• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Portal updated mysteriously, internet detectives assemble-read OP 1st if you have ?'s

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
epmode said:
It's possible that server cheats are in effect. They block all achievements from registering.

Open the console and type "sv_cheats 0" without quotes.
nah, not that. as Scipius said, i just needed to finish the game (again).

interestingly, i still got the new ending on my "first" playthrough.

i also snapped these... seems their earlier test subjects weren't human

5nstwy.png

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The first is human, the second is a chicken. The latter is verified by an achievement on that Xbox360 stand alone release.

I'm not sure it's a coincidence. I know one finger is behind glass, but it's awfully perfectly covered. Also, the knuckles on his left hand are less detailed and curved than the knuckles on his right which sort of accentuates the shape of the "3".

Also, in my opinion, the vein is too perfect of a Half-Life style lambda to just be coincidence.

my 2 cents, but I think whoever saw this is on to something.

ETA: Noticed something else. The possible 3 is slightly above the lambda, perhaps referencing the way the 2 was in the top corner of the HL2 logo.

Too many things for it not to be intentional I think.

shit man, I wish it wasn't over, but surely it is. Has gaben even done his keynote yet? I have no clue, but I'm assuming we're getting no news in regards to the vaporware that is Ep 3 and we should be more or less happy with what we got. Full Portal 2, great mini campaign leading up to it, it was a good run. Hell this thread should be archived for anyone interested in viral marketing; it'd make a really good reference point.

I don't think it's necessarily hopeless if it doesn't get announced or mentioned at GDC. Since when has Valve needed a trade show/conference to successfully launch a game?

GDC is a developer centered event, so it makes sense for them to focus on the whole Mac announcement thing.

Twig

Banned
You are seeing things that are not there. Sorry. I want it to be true, trust me I do, but those things you are seeing are meaningless.

FatBaby

MScoutsDCI said:
I'm not sure it's a coincidence. I know one finger is behind glass, but it's awfully perfectly covered. Also, the knuckles on his left hand are less detailed and curved than the knuckles on his right which sort of accentuates the shape of the "3".

Also, in my opinion, the vein is too perfect of a Half-Life style lambda to just be coincidence.

my 2 cents, but I think whoever saw this is on to something.

ETA: Noticed something else. The possible 3 is slightly above the lambda, perhaps referencing the way the 2 was in the top corner of the HL2 logo.

Too many things for it not to be intentional I think.

I think the Lambda is intentional, but that 3 is pretty ridiculous. :lol

Don't get me wrong, I would love it to be the case, but I am not gonna get my hopes up yet again.

haha that's ridiculous, the finger is clearly behind the piece of glass

edit: wait a minute, notice at the bottom of the cover the word PROSE

ProSe

PS 3 !!!!

episode 3 confirmed for ps3

I don't see Valve announcing anything major related to HL2:E3 until they're completely done with getting Portal 2 out. 2011 I think is the best bet for anything related to it.

Top Bottom