy assumption that is game isn't taking place in the same location as before. That is not the overgrowth of the Ohioan jungle.
EmCeeGramr said:
I'm not sure if I'm incredibly worried or incredibly excited by the word "cooperative" in there.
I'm worried, I've absolutely had it with cooperative games unless they're splitscreen and can be played with someone within high-fiving/punching/bro-rape reach. And this won't be the case with a PC centric title.

what i just noticed: the blue portal picture looks kinda like a jungle and those sound effects of the update: dinosaur roars - TIME TRAVEL IN MY PORTAL?

Twig

Banned
It doesn't really look like a jungle.

Or a forest.

It's just green overgrowth.

Dunno why you all keep calling it a jungle.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
EmCeeGramr said:
I'm not sure if I'm incredibly worried or incredibly excited by the word "cooperative" in there.

If it were any studio but Valve, I'd say the former.

Leonsito

I suppose a lot of people already got to this conclusion, but my especulation on Portal 2 is:

The robot taking Chell in the new ending is Dog rescuing Chell's body, GLaDOS software is injected in Chell's body to help the resistance reaching the Borealis and fighting against Black Mesa.

Leonsito said:
I suppose a lot of people already got to this conclusion, but my especulation on Portal 2 is:

The robot taking Chell in the new ending is Dog rescuing Chell's body, GLaDOS software is injected in Chell's body to help the resistance reaching the Borealis and fighting against Black Mesa.
I doubt DOG would have been made by then

TheOneGuy said:
It doesn't really look like a jungle.

Or a forest.

It's just green overgrowth.

Dunno why you all keep calling it a jungle.

Vines, mosses, and bushes are endemic to the deepest rainforests of South America and Africa. The rest of the planet Earth is a flat grassland.

EatChildren

DOG was not made by Aperture Science. DOG was built together with scraps from Combine equipment, starting with a Combine scanner, and over time built bigger and more complex as Alyx aged.

He didnt start off the way he looks now and none of his equipment came from Aperture.

Top Bottom