• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible Baldur's Gate project in the works [Update: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I could see myself spending 2 hours on a train tapping 'reroll' until my str, dex and int lined up perfectly.

I got pretty lucky on my most recent go a week or so ago. Only needed like 5 rerolls before I had enough points for 18/xx Str, and 18 dex/con/int for my kensai/mage. Wisdom and char are both 9 but who needs to be wise or friendly when you can stop time and murder people with katanas

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
hmm... maybe. It wouldn't be overly comfortable though. I guess some would put up with it, but at that point who wouldn't rather just play a GOG version for PC?

People who don't like sitting in a chair after work. Or those who don't have time to play at home.

ToxicAdam

As a long-time TBS/PC fan, it's heresy to say it, but I am really hoping for an Ipad release. Tablets are the perfect platform to resurrect these types of games. T

There is so much 'bite-sized' games available that these longer, meatier games would clean up. From a marketing perspective it makes a lot of sense.

FGMPR

Banned
As a long-time TBS/PC fan, it's heresy to say it, but I am really hoping for an Ipad release. Tablets are the perfect platform to resurrect these types of games. T

There is so much 'bite-sized' games available that these longer, meatier games would clean up. From a marketing perspective it makes a lot of sense.

It's not heresy at all. As you say, genre's like this can definitely be resurrected thanks to tablets. The iPad has only helped adventure games, for example as tablets provide an opportunity for old school PC genre's to dodge the issue of limited control inputs. A successful tablet BG launch would do wonders for PC fans of the genre.

FGMPR

Banned
People who don't like sitting in a chair after work. Or those who don't have time to play at home.

Fair enough, I guess there are people who would rather play BG on a phone than a PC. I'm not overly convinced it would be a significant number though, as I feel the detrimental aspects to the experience would outweigh the benefits, but hey, the more people playing BG the better.

Ok so an iOS release seems likely, but why WOULDN'T they also release an updated version on PC? It seems silly, the code's already there. Though I guess the GoG release kinda already takes care of that.

blackflag

I like iPad gaming and can't wait to get my iPad 3 but I really really hope this isn't just an iPad port announcement. My dreams will be crushed.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
1305041850211.gif

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Making it server side doesn't work great either if you insist on letting your server stay 2 minutes behind real-time like Valve does.

Or if the server doesnt hold up.

dude

dude
hahaha oh wow

Goddammit, I really hate myself for f5ing this page knowing full well this is some iOS port.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Baldur's Gate 3 is coming to facebook! /s

The site is getting haaaammered.

HoosTrax

"If the radiance of a thousand F5s were to burst at once at our web server, that would be like the splendor of a DDoS..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom