• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible Baldur's Gate project in the works [Update: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the site should have been updated with more info but it's probably down from all the traffic. There should be more information coming later today.

Stupid countdowns.
Although, I'd have to tip my hat to their trolling if the actual update does just turn out to be this stupid comic strip.

mclem

Probably just use all the fan tweaks, fixes, unfinished business type stuff and the high res support/text mods, just a little more presentable and user friendly.

It crosses my mind that there's one 'fan tweak' the glues BG1 and 2 together. Now *that's* quite a prospect!

No, this would be just as horrible.
BG is an AD&D game, I don't see it working as anything else.

Some BG2 NPCs (Mazzy!) would benefit from rules changes which didn't necessitate special powers to make up for the fact that halflings can't be paladins in 2nd Ed.

dude

dude
Some BG2 NPCs (Mazzy!) would benefit from rules changes which didn't necessitate special powers to make up for the fact that halflings can't be paladins in 2nd Ed.

This is BG1, and even if so - Making Mazzy and actual Paladin would require to change her character quite a bit...
The game should just remain as it is in terms of gameplay. If thy want to fix something just make the UI more accessible and the graphics on par with BG2. That's it.

Oh, and fix the bugs and things like that.

Nairume

Banned
Baldurs Gate would be fine with any edition of D&D. It'd just require more work for them to go back and rebalance everything, so it's probably going to stay 2nd.

Which means that Atari is technically releasing a 2nd Edition game in 2012, when they have yet to put out a single 4th Edition game that wasn't the facebook thing.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I hope everybody who didn't want iOS version are happy now. Feel free to enjoy the butchered classic on your beloved PC, lol

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Well, at least the goofy cartoon announcement says Summer 2012. That's not too far away.

Nairume

Banned
No trailer, nothing? And why is Atari involved in this? I thought they lost the D&D license.
They lost the license as far as anything new goes. WotC is allowing them to rerelease/update/maintain everything they and, somehow, Interplay published.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom